Park Hopping......

Park Reservations are going away. Some suspect the park hopping rules may too or at least be rolled back, but that is not confirmed.
Not totally. People with date-based tickets will no longer need park reservations (since a date-based ticket essentially already is a reservation). APs will be held to the same park pass rules as they are now, as will those with non-date-based tickets.

Not totally. People with date-based tickets will no longer need park reservations (since a date-based ticket essentially already is a reservation). APs will be held to the same park pass rules as they are now, as will those with non-date-based tickets.

Yes, that's true for APs ans some other tickets, but for ht evast number of ticket-buyers, picking your park ahead of time will essentially be gone.

Until they get rid of ALL park reservations - the 2 pm should stay in place.

This isn’t personal but I’m tired of these games we have to play.

They know the minute you make a reservation that you have a park hopper and should be able to plan accordingly. What’s the % of PH tickets on a given day?

When 2:00 rolls around are they shifting staff to other parks, if that‘s the case what if people wait until 6PM and the staff that they moved from one park to the other is wasted because people stayed?

I’m sure they have all the data on this and the data says “keep raising prices and giving less. We don’t want to spend on staff/maintenance/anything.”

Have they lowered the price on hoppers since they instituted the 2:00 rule? I know out of state AP prices haven’t come down at all.

Immediately following the pandemic while things sorted out? Sure. Today? Nope.

If I’m staying at Boardwalk and have APs with parkhoppers and want to hang out at the hotel until 11, grab some food at Connections (with my Epcot reservation), then go to MK at noon, what huge impact am I having on the delicate balance of their fragile ecosystem? Did they have too much staff at Epcot because I waited until 11 to show up? What would happen if EVERYONE did what I did? I’ve done plenty of drive-by reservations where I make an appearance in one park just to go to another because the family changed their mind and we had a stupid reservation, but we need to wait until 2:00 to hit the first park. What happened in 2017 when I could roll out of bed and go wherever the hell I wanted for however long I wanted?

It’s the same as everything else. The place is still great but about 30% worse, across the board, than it was 5 years ago.

Iger can blame humidity all he wants but this stuff is pissing people off and it’s starting to show.

They know the minute you make a reservation that you have a park hopper and should be able to plan accordingly. What’s the % of PH tickets on a given day?

When 2:00 rolls around are they shifting staff to other parks, if that‘s the case what if people wait until 6PM and the staff that they moved from one park to the other is wasted because people stayed?

I’m sure they have all the data on this and the data says “keep raising prices and giving less. We don’t want to spend on staff/maintenance/anything.”

Have they lowered the price on hoppers since they instituted the 2:00 rule? I know out of state AP prices haven’t come down at all.

If I’m staying at Boardwalk and have APs with parkhoppers and want to hang out at the hotel until 11, grab some food at Connections (with my Epcot reservation), then go to MK at noon, what huge impact am I having on the delicate balance of their fragile ecosystem? Did they have too much staff at Epcot because I waited until 11 to show up? What would happen if EVERYONE did what I did? I’ve done plenty of drive-by reservations where I make an appearance in one park just to go to another because the family changed their mind and we had a stupid reservation, but we need to wait until 2:00 to hit the first park. What happened in 2017 when I could roll out of bed and go wherever the hell I wanted for however long I wanted?

It’s the same as everything else. The place is still great but about 30% worse, across the board, than it was 5 years ago.

Iger can blame humidity all he wants but this stuff is pissing people off and it’s starting to show.

Guess you don't like park reservations .... :teeth:

I firmly believe that the entire purpose of the park reservations was played out as "staff scheduling" but what it really did was fill up all 4 parks, force spending in all 4 parks, especially lunch before you could hop.

Let's say for simple purpose there were 10,000 going to WDW with capacity restrictions.
5,000 want MK, 3,000 want DHS, 1,000 want EPCOT and 1,000 want AK.
Epcot and AK are operating at a loss.
If you begin to manipulate capacity, creating demand you can slowly train people to book each park so they can hope to ride FOP, Rise, Guardians and now TRON.
You force people to go 3,000, 2,500, 2,500 and 2,000.
You have trained them to book every park, and you hold them there until 2.
As capacity rises it rises at each park as much as Disney wants to rise it.
They are now keeping every park as full, as they increase demand to guide the numbers.
We now need to start at each park for the hard to get rides.
At some point I think AK is going to drop if they don't get building there. FOP isn't as special anymore.

Now even if they drop the system for ticket holders they can still control it with parameters using Genie+, ILL and VQ. They can even go back to the old ADR cancel system if they want, further controlling guests.

All so much more complicated to get what they want. Has been brilliant in it's own way. Curious to see what happens next. They literally can still control where you go by other means, making guests think they gave you back something while they were still holding on. :teacher:

Exactly. There are other ways of getting you where they want you, but without forcing it on you.

They are overcomplicating it by letting the data science people have too much influence. They were doing alright for themselves without 2PM or reservations and will be OK when the get rid of it.

In the end they will get what they want, but right now, I’m not getting what I want and I’m paying too much to feel like that.

Last edited:

I completely agree with you! Our last big trip we stayed at Boardwalk. It would have been so nice to be able to go over to Les Halles for breakfast before heading to another park.

The 1st time I've ever agreed with a Devils fan......Well said! (Go Flyers!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter