Pam's Low Carb Road (Comments Welcome)

You cannot imagine how full my heart is with all of the love I am getting from my WISH buddies. You all are truly amazing! I hope in the future I can touch some of your hearts as much as I have been touched by you. I have to go now and blow my nose. Sniff, sniff.................:grouphug:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, butter, coffee, cream

Carbs = 2

Lunch - hamburger, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce

Carbs = 11

well, I totally changed what I was going to have for lunch. I had a MAJOR craving for mexican! It was so strong, I had the same for dinner. :teeth:

Dinner - hamburger, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce

Carbs = 11

Snack - nuts........way too many of them. Man, I was hungry today.

Carbs - 13

TOTAL CARBS = 37 Yikes!

:D

I hope in the future I can touch some of your hearts as much as I have been touched by you.
You already have. You have shared your stories with us and encouraged so many of us when we were down.
Keep your chin up-
Mary

Hi Pam,

Don't worry about those few extra carbs right now! 37 isn't bad when you're body is heeling from all it has been through in the past week. You might be so hungry because you're still heeling and right now you need to listen to the needs of you're body! Keep up the great work, Buddie!

Cheryl :wave: :wave2:

Pam, I'm stopping by to say hi! :wave2:

I agree with Cheryl - your body is still healing. Please be extra kind to yourself, OK?

I'm sending a gentle :hug: and some warm :sunny: for your Wednesday.

Thank you all. And don't worry, I was very "kind" to myself this week. :p A little TOO kind. :o

But I'm back on program today. Myrtle Beach is (hopefully, oh please God, let it work out) in August, and you know that will get here before you know it. I will already look like a beached whale :rolleyes: , I don't want it to be worse.

So for today.............

Breakfast - 3 eggs , cheese, butter, half and half, coffee

Carbs= 3

Lunch - tuna, cheese, mayo

Carb= 2

Dinner - Family is having leftovers which I can't have. Don't want to cook anything. I think I just want some more tuna.
Tuna, mayo, salad

Carb= 4

splenda in ice tea all day. 4-5 packets= 5 carbs

TOTAL CARB= 14

:sunny:

Pam- don't be so hard on yourself- you have been so committed to your low-carb program- it has taken tremendous willpower- so you know you can do anything you decide to do-
Be good to yourself- and if you slip up just forget it and move on-
You are dealing with alot and you don't need diet guilt on top of everything else.
Myrtle Beach sounds fun- do you know that Hooters Airlines flies there really cheap? My boss flew Hooters to MB and he said he got really nervous just before takeoff. He kept hearing this voice in his head saying, "What were you thinking- save a few bucks and fly Hooters. There area of expertise is HOT WINGS!!! Not air travel." The cockpit door was closed but he kept picturing really pretty girls in short, shorts flying the plane while drinking beer.

Cheapmom, you crack me up!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pam, I'm glad to hear you're back on program. Myrtle Beach sounds perfectly wonderful!! However, no more comments about beached whales, OK?? You are beautiful, no matter what size - your beauty comes from the inside and nothing can take that away! I'm sure you'll be looking better than ever by August!!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! :sunny:

:laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Do you think I would get a discount on Hooter Air for my pair of DD's?? DDD.........get it....Double D Discount??? :p I wonder if it could be like triple A?? Just a thought! ;)

Ok, Doe. No more comments like that, I promise.

:sunny:

DD discount!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If booking online use discount code 40DD for savings
Hope your weekend was great!

:teeth: Heehee.............good one. Or in my case, 44DD. Ok, I think I just entered the "Too Much Information" zone. You all probably didn't need to know that. Oh, the things we put in our journals. :p

Today:

Ok. I know that shakes aren't exactly induction, but I didn't feel like anything else. I even skipped breakfast then had a shake around 10 am. Maybe it was because I was more thirsty than hungry. Don't know.

So..........

Breakfast- .......................

Snack - Atkins shake

Carb = 8 (I'm including the fiber also. I like to count TOTAL carbs)

Lunch- hb eggs, mayo

Carbs = 2

Dinner -

Carbs =

TOTAL CARBS =

:sunny: Everyone have a nice day!

Vacation was great but I fell off the induction train, as they say.

Yesterday was my first day back. I did well. I can tell, because I had a headache today and feel sluggish. Oh, why, why, why......:rolleyes: This IS the plan I want for my life. I need to treat it that way.

You know, people that are allergic to peanuts, egg whites, mushrooms, whatever.......they stay away because they know it will be trouble if they eat it. That is the attitude I need to have about carbs. At least the bad carbs. The "once in a while" attitude is becoming the "once a week" attitude. ENOUGH! ENOUGH I SAY!!!

Today has been good. Hamburger with cheese and salsa. I need to plan dinner yet. Making the family spaghetti. I think I'll just have salad with some tuna or something. I'm lazy today and want to get some housework done now that school is over for the day.

Summer is going to be here soon, and I'm no where NEAR the goal I wanted to be at. Ofcourse the pregnancy slowed me down a little bit. But my eating habits weren't good on vacation.

I think I'll cook up a bunch of chicken breasts so I have them ready for the next couple of days. They are so versatile.

chug, chug, chug, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG.......I'm back on the Atkins train...................:thewave:

Breakfast - 3 eggs, butter, cheese, tea, splenda

Carbs = 4

Lunch - Chicken breast, sour cream, 1 oz cheese, salsa

carbs = 5

Dinner - (Subs at church tonight. I'll skip the bun) Turkey, ham, lettuce, dressing

Carbs = 7

TOTAL CARBS = 16

Great job getting back on track. It is so hard to on vacation and OP. Don't sweat it.
You are doing great- I know induction is hard but you can push through.
Have a great day-
Mary

Oh PS: As far as your bra size being categorized as TMI (Too Much Info) I don't think so- If you go on the main WISH board there have been in depth discussions about the gastro-intenstinal side effects of low carb chocolate and if you read that thread you will realize disclosing your bra size is nothing to worry about.

A little better today. Still had a little headache, and I won't be able to nap today so I hope I won't need it. Stayed up late with DH last night watching a movie. He left this morning for a men's golf retreat. He won't be home until after dinner Friday. I'm going to miss him something fierce. I swear we could spend all day together everyday and not need a break from one another. He's not perfect, but he is such a good friend. The kids will keep me busy though. And there's always laundry. :rolleyes: :p

Breakfast - 2 HB eggs

Carbs= 1

Lunch - 1 HB egg, pepperoni....(man on loudspeaker)...walk away from the pepperoni......walk away from the pepperoni, NOW Lady!!!

Carbs = 3

Dinner - Chicken, cheese, lo carb tortilla, sour cream, salsa,lettuce

Carbs = 15

TOTAL CARBS = 19

Pam, you are back on track and doin' GREAT this week!! DH will be home soon and hopefully the family can enjoy the upcoming weekend together!!

I don't think bra size is TMI - heck, I've been known to put all my measurements in my journal! Besides, it's YOUR journal, Pam and you can put in anything you want. I was cracking up about the Hooters DD discount!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have a great weekend! :sunny:

Doe.....do you know what an encouragement you are?? I know you hear that all of the time, but you are. I just want you to know that I think the world of you. Thanks for your encouragement. You're a sweetie. ::yes::

So.....I can't sleep. I have been so tired this week from carb withdrawl (yes, yet again), I've needed a nap almost every day. Last night, I went to bed at the same time as the kids and I splept 10 hours! Whew. I felt good when I got up though. But now I can't sleep. I think I have too much on my mind so I thought I'd put these ramblings in my journal. :scratchin

I am sick and tired of being fat. I know. I've said this before, but I am. I try to embrace life and give it my all inspite of the weight, but I have to be honest with myself. I hold back. I don't do physical things with my kids because of my weight. I don't go skiing, I mean, what would I wear?? I don't roller blade......what if I fell down, I could break something. What's that honey? You want me to ice skate with you?? Or..You want me to take you to the pool?? Uhhhhhh, maybe next week.

Is this the same girl who played field hockey and track for five years and thought a size 8 was too big??? My kids don't know that person. The person who loved to play sports and sweat and WAS GOOD AT WHATEVER I PLAYED! I even won $1,000 toward college (which was good back then because my tuition/board was only 5,000) People come into my house, even my DD's friends and comment on my bridal picture........wow, that doesn't even look like you. :rolleyes: I know. They're only stating the truth. It doesn't hurt my feelings, it's not their intention to sound mean. But it does make me think..........I AM SICK OF THIS. This isn't me. AAAArrrgggghhhhh!!!!

How long will I let this go on?? This kind of stuff is what has kept me serious this week. I hope it doesn't wear off. I need this feeling in my gut to last longer than a week.

We have a BBQ to go to tomorrow night. I was asked to bring potato salad. Argh. But the way I feel now, it doesn't even tempt me. Fortunately, the hosts are on South Beach so I know there will be stuff for me to eat, I'm not worried at all.

I guess I'm a little angry with myself. If anyone is reading this, sorry. This is the kind of stuff I spew at 1:00am. :crazy: I'll be Ok. Life is good and God has blessed as always inspite of myself. I'm so glad He's patient because I'm losing mine. :badpc:

And food journal................I don't feel like listing you right now.......I'll just say I had about 1300 calories and 18 carbs. Good night.

Hey Pam,

I know how you feel about comparing myself now to my young self. When I go there, I remember that I smoked and went out dancing every night. I don't want to go back there, now, do I?

I always get annoyed when I hear people talk about how women gain weight after they get married like they got their man and then they got lazy. It's not that, it's that we then spend time doing comfortable things like staying in and watching tv together, or spend time when you're dating going out to dinner all the time and the movies (popcorn, candy, coke). Don't forget that our metabolism naturally slows down when we get older.

And finally, pregnancies, my friend. You and I have had a boatload to keep our bodies at higher weights. You should still be gentle with yourself because your body may still be rebounding.

So make a cheese and pepperoni platter for your cookout (is that Atkins? I'm a wwer) and I'm sure your hosts will understand, especially if they're on a plan themselves. The BBQ will not fall apart without your potato salad, no matter how good it is. Stop being angry with yourself, and find a small success to smile about today. You've already lost 35 pounds right? You're going to be great.

Take care,
Disneygoof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter