Ok, how much is 50lbs of luggage, really?

We flew in January and were very careful on the weight, as the 50# limit was just enforced. I never bothered weighing my luggage before so didn't have any idea if I was near to being over or under 50#. (And the large suitcases were 10# each EMPTY!)
Our main concern was going in January, we have to really pack the clothes since we wear winter and summer. And it's not just each way you get charged for overweight luggage -- it's for each leg. :eek:
We weighed and weighed. At the travel counter, all four checked pieces came to 88 pounds total. They didn't even weigh them separate. I suppose if the scales looked high they would have. (Northwest)
The downside -- We took a lot more carry on. The heavy stuff, and packed full. :rolleyes: But it was mostly pins. And with what I was reading about TSA, I felt more comfortable having the pins in my possession anyway.
Normally I try to bypass carry on altogether.
I probably carried the same luggage weight as usual. But I added one to two pieces of carry-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter