Pay for Disney with lots of gift cards

disneydeal

Go to Disney every other year.
Has anybody paid for remainder owed on your trip with gift cards? I still owe a few thousand and noticed sams club has disney cards below cost of cards.

Yes. For your convenience and that of the CM applying your gift cards, you can combine Disney gift cards of smaller denominations onto a single one of those cards up to $1,000. Visit disneygiftcard.com.

Has anybody paid for remainder owed on your trip with gift cards? I still owe a few thousand and noticed sams club has disney cards below cost of cards.
You can definitely pay for your balance due with GCs. Someone else already pointed you in the direction of disneygiftcard .com for combining the GCs that you purchased onto fewer GCs. You can combine GCs up to a maximum value of $1,000 on one GC using the website.

You can also use the Disney Vacation Account website to add your GCs up in one place. You can put more than $1K in there and you will only have to use the account number to pay for your trip. As an added incentive, Disney will give you a $20 GC for every $1K spent on qualifying Disney purchases. But before you open a DVA, read all of the reviews and search for threads on here for problems that people have had with it. You may or may not be willing to take the risk, given some of the negatives involved.

Sam's Club sells three $50 Disney gift cards for about $143. It works out to 4.68% discount, so slightly less than the 5% that REDcard holders get at Target.
Plus you can use a cash back credit card like the Capital One Quicksilver which gives you 1.5% back.

We pay all of our Disney cruises, annual passes and Adventures by Disney trips with Disney gift cards. We use the Chase Ink card to purchase them at Staples or Office Depot to get 5 miles per dollar when we are focused on collecting miles or by using the Raise/Target method when we are trying to save 10% or more. We load all of the gift cards on to our Disney Vacation Savings account and then use that to pay for the trips etc. in order to get an additional 2% back in Disney gift cards.

We pay all of our Disney cruises, annual passes and Adventures by Disney trips with Disney gift cards. We use the Chase Ink card to purchase them at Staples or Office Depot to get 5 miles per dollar when we are focused on collecting miles or by using the Raise/Target method when we are trying to save 10% or more. We load all of the gift cards on to our Disney Vacation Savings account and then use that to pay for the trips etc. in order to get an additional 2% back in Disney gift cards.
DVA gives you 2% back? How does that work?
You can definitely pay for your balance due with GCs. Someone else already pointed you in the direction of disneygiftcard .com for combining the GCs that you purchased onto fewer GCs. You can combine GCs up to a maximum value of $1,000 on one GC using the website.

You can also use the Disney Vacation Account website to add your GCs up in one place. You can put more than $1K in there and you will only have to use the account number to pay for your trip. As an added incentive, Disney will give you a $20 GC for every $1K spent on qualifying Disney purchases. But before you open a DVA, read all of the reviews and search for threads on here for problems that people have had with it. You may or may not be willing to take the risk, given some of the negatives involved.
Right now I have about 10 $50 Disney gc's. I plan to just keep buying one a week for our two trips this year. Can I start adding them to one card now until I reach the $1000 limit then begin another ?

The account needs to be open for 120 days. Then, after 120 days for every $1,000 you spend out of the account to pay for your Disney vacation you will receive a $20 Disney gift card (2%) back up to a maximum of $500 per account.

Right now I have about 10 $50 Disney gc's. I plan to just keep buying one a week for our two trips this year. Can I start adding them to one card now until I reach the $1000 limit then begin another ?
If you're using the disneygiftcard website, you can begin combining GCs at any time. You can never have more than 5 registered GCs in the account at one time, so you wouldn't have to wait until you have 20 $50 GCs.

The account needs to be open for 120 days. Then, after 120 days for every $1,000 you spend out of the account to pay for your Disney vacation you will receive a $20 Disney gift card (2%) back up to a maximum of $500 per account.
Can we deposit Disney gift cards into the account and still earn the 2 percent?

Can we deposit Disney gift cards into the account and still earn the 2 percent?
You won't get a bonus GC just for making deposits. You need to actually spend the funds in order to get the bonus. It's not a true 2%. It's a $20 Disney GC for every $1K spent on qualifying purchases. So, if you were to spend $1800 on Disney purchases, you would only earn a $20 GC, not $36 (which would be 2%).

You can deposit from a debit card, credit card or Disney GC. The DVA only cares about how the money was deposited if you ask for a refund because they will return it to the original form of payment. You will earn your bonus GCs no matter what source the funds came from.

This is exactly what I did to pay for my DVC dues, my park passes and my trip last summer. I first combined all my gift cards to $1K cards and then I entered them into my DVA. One thing to remember if you use your DVA is to keep your gift cards that you enter into it. I don't know why, but sometimes a refund will go back on your gift card instead of the DVA.

I've used multiple Disney gift cards that I purchased at Target taking advantage of the Red Card 5% discount. The CM was awesome. She handled it like an expert. I do like the tip that Lain gave about combining them.

We just got back this weekend and paid off the final couple hundred $$ with gift cards. We buy a $25 or $50 card every time we get paid. We combine all of the amounts onto a few cards (maybe 4) on the disneygiftcard.com site.

Then we use that to pay some on the trip or use on the trip. We only ran our credit card once and had about $150 in cash for this last trip. We used gift cards for everything else, including dining as we were paying OOP.

Marionette is correct, you won't receive the $20 gift cards for less than any $1,000 increment in spending. You only receive a $20 gift card when you reach $1,000 spent out of the account which is 2% so long as you are spending in $1,000 increments or planning to hit the max bonus of $500 in gift cards which is what we do.

I use Swagbucks to earn Paypal cards and Target giftcards and then use those to purchase Disney giftcards. It costs nothing but my time to do the surveys. You can get one $25 Target giftcard a month through Swagbucks and then it can be used to buy Disney giftcards at the Target store or website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter