OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

So you're "very worried" because you don't have transportation confirmation for a trip that's 4+ months away?

Give it a week and email him back. There are LOTS of options if Tony doesn't work out for you.

Haha, I am well aware it is a few months away. But I am one of those people who like to do as much planning ahead of time as I can. One less thing to worry about.

My trip is in August and it took him a few days to email me back. I wouldn’t worry, you’ve got time yet!

Yes that's true. But...it's been 3 weeks since I emailed him. And 2 weeks since I followed up.

I guess part of my "worry" also comes from thinking.....if he is not responsive now....what if it gets closer to that time, and we have a flight change or something comes up....and I can't get a hold of him...I guess the worry comes from the lack of responsiveness and wondering if that is something to be concerned about down the road.

You posted his rate was $140 many months ago

If my figures are correct, think it was 7 months out ?
If you did not put money down in advance to him, you can book and use another company

It appears rates have increased to $160 now

Your trip is September this year you have time to find a different transportation provider if you are not agreeable to the $160 rate

Can I ask: what kind of cars does his service offer? We are going down August 14 and I'd love to surprise my little boy (he'll be 10 at the time) with a limo ride to the Beach Club Villas. Just a one way trip..... Thanks for any answers, Tony seems like a great guy.

I believe it has been 3 + years back that I had my ride with Art who works on Tony’s team and he had a limo

If you want a limo, put that request in when you make contact with Tony

I am not up to date on what type of vehicles they are driving now.

I have no idea what the cost is for a limo in case there is a difference in price

Can I ask: what kind of cars does his service offer? We are going down August 14 and I'd love to surprise my little boy (he'll be 10 at the time) with a limo ride to the Beach Club Villas. Just a one way trip..... Thanks for any answers, Tony seems like a great guy.

If you really want a limousine, be very specific when you tell him the type of vehicle that you want. Many people use the word "limo" to describe transportation between an airport and hotel in any type of vehicle.

You posted his rate was $140 many months ago

If my figures are correct, think it was 7 months out ?
If you did not put money down in advance to him, you can book and use another company

It appears rates have increased to $160 now

Your trip is September this year you have time to find a different transportation provider if you are not agreeable to the $160 rate

Not many months ago. It was last month.

And I contacted him on 4/1 to get booked and make a payment. And I haven't heard from him since. Not to be rude, but no I didn't put money down, but I tried to, to no response. I followed up a week later. I followed up again earlier this week.

It's less about the rate than...the combination of increasing rate and not being able to get booked.

When SW delayed their flight release, it was clearly so that they could wait to see what was happening with the fuel situation, and so that they could charge more. They didn't want to release flights and have the fuel costs rise and lose money, I get it. It just didn't sit very well with me. So...having been burned by Southwest, I'd hate to think that the no-response earlier in the month was because Tony had a planned price increase coming.

Like I said, it's not strictly the price increase. And, it isn't strictly the not being able to get a hold of him....it's just a combination of all factors that has me frustrated.

Not many months ago. It was last month.

And I contacted him on 4/1 to get booked and make a payment. And I haven't heard from him since. Not to be rude, but no I didn't put money down, but I tried to, to no response. I followed up a week later. I followed up again earlier this week.

It's less about the rate than...the combination of increasing rate and not being able to get booked.

When SW delayed their flight release, it was clearly so that they could wait to see what was happening with the fuel situation, and so that they could charge more. They didn't want to release flights and have the fuel costs rise and lose money, I get it. It just didn't sit very well with me. So...having been burned by Southwest, I'd hate to think that the no-response earlier in the month was because Tony had a planned price increase coming.

Like I said, it's not strictly the price increase. And, it isn't strictly the not being able to get a hold of him....it's just a combination of all factors that has me frustrated.
In your earlier post, you said you contacted him and gave him all the flight information. I don't remember if we always got a reply after sending this info to him. Have your checked your spam folder just in case the emails ended up there? I hate my email spam filter. It always sends important stuff there.

I booked with him for October and he sent a Google form to fill out with the info and on that email it said we would receive an invoice 48 hours before our trip to pay. I just booked last week.

Last year, there was a time period when Tony had raised his prices but if he quoted the lower price to you because you booked earlier, you paid the lower price. I know this because we booked close to the trip and other people going to same weekend paid less because they booked early.

Hopefully, you'll get a reply saying all is good with your booking.

Yes that is Tony’s

If you click on it, it gives a bit more info such as contact him if your group is 7 or more for your ride

Thanks. I wanted to book him, but this is an unexpected last minute trip and he is already booked at the times I need him. next time.

Anyone familiar with Tony, This looks like he has a website now. Did I find the right one?
https://thtransportservices.com/
Hooray! We were told in January that the website was coming - good to know it's here.

I did notice that the Contact Us email link in very small font to the left of the phone number in the very highest upper right corner of the home page has a typo in it - but clicking Contact Us below that brings me to the bottom of the home page, and the email address there is correct.

I believe the TH is a reference to his name
Tony Hinds and not a misprint.

That was my thought when I saw it.

I believe the TH is a reference to his name
Tony Hinds and not a misprint.

That was my thought when I saw it.
No, the error is in the email address that opens if you click that link at the very top. It’s addressed to “thtrasport” - the n is missing. The link at the bottom is correct.

do they meet you at baggage claim or do you need to text them to let them know you’re ready after you’ve gotten them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter