Park Hopping......

Just an econ term. Disney heavily uses dynamic pricing and serves seemingly a million different market segments, which is why it's surprising that they haven't created multiple tiers for park hopping already.
by the way, as a "price sensitive" person, we already pay a lot for these vacations, the tiered economy, where us that "have less money and more time (not sure how i have more time)" it gets really annoying.

its nickel and diming, and it seems to be one of the major complaints about disney on these forums.

I'm taking a wild guess but I think the 2 pm park hoping rule is still in place because of the rides currently using a virtual que so that pole can't be in a second park that they hadn't reserved to be in top get a chance at the 1 pm virtual que release. That being said I think they should change it to only the parks that currently have attritions that have a virtual que, so basically right now you can park hop at any time between animal kingdom and Hollywood studios but you have to wait until 2 for EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom.
Yes, that would make sense! I would love that.

I'm taking a wild guess but I think the 2 pm park hoping rule is still in place because of the rides currently using a virtual que so that pole can't be in a second park that they hadn't reserved to be in top get a chance at the 1 pm virtual que release. That being said I think they should change it to only the parks that currently have attritions that have a virtual que, so basically right now you can park hop at any time between animal kingdom and Hollywood studios but you have to wait until 2 for EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom.
But then the 2pm rule would changed based on which parks were using VQs. Right now its EPCOT and MK, but in the future Animal Kingdom and/or Hollywood Studios could have VQ rides, so then the 2pm rule would have to apply to them (but then maybe not to EPCOT and/or MK anymore). Much easier to just apply the rule across the board then have things shift and people try to keep up with that.

But then the 2pm rule would changed based on which parks were using VQs. Right now its EPCOT and MK, but in the future Animal Kingdom and/or Hollywood Studios could have VQ rides, so then the 2pm rule would have to apply to them (but then maybe not to EPCOT and/or MK anymore). Much easier to just apply the rule across the board then have things shift and people try to keep up with that.
VQ's only happen very seldom. Really no keeping up with anything. In fact, the stand by line is already ready at Guardians so it won't be on for much longer.

Again, I'm not sure why they're waiting until Jan 9 to roll this out. Nobody would be alarmed if you got rid of the park hopping restrictions or reservation system tomorrow morning.

We will just miss out on these welcome changes, so it's pretty frustrating, even if it's good to see them finally make this change.

Again, I'm not sure why they're waiting until Jan 9 to roll this out. Nobody would be alarmed if you got rid of the park hopping restrictions or reservation system tomorrow morning.

We will just miss out on these welcome changes, so it's pretty frustrating, even if it's good to see them finally make this change.
I agree, but I guess they don't want to open the floodgates and mess with the holiday season crowds.

Allows them to still control holiday season crowds ....

AND gives them 3 mos to create any new "things" to help them continue to keep all the parks full, the G+ system working properly and cash registers ringing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter