~Pen Pal Letter Swap-JUNE~ COMPLETED!!!

peaceful

Shall I announce the second part of the Twist of the Month or the Topic of the Month?

dull

I can't wait to make a summer card - it will be fun! As for summer - to me, it means beach! And boiled peanuts! Hot, of course. Library - always think of the library during summer since we used to do the summer reading! Thunderstorms also make me think of summer. The only special summer food that I can really think of is boiled peanuts, and to drink, lots more water!

TODAY is the last day to check in for the week. If you have not yet checked in, please do so.

I love nectarines, fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob. My favorite drink always is Diet Dr. Pepper. I like the sunny weather, but not too hot.

You are so right about all the fresh produce! I can't believe I forgot about all of those -and lima beans, the fresh berries, all of it! We just got the 1st of our green beans out of the garden today, actually, and each of the kids got a cherry tomato since there were 2 ripe ones. I can't wait until the rest of the garden is ready! I keep waiting for the blackberries to ripen - I think we will have a good batch this year! I like diet dr pepper as well, but rarely get any for myself. The only place around here that has it (aside from grocery stores) is Chick-Fil-A, so sometimes I will drive through there just for a diet dr pepper - they hit the spot when it's hot!

And announcing the second Twist of the Month so that if you want, you can go shopping for it.

The second Twist of the Month is....to send your pen pal a refreshing drink. You can put this twist together in several different ways. To send the actual drink-but you need to be careful just in case the liquid spills.... so it will need to be packed nicely in a box.... or you could send a gift card for your pen pal to go, and get themselves a refreshing drink, you could send a drink mix...... I had asked a question to all pen pals earlier to see what their favorite summertime drink and snack is. By review this, you can get a hint of what your pen pal likes. But you can also send something different then what they prefer.

Have fun with both of the twists.

Remember, the Topic of the Month has not yet been received, so once you get your store bought or handmade SUMMER card together, along with your refreshing drink twist, hold on to them.

How do I join these exchanges? Sounds like a fun thing to do! :)

Read the rules that are stated on the first post, and if you are interested in it, and are able to follow the rules...mailing out date..... then send a pm to the exchange organizer with your name and any other information that is requested. Wait until names are given out, then go shopping. Once you have mailed out your swap, post on the sent/received thread, and also once you receive your exchange.

For this letter swap, it is a bit different with a weekly check in....a letter once a month along with Topic of the Month, and twists, .... it is listed on our initial sign up thread if you look back at that. Sign ups for the next round will begin either at the ending of this month or next month if you are interested in joining us for the months of Aug., Sept., and Oct.

Read the rules that are stated on the first post, and if you are interested in it, and are able to follow the rules...mailing out date..... then send a pm to the exchange organizer with your name and any other information that is requested. Wait until names are given out, then go shopping. Once you have mailed out your swap, post on the sent/received thread, and also once you receive your exchange.

For this letter swap, it is a bit different with a weekly check in....a letter once a month along with Topic of the Month, and twists, .... it is listed on our initial sign up thread if you look back at that. Sign ups for the next round will begin either at the ending of this month or next month if you are interested in joining us for the months of Aug., Sept., and Oct.

Thanks! Sounds like great fun! I will definitely be giving it a try! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter