• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*** Our Magical Christmas Trip!! ***UPDATED & FINISHED!!!

Really enjoying your trip report. Hannah looks adorable and your DH is grinning from ear to ear in all the pics. Looks like this could become a regular trip...:goodvibes

He really enjoyed himself and did say he would definately go again :yay:

What a great 1st day! The hotel looks really really nice. And at least the hairdryer looks better (and more modern lol) than the one you get at Sequoia Lodge lol.

Wow Sara - you got loads done in your first day :goodvibes !

Your room does look great at the Dream Castle.

Tuesday 11th November: Day 2

We got up early and went downstaires for breakfast.
The resturant for breakfast was very big, lots of tables and plenty of space, there was no queues.
There was lots to choose from:

*Scrambled Egg (was ok, but a bit creamy)
*Beans
*Bacon
*Fried potatoes
*Toast, Croissonts and french bread.. toaster grill to toast bread
*Cheese, Ham & salad.... jam, honey & choc spread
*Yoghurts
*Cereals & Milk
*Fruit salad
*Drinks.... Fresh Orange & apple juice, milk hot/cold, water, tea, coffee, hot choc

We filled up on a big breakfast then got the bus to the park.
We decided to go to the Main Park again and get some more done.

We went straight to Fantasy Land and noticed that it was very busy, it was a french holiday today so we expected it to be busy.
So we decided to leave Fantasyland and finish the rides in there another day, so we went to Fontierland.

* Heading into Fontierland
197.jpg

We were disappointed that Thunder Moutain was closed for this week as it looked really good.

*Thunder Mountain
202.jpg

The wild West atmosphere was great, we took some photos.

198.jpg

*Beside the shop
200.jpg

*Lucky nugget
201.jpg

We then went inside the haunted house, Spooooooky!
It was reat fun, the lift stopped and then it went pitch black, Hannah was fine, she wasnt scared, she looked a bit shocked when we got on the ride and she saw the ghosts and spooky things, but she didnt cry and was not frightened.
When we got out of the Haunted house we watched the boat go round and Hannah was running around shouting ''peoow peoow'' i asked what she was doing and she said she was shooting all the ghosts :rotfl:

We then walked round to find Santa's post office on our way there we bumped into Gepetto and some Monkey's

*Hannah and Gepetto
DSC03127.jpg

*Hannah and Monkey
DSC03125.jpg

We walked on and came to Santa's Village, Hannah posted her letter to santa.

*Santa's post office
234.jpg

Then decided to see Santa, on our way round she found a Toys Story area, and we couldnt get her out of there. (shes a Toy Story fan) she had some photos taken in there.

*Hannah on Toy Story Horse
006.jpg

*Hannah next to the toy story cowboy
002.jpg

We decided to wait in the queue for Santa and while we were waiting we took pics of the snow.
* Santa's Christmas Village
DSC03130.jpg

There was a bit of a queue and it seemed that Santa was taking a while with each child, Hannah was getting restless and didnt want to see Santa anymore, she wanted to play in the toy story area again.
So we decided to go...

After we went for lunch, we headed back to the village and ate in Anettes Diner.
*Pic of Anettes Diner
DSC03148.jpg

Hannah was alseep so we decided to let her eat later on.
We ordered 1 beef hotdog & chips and 1 steak & onion bagette with melted cheese on top with chips.
We shared our meal so we had a taste of both. The food was delicious!
I ordered a vanilla milkshake which very nice.

*Me and my milkshake
DSC03153.jpg

We then decided to go to Discoveryland for a bit.. and we got a fast pass for Star Tours and decided to do a baby swap.
While we were waiting for our fastpass time, we decided to go into Honey I shrunk the Audience as there was no queue.
It was good and we all enjoyed it, but it was annoying that u could hear the french version through the earphones, they should make everyone wear earphones and choose their language, because although we wore our earphones and selected english we could hear the french version really loudly which spoiled it.

After this we went on Star Tours, i went first. It was very good and i enjoyed it.
After my ride, i came back round to take hannah so hubby could go on.
I told him that i would be in Pizza Planet giving Hannah lunch as she had not eaten yet, so he would meet us there when he finished his turn on star tours.
Hannah was excited to be in Pizza Planet, and she had a pic on the car

*Toy Story Car
009.jpg

When we got in, i couldnt get her away from the TV... she was glued to it.
I finally dragged her away and got her a mickey pizza, chips and drink and i found a seat next to a TV to keep her happy.

*She enjoyed her pizza
011.jpg

013.jpg

When Hubby came back we let Hannah play in the play area for half an hour and she had lots of fun.

When we came out, we decided to take her onto the Buzz ride seeing that she was in Toy Story Spirit.
The queue wasnt too bad, probably waited around 25mins.
Well she really enjoyed this ride and asked to go on again, but we told her she could another day as we had to make a move to our Wild West Show that we had booked for 6pm and it said to be there for 5 ish.

So we didnt watch any parades today and went to the Wild West Show.
We waited in a little queue in the Wild West, gave our tickets and got our hats (we were blue team) it was a really nice Wild West atmosphere, everyone wearing cowboy hats and there was a bar and country music playing.

*Hannah in her cowboy hat.
042.jpg

We went to the loo and then decided to look in the gift shop.. then they started to play loud music and a live county band came on a little stage, then he got some people from the audience to come up and sing, it was great fun.
After about 40mins it was time to go into the arena place and we were shown to our seats.
Because Hannah wasnt quite 3yrs old, we didnt have to pay for her, but what we didnt realsie is that this meant that she didnt have a seat and had to sit on our lap and share our food.
So we were very squashed and not comfortable, so we asked if we could move places.
The guy was really nice and moved us to another place and he gave Hannah her own seat and even brought her dinner over, with pudding etc.. so i was very happy about that hehehe!

Us sat in our seats before we moved
044.jpg

The show was very good, they got us all banging on our tables and shouting and waving our hats, it was a fab atmosphere.
The food was ok, nothing brilliant but we didnt eat everything as we had eaten in Anettes for Lunch so wasnt that hungry.
We had a pork free meal, with Roast chicken, kebab, potatoe wedges, corn on cob... Chilli for starters with bread.. and apple pie and ice cream for dessert, Hannah had the same but had a ice lolly for dessert.
There was re-fills of drink.. coke or beer.. and coffee and a chocolate coin for the end.
We took colouring with us for Hannah to do incase she got bored.

The show was brilliant, definately worth seeing!

After the show we decided to look around the Disney Village and go shopping.
We took Hannah to spend her Birthday money and we got some nice things too.

Hannah got:

*Dancing Princess Arora with a spinning light up dress
*Pack of large squeezy Disney toys for bath with Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Goofy & Donald
*Minnie & Mickey Ear muffs
*A dancing musical Cinderella (a ornament for her room)
*Minnie Spoon & Fork
*Disney dinner mat
*Buzz cup & buzz straw
*Buzz pen
*Buzz colouring pack & stickers
*Princess colouring pack & stickers
*Minnie lolly pop
*Mr potatoe head with fill the box with as much bits as u can fit 15euros
*Disney choc coins

We got:

*Keyring for ourselves and friends
*Pens
*Fridge magnet
*Snow globe with Minnie and Mickey
*Minnie lolly for me
*4 xmas tree decs, glass shape mickey with minnie and mickey inside
*Disney 2009 calender

As you can imagine it all cost a fortune!

*Pic of inside a shop in Main Street
160.jpg

We then went back to our hotel and Hannah played with her new things..
We all had showers ready for the next day :thumbsup2

fab second day!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know our spending will be bad - all xmas stuff..... for me lol

love ur pics, and ur report on the wild west made me think id like it - maybe next year when we plan that trip???? it sounds great!!

didnt sound that bad considerin u said it was busy - so thats good too!!! love the pics of the snow too - might even get some of it here this weekend lol

keep going.... loving it!!

Sounds like a great trip :) It's making me so excited to go over there!

Sorry to thread jack - but Scampbunny, can I ask what your name means? The reason I ask is that my rabbit is called Scampi......

Loving your TR!!

I want an Annettes Vanilla Milkshake now!! :sad1:

Bob xoxoxox

what another lovely day and what great photos :) I also really like your list of shopping, makes me wish I'd bought more than the one bauble !!! can't wait to hear some more x

Really enjoyed reading Day 2 :) Can't wait to read about Day 3 !!

Wednesday 12th November: Day 3

We decided to go straight to the Studios today as we had not been yet.
Park seemed to be very quiet today, hardly any queues for anything, which was brilliant.

We walked in and saw Mickey Mouse beside the entrance next to his festive car.
105.jpg

We walked inside the Studio's and had a quick look inside the big shop in the Studio's, Hannah saw a big Sully cuddly toy that she wanted, but i told her that she had spend all her birthday money and we could get it maybe on our next holiday... it was 23Euros!!
Inside, next to the shop:
020.jpg

We walked into studios and took lots of photo's...
133.jpg

019.jpg

037.jpg

we decided to watch the Animagic Show today, along with the stunt show, so we got the times of the shows and planned other activities around it.

We went on on the CAR's ride first, we walked straight on!
140.jpg

142.jpg

We then went on the Tram Tour
097.jpg

After the Tram Tour, hubby made a deal and said if the queue is 5 mins or less for Tower of terror then he will go on it :scared1:
Well we both knew that the queue would be longer than 5mins wait as its such a popular ride!
But guess what! We walked passed it and it said...................... 5mins :lmao:
So off hubby went, and i was laughing so much! We are both not fans of big rides, we can just about manage the tea cups!
143.jpg

Well hubby was green when he came off :sick: and he said he is glad he went on it to try it, but never again!

We then went to the Stunt show, which hubby enjoyed, i enjoyed it too, they did some brilliant stunts and it was very clever.
Hannah got a bit bored so ended up doing her own signitures in her character autograph book hahahaha!
We are glad we saw it, but it wasnt worth seeing again, now that we have seen it.

We took Hannah back inside and got her some nuggets and chips as she was hungry, then we went to get some lunch in Planet Hollywood.
It was working well eating our main meal at lunchtime.
We had Nacho's and LA style Lasagne each and got a nice 20% off thanks to a very kind DIS lady who sent me some vouchers

After our meal we then went to the Minnie and Daisy meet and greet..
The meet and greets were a bit of a nightmare, wewere the 1st people to wait there and then other people come along and do not queue! We stood in queue and then the guy comes along and says to make a queue here in another place so ever one pushes and instead of being 1st in queue, like we were we ending up about 8th!
But we eventually met Minnie and Daisy!
Daisy was funny because Hannah was wearing Minnie Hairclips so she pointed to them and stamped her foot with her hand on her hips hahahaha!
088.jpg

After i took Hannah to the toilets and changed her into her Princess Belle dress ready to go and dance with the characters in the Disney Hotel at 4pm
102.jpg

We arrived 30mins before and enjoyed looking around the DLH, it was beautiful.. Hannah had some photos next to the gorgeous Christmas tree.
119.jpg

117.jpg

The music started and Eeyore did a funny belly wiggle down the staires and along game Donald and the duck from Ducktales is it?
Hannah held hands with ducktales character and the dancing was fun...
Great character interaction and good fun, also nice way to meet characters without queues.
118.jpg

115.jpg

114.jpg

Hannah and Donald..
109.jpg

After the DLH character dance we decided to miss the parades again and go into the Studios to go on some rides...
So we went on magic carpet ride and also went to see the 5pm show of Animagic which was absolutely amazing! Definately worth seeing if not once then twice if you can.
Hannah loved this show, it was very clever and very pretty.
Unfortunately nobody was allowed to take photos of the show, but we all really enjoyed it.

After the show we had a wonder around the Studios and Hannah wanted to go on CAR's ride again, and we walked straight on without any queue's

We then left the studios and went for a walk around the village and decided to walk near the balloon ride, and hotel New York... we were hoping to see people skating, but it was empty.
We went inside Hotel New York and looked in the shop there... Then walked around the river and was tempted to go on the balloon but it would cost 24 euros so decided not too as it was alot of money.

When we got back to the Hotel, we realised that Hannah had lost her princess belle crown to match her dress... she was soooo upset!
I was upset too cus it wasnt sold seperately, to get it again, we would have to buy the whole dress again :sad2:

But over all we had a super day exploring the studio's and it was a relaxed day and not busy at all :thumbsup2

Sorry to thread jack - but Scampbunny, can I ask what your name means? The reason I ask is that my rabbit is called Scampi......

to reply - i had a rabbit name scampi too lmao he was my 1st pet and died.... 8 yrs ago this month - he was a brown agouti lop eared....

sara - excellent 3rd day - liking the walk on of the rides - def think startin a day in studios is a good plan like we mentioned on facebook - *** i wanna see mickey with that fab outfit on!!! and am also wondering if my stomach cud cope with tot!!!

to reply - i had a rabbit name scampi too lmao he was my 1st pet and died.... 8 yrs ago this month - he was a brown agouti lop eared....

sara - excellent 3rd day - liking the walk on of the rides - def think startin a day in studios is a good plan like we mentioned on facebook - *** i wanna see mickey with that fab outfit on!!! and am also wondering if my stomach cud cope with tot!!!

Thursday was our favourite day, parks almost empty, we got sooo much done on thurday... cant wait to write Day 4 :thumbsup2

This is so exciting to read. It's like reading a great novel - can't wait to turn the page. Looking forward to day 4. x:worship: :worship:

Great trip report. Lovel the photos your DD looks like she enjoyed herself. I look forward to day 4:goodvibes

Thursday 13th November: Day 4.... our best day at DLP

We got to the park just before 10am and we were allowed in.
On the way down Main St we bumped into Mickey in his car

066.jpg

We took some photos in Main St
070.jpg

073.jpg

Hubby bought me a bunch of balloons..............
074.jpg

Only joking! :rotfl2:

153.jpg

We went straight to Discoveryland.... went on Buzz twice as this was Hannah's favourite ride.
There was no queue for any ride today, it was amazing!

The weather was really nice, cold but sunny and bright, we had been very lucky with the weather all week, it had been cold but hardly rained, it rained a couple of times but only very lightly and stopped.

We decided to go on IASW, on our way we bumped into Cinderella
069.jpg

There was a few characters and we saw Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum too
169.jpg

And we saw those naughty Monkey's again!
One sat in Hannah's buggy which was really funny and Hannah sat on his lap
171.jpg

We walked onto IASW, theres no wait at all, it was amazing!
181.jpg

We then went on the Dumbo ride and only waited 15mins
240.jpg

We did Peter Pan again, which was fab!

We also did the Merry go round ... horse ride! (cant remember name) there was no queue, we went straight on!

We watched the Princess dancing and singing next to castle, near where the sword in the stone is....
194.jpg

We went into a few shops to look around and then went to watch Mickeys Winter Wonderland Show, which was AMAZING!
Such a lovely show, Hannah adored this show and through the show some characters come off stage to dance near audience, Pluto and Chip & Dale come down, he danced with Hannah which was nice.
The show was brilliant, so was the songs and the stage looked stunning!

206-1.jpg

208.jpg

224.jpg

230.jpg

233.jpg

We decided that we were definately coming back to watch this show again tomorrow on our last day, as it was brilliant!

We decided to go for our lunch and headed to Anettes again, this was our favourite resturant, the food was delicious.
Hannah ordered a kids meal and got a free frisbee and me and hubby both had a steak and cheese bagette again, with a vanilla milkshake.
It was a lovely meal.

We headed into the Studios to do some meet and greets and saw Hannah's favourite ''Sully''

134.jpg

090.jpg

093.jpg

Daisy
138.jpg

We then decided to explore the Studios some more and we went on Armagedon with Hannah..
It was good and guess what... the loud noices and the hot fire didnt scare Hannah!

We took some pics around the studios

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

033.jpg

to be continued as im getting a bit tierd.... will continue day 4 tomorrow hopefully :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter