On a lighter note. anyone else really missing their hairdresser by now?

Yep, I was warning my son he was going to see my real hair color soon. He asked, 'What color is it?' I said, "Gray."
:P

Yes, our salons closed. I guess once my roots get too bad I'll be pulling it back to hid the part line.

On another note, this is the industry I feel the worst for in being hit. Where I go, each stylist owns their own chair. So I assume they can't get unemployment as owner and only employee. I have been going to the same lady for probably 7 years, once a month. I feel like I should reach out and tell her I want to give her what I would usually be spending on this months appointment to her. But on the other hand I don't want to offend her. I have seen a lot of small businesses pushing gift cards, while I realize that is getting you immediate cash flow I am not sure how longterm that would be in knowing that once they do open they could have weeks where everything is paid for with the gift cards. The stylist hasn't offered up the gift card thing.
Why don't you let her know that you appreciate her and are concerned. I'm willing to bet, whether she accepts or declines you kind gesture, she won't be offended.

I'll live; not going to sweat the small stuff. Probably in another week I will have to break out the headband I bought last week to keep the hair out of my eyes. Might as well start trying to grow my hair to one length. As far as gray goes, I have never colored my hair. I earned every one of those gray hairs. I am a basic sort of lady. No need for makeup, nail polish, etc... nor do I worry about crow's feet, laugh lines or wrinkles either. I'm good so long as I have toothpaste, soap, shampoo and deo.

My son is immunocompromised. We won't be leaving the house for months. Guess I'm no longer going to be a brunette.

I told DH to get a haircut, since I suspected the salons would close soon.
He didn't make time for it.....guess he will rock the Bradley Cooper look soon, lol!

I called my gal and asked her which box color to buy for myself. She was very helpful!
No way am I giving into the root outgrowth!

I went the week before my vacation (first week in March). Thank goodness! I was considering waiting, and didn't. Otherwise, I'd be in real trouble about now. Ask me again at the end of April/early May. I may be wearing hats as a fashion statement soon. Either that, or do a "self shave" for St. Baldricks and use that as my excuse for really, really short hair. LOL

I had Patty cut my hair, just a couple days before the world shut down. We were talking how we think this is over hyped and how we both were laughing at this episode of Fatal Valves on the Discovery ID Channel. Them days already seem like a distant memory.

I had an appointment all ready for this Tuesday. I only go every 3 months but it was overdue. I should've gone a few weeks earlier, but I waited so it would still be at its best for our spring break vacation. If only I would've made it sooner. :headache:

And I made it so long without going gray (45 years) but my time is up. They started to make their grand entrance about 6 months ago and it is really going to wreak havoc on my vanity. 😱 lol. Oh well, good thing is I won't be alone.

Well, this is one thing I don't have to worry about at least. I've never dyed my hair, I don't have bangs and I do my own trims. I can't even remember the last time I went in to get a haircut.

I let mine get pretty long prepping for our Hawaii trip (we were supposed to have gone last week) so I could pull it back after swimming. I'll be able to ignore it fairly easily. It's not like I'll be going anywhere. DH just switched to a very short cut, so I'll be able to buzz his with a trimmer. My dog was supposed to be groomed next week and is starting to shed like crazy (she's mostly a non-shedder.) I've already started wondering about dh's trimmer....

Last edited:
I am concerned about my nails growing out. I have an acrylic gel base with shellac nail polish. I have no idea how to manage letting these grow out. Can I file them or clip them? I think they are supposed to stay "sealed" and so I am unsure if i can jut start clipping them as they grow. Any advice?

I can go a few months without getting my hair cut. I will just trim my bangs. I have never had my hair colored at the salon, it is too expensive. I don't have any gray hair yet( I am almost 47 only) but sometimes I buy the temporary color that washes out gradually. Someluck, you can file your nails as they grow and you will know if they become unsealed. If they do, you will have to use the clippers to get them off. Sometimes they cooperate and just pop off neatly.

I have long(ish) hair and I don’t mind it getting longer. It’s the color I’m concerned about. My stylist does an amazing job with highlights/lowlights. I could never come close to doing what she does. My hair color is my one and only splurge. I’m scared of how I’m going to look if I do it myself. I have zero talent in that department, and no box color could compare to what she does.

I color my own and called Sally's, they are open tomorrow from 10-6 then that's it. We are in a shut down here in Ohio. I'll be making a run there to stock up on color.

I don't care so much about my hair right now, especially since we're self-isolating for two weeks. It doesn't look great when it gets too long but I do have a box of colour on hand, which I always do myself anyway.

One thing that IS a major problem though is my glasses. I badly scratched one of the lenses a few days ago and since I am practically disabled without them, I am hoping and praying there's an optician still open in this city tomorrow to replace them.

I had my hair cut last week and the dog groomed the week before thankfully, so we're good for a while. I have just a little gray and I cover/color it up with color-shampoo - lucky that way, I know! :goodvibes

I don’t dye so that’s good, but I have layers and I guess that’s gonna be a mess. The hardest hit will be my husband who likes his hair short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter