***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Just received an email from Garden Grocer indicating our upcoming order will be filled EXCEPT for our 24 pack of bottled water which MAY not be included. I totally understand the shortage of bottled water in FL due to Irma and am not complaining. Just want those of you who are driving to DW from another state (we are flying) to bring bottled water with you.

We are arriving on 9/19

15 days out here. We will pack this weekend so we can see what we still need to get before we go. Our weeks are pretty full on, so we would need to have the weekend before we go to get last minute jobs done, and then we leave for the airport in the middle of the day on the Friday. Seems crazy that it is finally this close!

Just received an email from Garden Grocer indicating our upcoming order will be filled EXCEPT for our 24 pack of bottled water which MAY not be included. I totally understand the shortage of bottled water in FL due to Irma and am not complaining. Just want those of you who are driving to DW from another state (we are flying) to bring bottled water with you.

We are arriving on 9/19

I got the exact same email. Also arriving on the 19th.

We are arriving on 9/19

Got the same email tonight, we are arriving the evening of the 16th. I had planned on calling as I anticipated the possibility that they would be out of water; great customer service to warn us ahead of time as I'm sure they have a lot of pressing issues to deal with!

This time next week I will off work and loading the Hummer to head south !! Girls have appointment to have their hair and nails done on Thursday too. I finally got an email back from the hotel we are staying at on Friday and Saturday on I-drive, no damage and normal operations! After all these months of planning, then hurricane watch so it is hard to believe that we are heading to Disney World next week!!!

We have not been on a real vacation nor have we ever been on one for so long. I think the longest we have done is 4 days in one stretch. I have been forward to this for so long!

I planned on bringing a case of water anyway but figured that they would still sell some in the gift shop at All Star Sports.

Last edited:
Im suffering the same Post Irma reschedule depression (hey we have PIRD). I had everything so nicely planned out and was looking forward to light crowds. I had the perfect Pre Rope Drop BOG breakfast, great fastpasses. Now I am scrambling to just get any BOG res, Fast passes that are just "ok". And I keep thinking "maybe we should have just stuck with our planned trip all we would have missed was MNSSHP and a water park day. We would have has zero crowds for the rest of the week!" But when you only have 5 days losing 2 for a hurricane messes up the whole line up and would have made me super stressed. I am not a "go with the flow" Diser. I am a commando planner. SO i just keep reminding myself I have 2 weeks to modify and find a BOG res.

Maybe we need a thread just for Irma Displaced Vacations.
:grouphug: You really summed up how I've been feeling too. I just keep telling myself it will all work out, but yes the low crowds thing stings. It's been really stressful trying to get everything thing back, and it has been hard realizing that I cannot get everything back nor have it how I want it. I'm also a super planner, so that's been a hard pill to swallow. I'm starting to get some of the excitement back a little, and I think it will be better when I have everything finished planning and am no longer scrambling like a mad woman. I hope you get your BOG. Between obsessive checking and touring plans reservation finder I was able to get our BOG lunch. Not the best time, but I got one:thumbsup2 So I wish you luck and pixie dust for your trip! pixiedust:

TP updated the crowd levels and looks like next week should be promising! *happy dance*

I saw this too! The last week of Sept also has been updated a bit! My guess is that some people will have cancel their trips around that time, and some people will have moved their trip from last week to next week. As long as it's a break even, or even slightly busier I'm fine. But slower would be even better!

Unfortunately, I won't be on any September (or any other month for that matter) boards for quite awhile. Unlike some of you apparent millionaires, this trip is a major treat for us. This is our first trip back since 2008 and we don't have plans to go back until spring of 2021 or so, after Star Wars has been open for awhile. I'm jealous of these people who go a dozen times a year. But, on the flip side, it seems like it would lose some of it's magic going that many times so close together. Anyway, this will be my last hurrah for quite awhile.

I can only speak for myself, but it definitely does not lose it's magic! Reverting to that feeling of being a kid again never gets old for me! We have a line item travel budget and we travel only if we have the money. I watch for great deals and use flying miles whenever possible. When we don't have dining, we split meals. We tend to do this anyway. I squirrel away extra money from our weekly budget whenever possible. I work hard to be able to go every year. But I realize it's not everyone's desire to go so often and I respect that. I'm probably a good bit older than most, so may have fewer financial responsibilities. We couldn't afford yearly vacations to anywhere, let alone Disney when we had all four kids at home! I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and have tons of fun planning that 2021 trip! There will be lots of new stuff to enjoy by then for sure!!

I have not been very active on her, but I have to say I love the positivity on this board!! I am starting to get excited for our trip, we check in 9/17. I have been putting off packing and last minute errands because I didn't know what was going to happen, but I finally feel like we can start taking care of some of it.:goodvibes
I am a little nervous that crowds are going to be insane with everyone rescheduling, but we will just have to roll with it! I hope everyone still going this month has an amazing trip!!

You have an amazing trip as well! We've all gone through this together and NOW we can get excited again!!!:rainbow:

Im suffering the same Post Irma reschedule depression (hey we have PIRD). I had everything so nicely planned out and was looking forward to light crowds. I had the perfect Pre Rope Drop BOG breakfast, great fastpasses. Now I am scrambling to just get any BOG res, Fast passes that are just "ok". And I keep thinking "maybe we should have just stuck with our planned trip all we would have missed was MNSSHP and a water park day. We would have has zero crowds for the rest of the week!" But when you only have 5 days losing 2 for a hurricane messes up the whole line up and would have made me super stressed. I am not a "go with the flow" Diser. I am a commando planner. SO i just keep reminding myself I have 2 weeks to modify and find a BOG res.

Maybe we need a thread just for Irma Displaced Vacations.

Don't give up on BOG. I just snagged one for the day I wanted and the perfect time this morning. And we're 5 days out! Sending you some Pixie dustpixiedust:

SO, Disney was unable to accommodate us for our Sept 17-22 trip, due to Ft Wilderness being closed until the 18th. The only thing available was 3 days at Animal Kingdom , and I really didn't want to compromise with less days. We rescheduled for December 12, and are hoping to have as much fun at that time. I will keep trying to get ADR's (hard to get this close out), and book my fasspasses to mirror the September trip. Good news is, we still are going to Orlando for a few days (had this scheduled prior to Disney check in). We will probably go to Sea World, and maybe just purchase 2 day Disney tickets and wing it! I was NOT going to cancel the other plans we had, after getting off of work, and endless planning. Hoping you all have a Magical Time! This has been an awesome group! (Now I guess I need to find a December group, also).

Just be persistent. You'll get most of what you want. I didn't book initially until August 1st and with the BOG I got this morning, I have everything I wanted except FP for FOP. I love Disney when it's decorated for Christmas!! You'll have such a great time!!

TP updated the crowd levels and looks like next week should be promising! *happy dance*

I saw this too! The last week of Sept also has been updated a bit! My guess is that some people will have cancel their trips around that time, and some people will have moved their trip from last week to next week. As long as it's a break even, or even slightly busier I'm fine. But slower would be even better!

I, too, got an email from TP and most of the dates for the last week of September were adjusted down! I sure didn't expect that. If anything, I expected them to go up. Yay! :yay:

10 more excruciating days!

I got an email from TP too and mine were mixed. Beginning of the week numbers dropped but end of the week they went up. Not by much though. Not worried! I'm just happy to be going at this point after Irma-gate.

Some people have normal average incomes but choose to be very frugal day to day so they can spend those savings on Disney. I dont work my husband does but all Disney money comes from odd and ends that I do... Couponing, surveys, babysitting, seamstress work. Husband's income pays the bills anything I make is for me to splurge on vacations. Usually I can save enough to go every couple years if I work on it. Now I am doing Travel planning and hope that will add to my "Fun Fund". I can't tell you the last movie I saw in a theater, or the last time I went out to dinner, or the last time I went to a concert or the fair or the beach. I dont spend money on those types of entertainment, I save it for Disney.

Go check out the budget board here on Dis for some great tips...

Yep, I sell stuff gor extra $$ and we don't buy new stuff...oir couch is 30 years old, for example, and came from my parents' house after my dad passed away. We use the disney visa so we save up points, which usually pays for all our meals. This year we have free plane tickets because of vouchers from cancelled flights from a year prior. I buy new clothes very very rarely, and have 2 pairs of shoes. We just prefer travel. We aren't rich :)

Great advice!!

We are arriving on 9/19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter