Pam's Low Carb Road (Comments Welcome)

Thanks Disneygoof,

I feel better now after a good night's rest. I think the host asked me for potato salad because not all of the people (including some of my family) are not low carbing. Don't worry. Like I said, I'm not in the slightest bit tempted. Now in two weeks, it might be a different story. ;)

And I agree with you. I hate it when people think you let yourself go just because you "got your man". I always say, the bad eating habits started way before marriage, but it was after marriage that the results came in. :rolleyes: I destroyed my metabolism.

I traveled for one year on a singing team in college. We took one full year off of our studies to travel for the college. We had a multi-media program and gospel concerts that we did. We probably performed 8-12 concerts A WEEK with one day off a month. We were given costumes for the program that we performed and gowns for the gospel concerts. Well, you have to be able to fit into those all year, right?? So every Monday morning was weigh in time. My DH was the team leader. So guess who had to weigh everyone in on Monday. You guessed it. The team leader. We were just dating then (if you can call it that on the road with 18 other people with you constantly and never being able to even hold hands) but having your boyfriend weigh you in every week is a hoot, I'll tell ya. I exercised everyday, skipped dinner all of the time. When I did eat, it was junk or carbs, so I'm sure I was protein difficient. I got down to 118 pounds but was VERY unhealthy and had horrible eating habits.

Well, ofcourse, when I got back to the real world, and got a job at Pizza Hut part time during school, guess what happened now?? Yep, 14 pounds, just like that!! This was all before marriage and unfortuneately, it only got worse. This is where the struggle began.

But I must say, we have BOTH learned lessons from this journey. My DH wasn't always nice to me in the beginning about my weight. He is a VERY disciplined person. I'm not kidding. When we took a personality test before we got married (pre-marital counseling by my pastor) he scored OFF THE CHART!!! The pastor looked at him and said, "She is going to make you have fun." :p Isn't that hysterical!! And my DH says it is so true.

Ron has become the most patient, kind, supportive, encouraging man I could have ever hoped for. He has become my biggest cheerleader. It's not that I wouldn't have liked to do things differently if I had to do it all over, but I'm glad we both have learned some lessons and the time wasn't wasted. I'd hate to have to learn those lessons over again.

Ok. Enough philosophying!:crazy:

Took my DD Meredith out to breakfast this morning. I do this every once in a while for each of the children. I hardly ever get any one on one time so I started doing this to help. She picked Bob Evans..........she ordered pancakes with strawberry topping and whipped cream, sausage.......and I ordered a sausage and cheese omelet. I knew it came with biscuits, but I forgot about the potatoes. Well I did well. I asked the waitress as soon as she brought our food if I could have a box. I put everything illegal in the box and it came home for the rest of the children. We had a good time together. She's a sweetie!

Breakfast - eggs, sausage, cheese, coffee, cream

Carbs - ? I'm guessing 9

snack - HB egg

Carb = .5

Lunch - HB egg

Carb = .5

Dinner - I'll post this later. I am going to do great though...............:flower3: :goodvibes

Aaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!! I had some of the leftover mashed potatoes last night. Potatoes cannot enter my house anymore. Maybe some day I can say no to the dreaded potato, but for now I can't. Other than that, I did great yesterday.

Today is going to be a much better day.

Breakfast - 2 eggs, butter, tea, splenda

carbs = 2

Snack - 1/4 cup mixed nuts (I'm measuring this time ;) )

carbs= 5 (2 of that is fiber)

Lunch - tuna, mayo, celery, cheese, letttuce, dressing

Carbs = 6

Snack - 1/2 cup sf choc. pudding

carbs= 6

Dinner -

Carbs -

There are a few illegal foods around my house too! At the top of my list is double-stuff oreos... but the list goes on and on.
I really do think that if you keep the bad stuff out of the house than it will be much easier. I guess that is hard when you are on Atkins and everyone in your house isn't.
You are doing great- I read your 1:00am ramble and I know how you feel. You are working so hard to improve yourself. You are a great Mom and teacher. Don't be mad at yourself for gaining weight- be proud of yourself for working hard to get back in shape.
This is a simple truth - it is not true for everyone but it is true for me- and I think for you- HAVING BABIES MAKES YOU FAT! But it's worth every ounce. 35 pounds gone- You did that- you made that happen- You are excellent and strong- just remember that!
Have a great day!
Mary:D

Pam, I agree with Mary! Celebrate your successes and know that you are not alone. I know I too have those times when I'm all too willing to beat myself up over a "failure" (usually something pretty minor in the big scheme of life). I just look at this as a day to day plan of treating myself in a healthy way. On the majority of days, that means eating low carb and exercising. However there are days that are too busy, too stressed, too whatever, when treating myself in a healthy way means being less rigid with my expectations and cutting myself some slack. It doesn't mean I've given up - just that I need a day or two to focus on something outside of my healthy habits.

I'm sending you a :hug: and some extra :sunny: for your Monday!

Hey Pam- Just checking in to say hi and to let you know I am thinking about you- Hope things are going well.

:wave2: just been really busy with trying to finish up school with the girls. I have to give them the IOWA acheivement test yet, also. That's always a blast. :crazy:

Did REALLY well today, so I feel like I'm back on track. I want this to be the LAST summer that I am fat!!::yes:: I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I've been mosey-in-along here and I'm not going anywhere. Well, it's time to change all that.

I had about 19 carbs and 1200 calories today. We are going to go to a surprise birthday party tomorrow night for one of my friends at church. It should be fun. It's being catered (I'm sure there will be meat :teeth: ). This is my really rich friend, and wonderfully generous also. I love to go to her house and see how the other half lives. We nicknamed her house, "the Taj" and they have a landing strip in their "back yard". That's how she will be coming in.........BY AIRPLANE! Can you believe this?? She will see us all on the lawn ready to greet her. This is just too much. :p

They are wonderful people. No college education....got married right out of high school....he is a builder (only homes $500,000 and up), and they do A TON for the church and our people. I'm so glad God blesses people like this.

Anyway.......I'll right what I ate after the party. I've got to stay away from the desserts. I'll be fine otherwise, I think.

The surprise party sounds like fun!! I hope it all went well and you were able to eat healthy while there.

Hope your Friday is filled with :sunny: !

That party sounds great- I hope everything is going well. I am sure you are looking forward to summer vacation. Maybe things will settle down and you can carve out a little time for yourself.
Mary:sunny:

Hi Pam- I know you are having a busy summer with your gang. Just wanted to say hi- thinkin' 'boutcha! Hope you are lurking so you can see this.

Hi Pam! :wave2:

I'm thinkin' about you too!!

If you're headed down this way to see your mom and you want to meet up at a park or a mall for an hour or two, let me know!

Hope your days are filled with :sunny: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter