OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

I booked our flights and emailed Tony on Friday with the info. He didn’t mention paying ahead so I guess I’m grandfathered into paying cash on arrival since I booked him in January?

I just emailed Tony a little while ago asking for a price quote for a Sept trip i received an email back from within minutes with price and attached form to complete and return and note saying payment due 48 hrs. Prior to trip.

Do you think it would be possible to extend the stop to 30 minutes. We can't do curb side as we are from the UK and the website won't let us log in. 20 minutes would be a very quick trip to an unknown store layout and my nerves would be frayed!

That would be something you would discuss with Tony privately and the driver you are assigned

Do you think it would be possible to extend the stop to 30 minutes. We can't do curb side as we are from the UK and the website won't let us log in. 20 minutes would be a very quick trip to an unknown store layout and my nerves would be frayed!
Some grocery store websites let you search for an item, and the website will tell you which aisle the item will be located in. If Publix does that, it will help you organize your shopping list.

Unfortunately, being in the UK, it won't even let me enter the site.
Even when you use google?
Well maybe a poster that is reading this thread may have knowledge of how to connect with the info for Publix

Usually they are set up by same aisle in their stores

I could easily send you the aisle locations for Publix as I go there a lot

Unfortunately, being in the UK, it won't even let me enter the site.

Can you change your VPN to show you are in America? Then you can see all the websites that are usually inaccessable to us in Europe.

Someone very smart and very technical might be able to explain it better than I could, but it can be done.

I'll try a google search for a diagram of the aisles. That's a great idea. I can't change the VPN because it's a work computer and I don't have admin rights

I just reserved him this morning for a trip in June. On the Google form that he has you fill out to make the reservation, it says "Would you like a complimentary stop at the grocery store? If so, please pre-order and request in store or curbside pickup at the Publix located at 9930 Universal Blvd Orlando, FL 32819. If you must go inside the store, a 30 minute shopping trip is allowed, however, EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY MUST DISEMBARK THE VEHICLE DURING THE STOP."

Also, in the e-mail that included the reservation link, regarding payment, it says "You will receive an invoice via e-mail that will allow you to pay online. Payment must be made 48 hours prior to your arrival."

I booked our flights and emailed Tony on Friday with the info. He didn’t mention paying ahead so I guess I’m grandfathered into paying cash on arrival since I booked him in January?

You need to ask rather than assume

You need to ask rather than assume

I did go back and reread the initial emails. He said pay in cash at arrival or pay with card 48 hours ahead so I’m not going to ask. It looks like he’s updated his policies and procedures.

Last edited:
Hmmm….booked our transportation for a June 29 arrival last week with Tony and received our invoice a few hours later that is due June 27, 2 days prior to our arrival 🤷‍♀️

shellsbell, all 3 times we've used Tony we paid in full at pickup and in cash because he preferred that. We also tipped Tony and his drivers at each end of our trip. So I didn't take the payment thing personally just was surprised after reading this thread that it was due right away. I like it because our entire trip is paid for the Disney part, Tony and parking at the Providence airport.

The last time we were in Disney was 3 years ago in 2019 and with 2 days left on our trip we received a call that my wife's mom was dying. We booked a flight home and called Tony for a spur of the moment ride to the airport and he found a very nice driver who came immediately to take us. Just great service. We won't use anyone else.

shellsbell, all 3 times we've used Tony we paid in full at pickup and in cash because he preferred that. We also tipped Tony and his drivers at each end of our trip. So I didn't take the payment thing personally just was surprised after reading this thread that it was due right away. I like it because our entire trip is paid for the Disney part, Tony and parking at the Providence airport.

The last time we were in Disney was 3 years ago in 2019 and with 2 days left on our trip we received a call that my wife's mom was dying. We booked a flight home and called Tony for a spur of the moment ride to the airport and he found a very nice driver who came immediately to take us. Just great service. We won't use anyone else.

We were $160 for riviera with 4 people, 4 luggage and grocery stop.

See, this has me slightly concerned. We were quoted less than that. Which is why I wanted to get an invoice in writing, so that there wouldn't be any price increases between now and September when we need the transportation. I'm hoping he doesn't bump up our quote.

See, this has me slightly concerned. We were quoted less than that. Which is why I wanted to get an invoice in writing, so that there wouldn't be any price increases between now and September when we need the transportation. I'm hoping he doesn't bump up our quote.
Hmmm I just got quote yesterday for one person and 2 bags for $160...

How can you book now? Won't Southwest change your flight times between now and September? Would be a miracle if they kept the same flight times as you booked.

I suppose it's possible that flight times may change. The flight industry has been so volatile lately.

Usually, in the past, anytime there has been a flight change, it has been relatively close to the original time....maybe 20 minutes, 30 minutes, maybe an hour difference. I would hope that a flight change wouldn't be super drastic. If it is, we would maybe just change flights altogether. (Ie: if our flight that has us currently arriving at 10 am gets moved to us arriving at 2 pm, we would probably try to find another flight, even if it meant taking the first flight of the morning)

That said, I would rather be on the books and make those changes IF they come up than wait until a couple of months ahead and risk him being booked up/prices going up, etc.

I did text him this morning, so I am hoping to get things squared away and official.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter