Pay Pal Help Pls.

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but I can’t seem to find the answer on google.

How do I transfer USD out of my Pay Pal account? I’ve tried to link my RBC USD Visa and my RBC USD bank account, but am having no success (my RBC CDN accounts link fine).

I’d love to get USD out for an upcoming trip and would hate to lose out on the Pay Pal conversion to CDN and then losing even more converting that back to USD, so hoping there’s another option???

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Hi all. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but I can’t seem to find the answer on google.

How do I transfer USD out of my Pay Pal account? I’ve tried to link my RBC USD Visa and my RBC USD bank account, but am having no success (my RBC CDN accounts link fine).

I’d love to get USD out for an upcoming trip and would hate to lose out on the Pay Pal conversion to CDN and then losing even more converting that back to USD, so hoping there’s another option???

You need to set up a US *based* account, not just a USD act. We have one we set up with TD (chose a FL TD branch) over the phone. Pretty sure RBC offers the same.

The other option for a Disney trip say is buying a Disney GC on their website and using the USD in your PayPal account to pay. I did it for a cruise when our DVC rental payment cleared a couple weeks before our DCL cruise.

can set up a US RBC account in USD. Unfortunately, most of their options had decent monthly charges. I recall looking at the other Canadian big banks‘ US options and those had high fees as well. The Disney GC is the best options to minimize losing out on the exchange or bank fees

I was able to link my TD Canada Trust USD account to my PayPal account. Not sure how I did it, as it was years ago.

can set up a US RBC account in USD. Unfortunately, most of their options had decent monthly charges. I recall looking at the other Canadian big banks‘ US options and those had high fees as well. The Disney GC is the best options to minimize losing out on the exchange or bank fees
If I'm not mistaken, RBC Bank charges ~US$4/month for their checking account.

As for TD, TD Bank has no monthly fees if you keep a minimum daily balance of US$100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter