• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On a lighter note. anyone else really missing their hairdresser by now?

I had an appt this week which got cancelled when all non-life sustaining businesses were shut down. I will be trimming my own bangs soon also! My stylist hates when I do that, oh well.
My hairdresser had shoulder surgery a couple years ago and I opted to trim my own. Ugh. I really hoped to not have to deal with that again. It was annoying enough when life was normal. Now it might just push me over the edge.

I haven't gone to get my hair done in a long time because for the last few years, I've grown it out to donate. I trim my bangs myself, though I've been considering growing them out this time. With that being said, I will say, I miss my eyebrow lady dearly. I can try to do my eyebrows at home but they are never quite as good as when she does it.

I am really wishing I had gotten a pedicure before this. My toes look awful. But I will live.

I got the dog in for his vaccines early (due this week) and a nail trim. He is good for 4-6 weeks. Then he will be sliding around on the the kitchen floor.

I was so glad my hairdresser text'd to say I could come in as previous client left (I can get there in 15 minutes). When she was finished with me, she closed the shop. It was all just too stressful she said. I told her to cut and highlight more than usual if it has to last much longer than we planned. I was very grateful.
Poor DH couldn't get in his place and is in need. I offered to cut it and he looked quite terrified.

I got my hair cut and highlighted about a month ago, so I am ok there. But ask me in a month when it is time for new highlights. But no one is really seeing me (although I fear they may start asking us to use the video on our computers for work, and just no).

Nails on the other hand definitely are in need of a new mani/pedi. I only let my my pedicure lady cut my toenails as once I started having only her touch them, no more ingrown issues!I still need to work on getting my gel polish off, and I think I actually have something I can put on my nails in the meantime, but I have a bad feeling that they are not going to be ok long term without the trimming and cleaning that my manicurist does.

I went to my hairdresser on March 5th, but was nervous even then as he’d been to Europe. However he returned here on February 10th and was fine. My next appointment is April 16th, but doubt that they will be open then. I had him cut my hair a bit shorter, but I have really thick short hair, and it grows so fast. I told my DH he might have to cut it. I’ll look for YouTube videos, but I’ll be seeing my gray for sure. My hairdresser has always said he will never let me go gray, but I am curious how it will look. This is a small sacrifice to stay safe though.

My barber (aka men's hairdresser) is an Italian octogenarian and I pray he’s still there when we come out of this.

YES!! However, my "bright side" is that in May, I decided to donate my hair and I cut about 9 inches off, so I've been growing it out since then and I haven't cut it. My goal length is probably just below my chest, so I figure by the time this madness is over it'll get there! Currently a brunette with VERY outgrown blonde highlights, so next time I go I'm thinking of going auburn!

My last haircut was early January— my hair is longish so can be okay for a while, but the layers are starting to look not great. I might just be wearing ponytails for the time being! I highlight my own hair, not many greys yet at 45, so I should be okay with color... for now.

I'm shocked at how many people have bangs!
Same here! im a bit surprised as well.

I am really wishing I had gotten a pedicure before this. My toes look awful. But I will live.
Im so grateful that i got my nails off before everything shut down. I really feel for those chicks that have their biogel or acrylic nails still on. How do you even get those off yourself? :confused3
Im truly stressing about my hair color though. The roots dont bother me as much, its the grey hairs popping up everywhere! :scared::sad:

I trimmed my bangs myself a couple weeks ago, so I should be good for another couple weeks. I wish I would have been able to get a pedi before my salon closed. :( DH got a haircut a few days before everything started closing, so he should be ok for another few weeks, too.

Yes! They closed three days before my color appointment. I bought a box color yesterday....this should be interesting!

I will also trim the dogs soon....poor guys!

No, I’m ok. My grey roots don’t bother me too much. I have been using ponytail holders and hair clips. Surprisingly my boys ( in their 20s) are the ones who miss the barber.

Yesterday was home haircut day! I get my short, thick hair cut every 5 weeks and I was at 7.5. I couldn't stand it touching my face anymore. I used the fancy hair scissors from the boy's clipper set. It didn't turn out too badly!

Not missing mine at all, really. I think my hair is enjoying the break from heat styling. Wash and Go (Nowhere)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter