Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I've done 3 even last year. That was maybe a little much, the third night was a total "stop and smell the roses" thing. I actually ate during the third party, that is completely unheard of. :rotfl2: But I am a character person and had a lot of catching up to do, I definitely don't regret it.

I got lots of stuff done that I would have missed out on. Finally met Megara after all those years (her line was already closed first party, she only came out late when we had already left the area), caught Merlin who wasn't out the first night, and my friends swear I positively melted when I got the chance to chat with Scarlet Witch for a while and she actually remembered even my name from last time I visited. I had a Wizard Duel with Madame Mim and became her new best friend. For me that was heaven.

Definitely planning on at least 2 again this year.
I LOVE those types of character interactions! We visited with the wicked stepsisters and then came back the next party and they recognized us. It was a hilarious and fun interaction. Definitely adds to the magic.

I have to get up at Midnight here in Australia, so hoping that the que isn't too long. UGH not looking forward to a full day of work that day :(

Trying for party tickets as our 1st day. We fly in about noon. Plan is to be in the park at 3pm. The priority for that night is Monsters After Dark and the party offerings.

Question: my DD is wanting to go as Rey. Fine. She will have pants and a shirt with the other stuff added onto it. I know that she can’t wear her “costume” to Disneyland. However is there a chance we could take it with us on our Disneyland day and after she makes her lightsaber at Savi’s put her “costume” on over her clothes for pictures in front of the Millennium Falcon?

Trying for party tickets as our 1st day. We fly in about noon. Plan is to be in the park at 3pm. The priority for that night is Monsters After Dark and the party offerings.

Question: my DD is wanting to go as Rey. Fine. She will have pants and a shirt with the other stuff added onto it. I know that she can’t wear her “costume” to Disneyland. However is there a chance we could take it with us on our Disneyland day and after she makes her lightsaber at Savi’s put her “costume” on over her clothes for pictures in front of the Millennium Falcon?
How old is your daughter? I believe kids under 14 can wear costumes in the park no problem. Even if she is over 14, people Disneybound all the time so there may be no issue with her going on a regular/non-OBB day as Rey.

These types of outfits are considered permitted:

1687484918533.png

Last edited:
Thanks! She is older than 14 but your pictures give me ideas. I could always make a “bounding” outfit for pictures when I am making the OBB costume.

I am booked for a Disneyland Hotel stay October 21-25. Our top priority the Oogie Boogie Bash. I have my reservation made with Dreams Unlimited. Would you join the cue yourself?? I'm a teacher home on summer vacation, so I can be here all day. Or would you have your travel agent do it for you?

Ok guys, can you prepare me for the pre-sale so I don't mess myself up?

I'm an annual pass member so I'm going to jump on the sale tomorrow. I'm attending a party and have a few coworkers that are going with me, they are NOT AP holders.

Assuming the max tickets are under the limit for the purchase (whatever that might be), does anyone know if I'm able to purchase all of them at once using my early access ability and then give the tickets to the rest of my party?

What if it asks for names for these tickets? Can I just put my name down for every ticket? (We're 80% locked on who's going but I would rather NOT screw someone over because I listed a name and they bail but the other person comes etc).

Will these be locked to my account? Can I print them out or screen shot the ticket or something so they can scan in WITHOUT me being at the front gate with them? (I'll be in the park all day, they're just showing up for the party). What if I have to cancel, can they still use their tickets if I'm a no show?

Ok guys, can you prepare me for the pre-sale so I don't mess myself up?

I'm an annual pass member so I'm going to jump on the sale tomorrow. I'm attending a party and have a few coworkers that are going with me, they are NOT AP holders.

Assuming the max tickets are under the limit for the purchase (whatever that might be), does anyone know if I'm able to purchase all of them at once using my early access ability and then give the tickets to the rest of my party?

What if it asks for names for these tickets? Can I just put my name down for every ticket? (We're 80% locked on who's going but I would rather NOT screw someone over because I listed a name and they bail but the other person comes etc).

Will these be locked to my account? Can I print them out or screen shot the ticket or something so they can scan in WITHOUT me being at the front gate with them? (I'll be in the park all day, they're just showing up for the party). What if I have to cancel, can they still use their tickets if I'm a no show?

What's the definition of "a few"? ;) You can buy more than one ticket, but if a "few" means 12 or so you are asking for trouble.

Last time the system did ask for names, but I really never tried adding my name for all tickets. The tickets are non-transferable and can't be sold on according to TOS unless I overlooked a change. They can only be gifted to someone else.

You simply add the number of the Bash ticket to the app and it will work without you being present. My friend ran in last year long after I went in line for the Sandersons.

What's the definition of "a few"? ;) You can buy more than one ticket, but if a "few" means 12 or so you are asking for trouble.

Last time the system did ask for names, but I really never tried adding my name for all tickets. The tickets are non-transferable and can't be sold on according to TOS unless I overlooked a change. They can only be gifted to someone else.

You simply add the number of the Bash ticket to the app and it will work without you being present. My friend ran in last year long after I went in line for the Sandersons.
Hoping to get a final headcount tonight but I think it’ll be 4-6 counting myself.

I’m fine not selling them, I just want to make sure my coworkers can use them in case I have to bail out of this trip due to family medical stuff. Crossing my fingers though.

I think I know all their names, except for my coworkers girlfriend… don’t know her last name. I really hate how you have to put names on these tickets….

I’m a little confused on the last bit about adding the number of tickets to the app and it’ll work without me being there… how exactly would they each show their tickets?

Can I email them a pdf of the ticket so they can print a hard copy? Or can they each add it to their apps?

Also... is there a way they can actually have possession of their tickets? pdf, email copy, or linked in their Disney apps... just in case between now and then I'm in a coma or something, I want them to be able to show up and go. :P

Last edited:
I have not purchased tickets directly from Disney before. I usually get our tickets from GAT. How do these work? I log into my account and purchase them? Do they show up on my account? Do they give you hard tickets at the party?

I have not purchased tickets directly from Disney before. I usually get our tickets from GAT. How do these work? I log into my account and purchase them? Do they show up on my account? Do they give you hard tickets at the party?

You have to be logged in to your Disney account and the tickets show up in your app/account. You show the digital tix at the gate and they put wristbands on you. Then they block off sections and start kicking out anybody without wristbands around 6pm.

So excited to try and buy tickets for our first OBB. We have our Welcome Home stay at the Disneyland Villas timed for October for our kid's Nevada day school break and OBB is going to be the highlight of our trip (besides staying at the new tower).

Sadly I'll be at work and in meetings for a good chunk of the AM tomorrow around 9 PST. If I log in a few hours later when my calendar opens up will I still have a good chance at getting tickets for 4 people? We are magic key holders.

Hoping to get a final headcount tonight but I think it’ll be 4-6 counting myself.

I’m fine not selling them, I just want to make sure my coworkers can use them in case I have to bail out of this trip due to family medical stuff. Crossing my fingers though.

I think I know all their names, except for my coworkers girlfriend… don’t know her last name. I really hate how you have to put names on these tickets….

I’m a little confused on the last bit about adding the number of tickets to the app and it’ll work without me being there… how exactly would they each show their tickets?

Can I email them a pdf of the ticket so they can print a hard copy? Or can they each add it to their apps?

There will be a ticket number they can add to their own account. It's not tied to the account that purchased it.

There will be a ticket number they can add to their own account. It's not tied to the account that purchased it.
Sweet! That was my largest worry, being “responsible” for those tickets. I’ve had to cancel a trip pretty late in the game before and had other people still go… I like them being able to have a digital copy of it or having it show up in their account or something in case something happens.

Seriously hoping this year is flawless for me though! I really missed last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter