Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Same as last year. More than an hour on all. I'm not sure why I always do this to myself. I was able to get my tickets last year at 5pm with no line. I just can't help but get caught up in the excitement.

And here's lil ol' me with one queue open. Just one. I'm not sure what the purpose of multiple queues open at once (Honest question, not snark). I'm one person. Going one night. Not sure I need queues open in tabs all over the place.

And here's lil ol' me with one queue open. Just one. I'm not sure what the purpose of multiple queues open at once (Honest question, not snark). I'm one person. Going one night. Not sure I need queues open in tabs all over the place.
More chances on the virtual Q, different wait times are possible… also kind of back up plan in case the window closes

More chances on the virtual Q, different wait times are possible

Is that proven or just speculation? Feels like it would just slow down the queue for everyone else. (Again, genuinely curious if this works or if it's just everyone panicking a little. LOL.)

Multiple reasons (this is not a comprehensive list):
You get placed into the queue randomly from the waiting room. Multiple queues gives you statistically a better chance at a better spot in line.

Queues can fail. If there's any glitch, you're out of luck if you only had one queue.

Generosity. When people get their tickets, they used to give away their queue space to someone else. I actually saved several people during Touch of Disney ticket sales back in 2021 because of a glitch that knocked out several people who were then told they had to just get back in line. I gave them my extra queues.

Is that proven or just speculation? Feels like it would just slow down the queue for everyone else. (Again, genuinely curious if this works or if it's just everyone panicking a little. LOL.)

It worked for last year's Bash and the other After Dark Events I bought for. It has to be different devices though, also not in the same Wifi. Then the Queue ID will carry over.

It worked for last year's Bash and the other After Dark Events I bought for. It has to be different devices though, also not in the same Wifi. Then the Queue ID will carry over.
Multiple reasons (this is not a comprehensive list):
You get placed into the queue randomly from the waiting room. Multiple queues gives you statistically a better chance at a better spot in line.

Queues can fail. If there's any glitch, you're out of luck if you only had one queue.

Generosity. When people get their tickets, they used to give away their queue space to someone else. I actually saved several people during Touch of Disney ticket sales back in 2021 because of a glitch that knocked out several people who were then told they had to just get back in line. I gave them my extra queues.

Appreciate the responses! I've only ever queued for MK sales back in November. This is my first time being able to go to an After Dark.

To up the odds of getting in. It's how I've managed to get into every rundisney event, moonlight magic, etc.

Proven. I'm looking at 48 min, 55 min and 2 over an hour.

Same wifi does not carry over the Queue ID. The carry over has to do with cookies which will be different between browsers (regular and incognito) and devices. Clear cookies and you'd get a whole new Queue ID.

Same wifi does not carry over the Queue ID. The carry over has to do with cookies which will be different between browsers (regular and incognito) and devices. Clear cookies and you'd get a whole new Queue ID.

That's how it works at Soda Fountain with the pin releases. lol Last year I had the 2 queues going simultaneously and only the phone not in Wifi was different, so I figured was the same thing here.

That's how it works at Soda Fountain with the pin releases. lol Last year I had the 2 queues going simultaneously and only the phone not in Wifi was different, so I figured was the same thing here.

It's all about the cookies. If it's a digital queue for those pin releases then it's the same thing there as well. Not IP either. It would be a totally flawed system to try to use wifi or IP to monitor who has joined a queue.

I'm on a plane trying to get tickets and of course all my private windows are over an hour. This sucks! Hope I don't lose the connection.

It's all about the cookies. If it's a digital queue for those pin releases then it's the same thing there as well. Not IP either. It would be a totally flawed system to try to use wifi or IP to monitor who has joined a queue.
Messed up is the perfect way to describe the Soda Fountain thing. You hit the nail on the head there. lol

So this is annoying, one of my friends has tickets for 2 nights. The tickets in my app don't show which date they are for.

And I'm on to my next quest at 10am of tickets for a certain show on 8/7, if you know you know lol

Messed up is the perfect way to describe the Soda Fountain thing. You hit the nail on the head there. lol

I looked it up. It's definitely cookie based from what was described by people who joined those queues.

If Disney would stop hindering Queue It and just let it work at least like Build a Bear uses it, it would function so much better 🫠. There's a number of functions they've removed since early on (like being able to request to receive an email notification when it's almost your turn).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter