OT: Alright girls, I need your help!

We only have 1 Hallmark store and I checked it and Books-A-Million the other day. I went to Walgreens today because they have Hallmark ornaments, but they only had a Hannah Montana one and a car one.

What you could do for this year is the two of you make an ornament together. I make an ornament for DS every year. I used to always cross stitch him one, but last year and this year I used my Cricut. This year I used a plain wood circle ornament from JoAnn's, painted it and then cut little tiny pieces from Life's a Beach and made a beach scene. This represented his scout summer trip to SeaBase in the Keys in July.

That's a great idea Stephanie. We made 3 dozen of the glitter ornaments this year. Maybe I'll pull a favorite out and see if we can get the year on one of them. That will be our special one.

On a side note...She didn't even notice it wasn't there. She had an incredible Christmas (as always). We are very lucky to have very generous families.

I will keep looking though. My AR side will not let me rest if her "collection" is not complete. ;)

I checked in 3 Hallmark stores today in NJ and PA and didn't see it. I'm sorry you haven't found it yet. Don't give up tho. I actually had a year where I could only find 1 daughter ornament when I needed 2 (had one for one of my daughters and had ornaments for the boys ... wonder if I would have started this son/daughter ornament every year if I knew I was going to have 5 kids?), one of my coworkers found a store that still had the display up and they sold it to her (every year one of my kids asks why that ornament doesn't have a Hallmark box. I've learned to grab those ornaments early in the season now.

I would have bought a display one if one had been available! I'm still hopeful that I can get one for a reasonable price on eBay later in January/February.

I do appreciate so much that everyone has been looking for it. What a story it will (would) make if one of you does find it!

I wish I had seen this post earlier this week. I saw the ornament at one of our local hallmarks. I plan on going to one tomorrow. I will check and see if they have one. The hallmarks cut back on ordering as many ornaments this year. They ran out early on a lot of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter