Parkhopper Pin Meet February 2004

Well, I'm not sure I can spill the beans...is the meet over?

Anyone from Ohio at the meet??

:teeth:

The meet broke up at around 3:30 AM and we officially closed the meet and went to bed after 4:00 AM! This was definitely a record setting meet with lots of surprises! Thanks to everyone who came. I will have some pictures and more details later!

surprised to see people up already since we stayed up so long. Vince made us leave at 3:30, I guess it was getting kinda late (or in this case early). By the time we got back to Robyn's and got to bed it was around 4:30ish. Great pin meet, glad I was able to come join in the fun. It is one pin meet that will be in my memories for along time. I might be in trouble......won a Pooh Snowglobe for being the person coming from the farthest away. This is my first snowglobe and might be my last if my husband thinks I might be starting a new collection.
Just wanted to say Hi to Figgy, wish you could of been here also. lol !!!!!!
Barbara
MsMad :crazy:

So??? Did Debbie make it to the meet?? Was it a surprise???

Someone post some details!!!!!!!

Yes Leslie, Deb (EpcotKilterFan) made it, and it was quite a surprise!!
But for some reason, call it a premonition, it wasn't a complete surprise to me.
We were very happy to see Deb, Kathie, Lisa, Lori, Dom, Barbara, and all the other long-distance travelers that came to the meet. Linda and I stayed until about midnight, and we had to leave because we were pooped! Made some great trades with people I hadn't had the pleasure of trading with before. One of the best multi-pin trades was with Deb Wills which she 's already mentioned. It was about a six pin trade that included some older pins that I've been after for a long time. We had a great time as always, and I'm sorry some of the rest of you could not make it. Great food, friends, and trades!
P.S. I even traded with Ruthie!!
P.S.S. I want to tell a story about a 'find' on the way to the pin meet. We always stop at the Disney Catalog Outlet in Potomac Mills, VA on the way to Parkhopper's meet. Saturday was no exception, even though they very seldom have anything we want, especially pins. They had a clearance table, and eagle-eye Linda spotted a large Disney Auction pin that we recognized as one of six "Masterpiece Series" pins from back in late January. This was a LE 100 pin still on the card, and we got it for $5! When we got home and checked pinpics, we realized it was pin#27856: Disney Auctions - Masterpiece Series (White Rabbit Persistence) and it had sold for over $57! We still don't understand how it made it to a clearance table in a catalog outlet store less than a month after being sold? But, we'll take it!

More trading than I've ever seen! We left at 3:30, and we were trading right until the bitter end.

Even Ruthie traded and traded and traded and traded.....:eek: ......I think she was wheeling and dealing in three directions at once!

We had so many wonderful out-of-town pinpals, including Barbara MadStrawberry and additional surprise guest Deb EpcotKilterFan! Wow!

DH Malcolm (EeyoreHisOwnSelf) won Bingo, all of a sudden had <b>pins to trade</b>, and briefly became an actual <b><i>pintrader!</b></i> :cool1:

I had a magical moment when I got to trade with <i>Celebrity Pinpal</i> Deb Wills! :hyper:

Thanks to Parkhopper Hosts Vince & Suzi for a fantastic day/night event! :earsgirl:

Yes I did make a surprise appearance at the Parkhopper meet.

I got the itch to trade pins and get a Disney fix when I looked at my work schedule for the month of March :eek: :eek:

So earlier this week I call another pin friend of mine and offered up a road trip. He said "if it is within 5 hours we are going" so I told him it was in Maryland and about 6 hours away. It didn't take much twisting of the arm to get him to go :crazy: :sunny:

I do have to say the look on Vince's face when I walked through the door was priceless!!

We had a wonderful time and so glad I took the trip. Big Dan had a great time too and said he would come back. I actually traded! (But not with Ruthie LOL) We left a bit before Midnight as we had gotten on the road around 5:30 am. that morning.

Thanks Vince and Suzi for a great meet!!!!

Debbie

What a great meet, and what a great host and hostess! As always, good food, fun and games, friends and great pin trading!

It was such a great surprise to see Deb (epcotkilterfan) there, and lots of other new faces.

It wasn't a surprise, but it was fun to have Barbara fly in from California, and just super to see Kathie and Lisa--wish you guys lived closer.

Yes my first trade was a multi-pin trade done in record time with our celebrity guest Deb Wills! It was the most excitement I've had in a long time!! Thanks so much Deb for the trading, and for the sharing. It was a pleasure meeting you, and hope to see you the next time.

James and I actually made a trade too, and we were both so surprised that we pulled it off, that when another pin came into the mix after the trade, we decided not to push our luck and stayed with what we had! James, and Linda, it was so fun having you stay late with us!!

Told Vince I'm getting too old for this late-night trading--fell asleep during the beginning of the Oscars, and missed all the cool dresses!

Thanks guys--a lot of time, energy, and work go into these meets--can't wait 'til the next time!

What a great weekend!! Just got in from Maryland.

There were so many people.......there was electricity in the air.

I think I traded with just about everyone and got some great pins. And I can attest to Malcom now being a pin trader. I traded with him. :hyper:

It was great to see some old friends and meet some that I had traded with online. Great to put faces and voices with emails.

Also in attendance was daber and his wife, Dom, Lori (Tink129) and a couple of friends, Sean and Samantha. Sorry if we missed anyone else.

Thanks to Vince & Suzi for all the work they did to put this meet together and for their hospitality. Not only did they host this meet at their own expense, they opened their beautiful home to Lisa and I.

Now need to catch up on sleep.

:crazy:

I was so excited to see a Parkhopper pin meet planned and I didn't have to work, but knew I could just not make that drive by myself. So, I called a couple (John & Jodie) that I recently got to know at the "This is Love Event" and asked if they would be interested in attending. I was just thrilled when they said, yes. I have heard so much about this vast collection of pins and Disneyana and was finally going to get the chance to see it in person. There is only one word to describe this WOW !! There were pins displayed everywhere, it took our breath away. I got to see lots of pins that I have only seen a picture of, all of which was beautifully presented. Vince & Suzi, you should charge admission and call it "The Mid-Atlantic Disney Pin Fix".

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones, JamesD & Linda, Daber & Carol, EpcotKilterFan & friend Dan, EeyoresPal & family, LQQKING2BE, Deb Wills, MadStrawberry, ~Kathie, Tiggersmom, Dom13, RamVa, Heather, Jennifer, Sean and of course Vince & Suzi, if I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me. I made lots of trades and had lots fun, good laughs and memories to cherish.

We played BINGO and yes, Eeyore'sPal's hubby Malcolm co-won with Vickie (who's from my neck of the woods). The food was great and those meatballs, just kept calling my name, they were addictive. I won a little mini snowglobe of, Tink, one that didn't have, in the raffle. Time went by so fast and we finally got on the road about 10pm.
Vince & Suzi, Thank You for hosting the best meet I have ever attended, you are both WONDERFUL !!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah it was OK :crazy:

I had a wonderful time, as always. I almost hit the floor when Debbie walked in the door, especially since she was on the phone with me telling how much she wished she could be there - What a Smartie!!;)

I had a wonderful time from beginning to end, and would recommend(although that is too weak a word) you experience a Parkhopper meet. Next to WDW itself this is a ride like no other.

I lost the most pins traded to Vince & Suzi , they traded over 100, but not by much. I counted 87 pins traded. I think I got to meet and trade with just about everyone, including the West Coast contingent.

Debbie, tell Big Dan I know I will definitely remember him from now on. It was a real pleasure to trade & chat with Dan. Lori's friends John & Jodi were wonderful people and it was a pleasure to you.

I loved seeing everyone, wished it was more often.

A special thank to Vince & Suzi for hosting, I know ALOT of work goes into these meets. You make it seem so effortless that we might not realize the time & energy you guys put in but please know it is SOOOO appreciated.

PS - You new home is WONDERFUL. Even if I couldn't stay awake for Pirate's:p

PPS - NAT & SANDY WE MISSED YOU!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter