~Our August Honeymoon..a whole new World for 2 WDW Veterans~ DONE

*Continued from previous*

With FP’s in hand, we decided to do the Carousel of Progress. If you read one of my earlier TR’s, then you remember the trip where we did CoP so many times!! I think we overdid it that trip because the next few trips, we skipped it. Because it was still cloudy and rainy, there was actually a line to get in!

Honeymoon653_zps5cc898f5.jpg

Honeymoon654_zps320a1d48.jpg

Honeymoon656_zps6a18e0b4.jpg

Honeymoon655_zpsf2f13797.jpg

The CM who came in the room to welcome everyone and remind us all to remain seated saw our Honeymoon buttons and made us stand up so everyone could clap for us. I did my best princess wave and laughed. Unfortunately, the fun stopped there. We ended up being stuck in one scene for three rounds! It was funny after the first time and got less entertaining after that. By the third time, we were all saying the lines out loud and pretending to be surprised and pretending to laugh at the corny jokes. We all clapped once we finally moved to the next scene.

After we finally made it back out to Tomorrowland, we were getting hungry. It was time for us to finally try something new to us—Casey’s for hot dogs! I know, how could this be our first time?! We just never had taken the time to actually eat there, so we made sure we got there on this trip.

Honeymoon657_zps7752bb71.jpg

Honeymoon658_zps8943900b.jpg

Honeymoon659_zpsc36f0945.jpg

Honeymoon660_zps69d9c4fe.jpg

It was so cute in there! It really made me want to be at a baseball game! We decided to share a Chicago style hot dog with onions, sauerkraut, and mustard. We also shared fries with malt and vinegar and cracker jacks. All the tables were taken outside, so we headed over to the tables down towards the water by the Castle—across from the Plaza restaurant.

Honeymoon661_zps07e98e8a.jpg

Honeymoon662_zpsf4f69f87.jpg

Honeymoon663_zps77304b61.jpg

Honeymoon664_zps4b500cef.jpg

Honeymoon665_zps9a787c9b.jpg

One of my favorite “secrets”:

Honeymoon666_zps977ab11c.jpg

It was such a relaxing lunch. We took our time eating and enjoying the sights and sounds of the MK. I did not want to leave!

Up next: More at the MK

And thanks to everyone else for their warm wishes! We are very excited. Our next appointment is the 20th!

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon trip with us all. DH and I went on our Disneymoon 8+ years ago and it was such a special trip for me. I'm remembering a lot of the little details of our trip through yours.

Day 6 – August 18, 2012

Our last day. Boo.

Yes, boo for leaving.

We woke up around 7:50 and saw that it had rained in the night. Even though it was our last day, I was excited because this was our Kona morning! Our ADR was at 9, so it was nice to just walk to the Great Ceremonial House and already be there.

Isn't that nice? Staying at Beach Club most of this trip and have a Cape May breakfast planned. It will be nice just to get up and walk to the lobby for the ADR. ::yes::

While we waited, we sat on our balcony and said a sad goodbye to our friends.

Honeymoon634_zps48a21fcf.jpg

They do not want you to leave, either.

Hearing the “monorail guy” just made me sad that we were leaving.

I like the old monorail guy, but I noticed on our last trip there was a new voice on some of the monorail rides.

Totally unhealthy - but the BBQ Slaw Dog intrigues me. Might have to share that with someone one of these days. I have to find out about the slaw, though. I like a mayo base and not a vinegar base, so we shall see. :)

And thanks to everyone else for their warm wishes! We are very excited. Our next appointment is the 20th!

I will get your next baby news in Disney World. :wizard:

What a perfect lunch time view :lovestruc! I love CoP, but seeing one scene more than once would have done me in, too!

Love your trip report, it's nice too see that being on the deluxe dining plan can be enjoyable :)
and I couldn't help but notice from other comments, Congratulations! x

I've never been to Casey's either :blush: I don't think you mentioned it, but how were the dogs there?? It looks SOOOO good. We just went to Sonic Burger the other day where they had new hot dogs including the New York style and Chicago style hot dogs. I got the New York which had grilled onions and sauerkraut and it was very good!

Boo to last days. :sad:

Our wedding was August 11, 2012. We were lucky to even have a DIS member as a part of the wedding! xoktenox and I have become best friends, so it was natural to ask her to be a bridesmaid. Her husband (then fiancé) was one of our ushers. The next day, we did gift opening, then hit the road! We stayed overnight in Chattanooga, TN, so our first real day at WDW was August 13th.

Dates of the trip: August 13th to 19th 2012

Where we stayed: The Polynesian!

The COOLEST people were married on August 11, 2012! Wink, Wink! And we were in WDW August 13-15 and 19-23!

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon trip with us all. DH and I went on our Disneymoon 8+ years ago and it was such a special trip for me. I'm remembering a lot of the little details of our trip through yours.

I'm glad you're enjoying the TR!

Isn't that nice? Staying at Beach Club most of this trip and have a Cape May breakfast planned. It will be nice just to get up and walk to the lobby for the ADR. ::yes::

I will get your next baby news in Disney World. :wizard:

That will be great. I can't wait to see all your BC pictures. DH and I want to stay there some day. It is our "home" resort that we own for DVC.

What a perfect lunch time view :lovestruc! I love CoP, but seeing one scene more than once would have done me in, too!

It was a great lunch view!

Love your trip report, it's nice too see that being on the deluxe dining plan can be enjoyable :)
and I couldn't help but notice from other comments, Congratulations! x

Thanks! We loved being on the DDP.

I've never been to Casey's either :blush: I don't think you mentioned it, but how were the dogs there?? It looks SOOOO good. We just went to Sonic Burger the other day where they had new hot dogs including the New York style and Chicago style hot dogs. I got the New York which had grilled onions and sauerkraut and it was very good!

Boo to last days. :sad:

Casey's was delicious! We will be going back there!

The COOLEST people were married on August 11, 2012! Wink, Wink! And we were in WDW August 13-15 and 19-23!

Hey that's awesome!

Hey there Tink!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Can you tell how excited I am to find this TR? I have been off the boards since before Christmas, and since I am sick right now I decided it was a good time to jump back in. I was reading someone else's TR, and I saw your new link on a response you left.

Sorry, I haven't read a word of your TR yet, but I didn't want to wait to get caught up before saying his and to tell you that I can't wait to read about your Honeymoon. So happy for you about your wedding. :cool1: I will write more once I've read some of your updates.

That will be great. I can't wait to see all your BC pictures. DH and I want to stay there some day. It is our "home" resort that we own for DVC.

I will be there tomorrow! :beach: It looks like my first Beach Club pictures may be of rain falling down on it. :upsidedow Still, I will be very happy to be there! :cool1:

Hey there Tink!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Can you tell how excited I am to find this TR? I have been off the boards since before Christmas, and since I am sick right now I decided it was a good time to jump back in. I was reading someone else's TR, and I saw your new link on a response you left.

Sorry, I haven't read a word of your TR yet, but I didn't want to wait to get caught up before saying his and to tell you that I can't wait to read about your Honeymoon. So happy for you about your wedding. :cool1: I will write more once I've read some of your updates.

Hi!!! Well, I hope you enjoy the TR! And read the exciting news about our baby! And we are taking Little Guy back to WDW in May! :cool1:

Day 6 – August 18, 2012 continued

*Personal update: Last Wednesday, we had another baby doctor appointment. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was such an amazing moment. I will already be in 2nd trimester in 2 weeks! And for anyone interested- I will be doing a May TR once we get home. I will also include monthly belly pictures!*

Okay, back to the TR! We left off finishing up our very first lunch at Casey’s. We loved it and will definitely be back! When we were done, we decided to go get fast passes for BTMRR. The Castle show was going on, so I tried to get a shot of it as we left the area.

Honeymoon667_zps07ec6080.jpg

While we were walking through Liberty Square, we decided to make a quick stop at one of the little things we enjoy:

Honeymoon668_zps9cbeb284.jpg

Honeymoon669_zpsa612987d.jpg

And I love the lanterns in the tree for each of the original colonies:

Honeymoon670_zpsd3fadabb.jpg

We made it back to the Splash/BTMRR area and got our FP’s. We decided to stop and watch some people coming down the big drop on Splash Mountain. It was fun to see their reactions!

Honeymoon671_zps44c0ae65.jpg

A “Daddy-Long Legs” was thirsty:

Honeymoon672_zpsa1532c93.jpg

And this little guy was just hanging out in the water:

Honeymoon673_zps1b46a0c7.jpg

After a few rounds, we decided to head to one of my favorite attractions at the MK: the train!

Honeymoon674_zpseb3452ee.jpg

Honeymoon675_zps3b5d3cb1.jpg

Honeymoon676_zps656b1616.jpg

Honeymoon678_zpsb4d8db94.jpg

Honeymoon679_zps36fd522f.jpg

Honeymoon680_zpse1d6ebd4.jpg

Honeymoon681_zpsbacf7e84.jpg

Right about now is when I start singing along with Pocahontas!

Honeymoon682_zps29723b94.jpg

Made it to Fantasyland!

Honeymoon683_zpse771bfd5.jpg

Honeymoon684_zps3a7e1c8b.jpg

We stopped along the walkway to Tomorrowland to watch the train leave the station.

Honeymoon686_zpsfda8aafd.jpg

Honeymoon685_zps45d45767.jpg

Then, on to Tomorrowland we went to use our Space Mountain FP’s!

Honeymoon687_zps44715e85.jpg

There was actually a FP line!

After that, we headed to another favorite:

Honeymoon688_zpsb24d8ed1.jpg

Honeymoon689_zpse71696b0.jpg

Honeymoon690_zps82d71b14.jpg

Honeymoon691_zps75c27cd0.jpg

While we were on that, I got sad again. Why did our trip have to go by so fast?!

Up next: The last of our MK day and a great night at the Poly

Just read and loved the pics and report.

Congrats on the baby.

Looking forward to more.

The ending is so sad. :sad1:

Okay where the heck have I been! I've never seen those lanterns in the tree and that's pretty cool that it represents each original colony:thumbsup2

I love watching peoples reactions when they come off the drop of Splash.

So sad this TR's coming to an end. But super excited to read about your next trip and to hear about your pregnancy progress :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter