Panera Question

Bad Pink Tink 2.0

Original Join Date March 2015
Creating a new thread as I didnt want to take the other one off topic. Last year I walked down to McDonalds and Panera to get some food. Ive never been to Panera as we dont have it in my country. I had no idea what to order, so I just went to McDonalds.

So help me out. What are some suggestions to order for a first timer? What are your go to food items, which items are hit and miss, which items are the ones to avoid. Also interested in drink suggestions :)

Their Mac & Cheese is legendary. The broccoli cheddar soup with fresh bread is yummy. I’ve liked every sandwich that I’ve tried. Last time I had a salad at that location, the protein portion was tiny, maybe only 1 ounce, and definitely not worth the price tag.

Their Mac & Cheese is legendary. The broccoli cheddar soup with fresh bread is yummy. I’ve liked every sandwich that I’ve tried. Last time I had a salad at that location, the protein portion was tiny, maybe only 1 ounce, and definitely not worth the price tag.
Thanks, I walked in and had no idea about the menu or what to order.

It's a pretty extensive menu, so I'll bet you get 100 different responses.

For lunch, I always do the "you pick two" option with a half sandwich and half salad. My favorite salad is the Fuji apple one. The chipotle chicken avocado melt or Frontega chicken are my sandwich go-tos, but I've never gotten a sandwich I haven't liked there. Before he was diagnosed with celiac, DS always got the chipotle chicken avocado sandwich. My daughter always gets mac and cheese - it's a little unusual for mac and cheese, more saucy than usual.

If you are there at breakfast, the baked egg souffles are my absolute fave. It's like a quiche inside of a croissant (best way to describe it). From the bakery counter, the orange scones have always been a family fave.

For drinks, my daughter loves the charged lemonades (i think they are ridiculous but also never drink Red Bull or the like). I typically just drink water at lunch, but if I was going to pick something - the iced green tea option is nice. It's fruity and not overly sweet.

It's a pretty extensive menu, so I'll bet you get 100 different responses.

For lunch, I always do the "you pick two" option with a half sandwich and half salad. My favorite salad is the Fuji apple one. The chipotle chicken avocado melt or Frontega chicken are my sandwich go-tos, but I've never gotten a sandwich I haven't liked there. Before he was diagnosed with celiac, DS always got the chipotle chicken avocado sandwich. My daughter always gets mac and cheese - it's a little unusual for mac and cheese, more saucy than usual.

If you are there at breakfast, the baked egg souffles are my absolute fave. It's like a quiche inside of a croissant (best way to describe it). From the bakery counter, the orange scones have always been a family fave.

For drinks, my daughter loves the charged lemonades (i think they are ridiculous but also never drink Red Bull or the like). I typically just drink water at lunch, but if I was going to pick something - the iced green tea option is nice. It's fruity and not overly sweet.
Thanks, its ok, its all totally new to me so it just gives me an idea of what people like. :)

Wife and I usually split the Green Goddess Caprese Melt and I might add on a side of Mac & Cheese or soup. We don’t usually eat vegetarian but that sandwich is great!

On our most recent trip with some friends, we hit Panera the first night. It was our friends first time eating there and they all really loved it. It is hard to go wrong.

Most expletive Panarea in the US!...nothing bad but the "You Pick Two" is for sure the way to go and get a 1/2 portion of two different items that sound appealing.
I know the I HOP is the same, Ive seen others complain about the prices, but again we don't have I HOP in my country, so when I go to Disneyland its a once a year chance to go there.

My favs at Panera
Fuji apple salad with chicken
Creamy tomato soup
Napa almond chicken salad sandwich
lemon drop cookie
Agave lemonade (so good)
Mango smoothie

My youngest loves the mac and cheese. My middle loves the broccoli cheddar soup. I like the chicken and wild rice soup and the autum butternut squash soup when they have it. I also really like the fuji apple salad and all of the power bowls. My husband and oldest daughter like the chipolte chicken avocado melt and the tomato soup. My husband also likes the flatbreads.

We also like the charged lemonades (except my youngest gets a regular lemonade) and I like most of the teas. I am not a fan of their coffee. We like the savory bagels, but find they charge a crazy amount for the cream cheese so we usually only get those at home and get a breakfast sandwich or muffin when traveling.

Mac n cheese
bakery items, ie cookies, croissants, muffins
salads, green goddess
soups,

It's a resturant I would never choose to dine at, much less pay the jacked up pricess because of its location. I haven't had one thing there I would recommend.

If you can sign up for the free sip club (2 months free), consider doing so before or even when you arrive.

Food depends on how much you can eat. I usually do the value duets for 7.99. Get my drink from sip club and then a half priced dessert, lol 😆

I stayed right by the Panera for a week this month and thought it was a pretty subpar Panera, though I haven't visited my local ones in recent years so perhaps it's just gone downhill everywhere. They forgot parts of my order pretty much every day, and they also don't put to go orders on the rapid pick up shelf (too much theft?) so you have to ask for them at the window. I was working from my hotel room a few days and so I had quite a few breakfast/lunches there out of convenience.

It's worth it to sign up for the free sips club trial which will get you a free coffee/tea/fountain drink every two hours, if you will pass it on the way to/from the parks.

In terms of food, I don't really think any of the sandwiches are very good, their bread is just very subpar to me. The soups are serviceable, broccoli cheddar and creamy chicken wild rice are the two I stick to. The fuji apple salad is pretty good as well. They don't put cream cheese on the bagel which is criminal to me, so even if you get it toasted it will come with a little refrigerated single serve of cream cheese that is difficult to spread.

TBH McDonalds has far better breakfast options and for far less money. Panera prices can be really high too (often $15 for a meal), to the point where park food is the same price or even cheaper.

We are a Panera family as I won’t eat the ingredients at McDonald’s. We like the Fuij Apple Salad and if you want more economical, there are “simpler” sandwiches and salads. I like the Mediterranean Veggie sandwich.

It's a resturant I would never choose to dine at, much less pay the jacked up pricess because of its location. I haven't had one thing there I would recommend.
Thats fine, but we dont have this in my country and I have never eaten there. I like to make my own decision based on my experience whether the food is good or bad. You saying you would never choose to go there actually makes me WANT to go there. Part of International travel is to try new food and to go restaurants that are local. In this case, yes I know its a chain, but its an American chain.

I like their tomato soup and Mediterranean veggie sandwich. I usually do the pick two to get a half sandwich and a cup of soup. Their salads and pastries (because everyone needs balance 😅) are tasty too. I have been pleasantly surprised by the food, considering it's a chain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter