***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

I won't be going next year either :sad:. I'm going to try to go to Aulani. It depends on if it's available at 7months out. Didn't take your rich comment as mean @Rusty2rules you are cool with us. I only can go because I bought into DVC, and I save in anyway I can. I too don't go out often, because I'd rather spend my money at disney and 1 other vacation a year.

I am planning to go next year but in October for my birthday. I am no millionaire LOL. My profession is one I am not allowed to mention on these boards and I get some pretty great discounts. ;)

I'm not a September trip person any more because of Irma, but I miss this thread. We had to rebook for October because there just weren't any rooms! I would have loved to have rebooked for the following week etc, but there just wasn't anything for us at a value on any dates. I think it was our longer length of trip that hurt us. We lost FD to rebook in October, so that hurts. But I'm starting to get excited again and trying to snag ADRs and FPs. I of course could not get my FOP FPs back, they were long gone by the time I was switching my trip dates. I've never had to replan a trip like this to WDW so last minute. It's been stressful being behind on everything. Trying to quit comparing the new trip to everything I had already perfectly planned on the old trip. I'm so exited for everyone who's going soon! I hope you all have great weather and magical trips!

I'm not a September trip person any more because of Irma, but I miss this thread. We had to rebook for October because there just weren't any rooms! I would have loved to have rebooked for the following week etc, but there just wasn't anything for us at a value on any dates. I think it was our longer length of trip that hurt us. We lost FD to rebook in October, so that hurts. But I'm starting to get excited again and trying to snag ADRs and FPs. I of course could not get my FOP FPs back, they were long gone by the time I was switching my trip dates. I've never had to replan a trip like this to WDW so last minute. It's been stressful being behind on everything. Trying to quit comparing the new trip to everything I had already perfectly planned on the old trip. I'm so exited for everyone who's going soon! I hope you all have great weather and magical trips!

We had a cancelled cruise (sick husband) and planned a very last minute trip. It was so weird after planning so much in advance. We had a great trip but it was different (and very hard not to compare or think "what if"). I hope that your trip has lots of unexpected magic! Keep trying for those FOP FPs. I was lucky and got FP for our first day by checking frequently up until our trip.

We had a cancelled cruise (sick husband) and planned a very last minute trip. It was so weird after planning so much in advance. We had a great trip but it was different (and very hard not to compare or think "what if"). I hope that your trip has lots of unexpected magic! Keep trying for those FOP FPs. I was lucky and got FP for our first day by checking frequently up until our trip.
Thanks! Any tips on checking for FOP FPs when I already have ones booked? Do I just keep choosing modify on the Navi' River one and see if a FOP is listed? It's always said none available so far.

Thanks! Any tips on checking for FOP FPs when I already have ones booked? Do I just keep choosing modify on the Navi' River one and see if a FOP is listed? It's always said none available so far.

You'd have to go in to modify na'vi river. Bc they're not both tier 1 if you already had one booked and go to modify another one, it wouldn't show another tier 1. Just check constantly. Maybe you could even get it for 1 person at a time with overlapping windows.

So...Ft Wilderness isn't reopening by Sunday, 9/17 for me to check into our cabin :(. My travel agent is on at least a 2 hr wait phone call to see what we can do. Rumor says they may open on Monday, and I'm willing to switch . That has my Animal Kingdom day at the end...I'm sure no more fastpasses or ROL Tusker house left . But...I will keep the faith. If not, I will be switching resorts and keeping my same plans. Someone said it months ago, but this feels like the trip that keeps changing. Daughter broke her leg, had surgery in August, dodged a hurricane, etc. Either way, I'll see MICKEY SOON! I mean...we've come this far, we HAVE to go! :car:pixiedust:

I would say just keep trying to modify (and modify Na'vi if you have that as daniela-rose said). I thought the app was a bit easier to use than the website, but used both. Then grab it ASAP if it pops up!

I have not been very active on her, but I have to say I love the positivity on this board!! I am starting to get excited for our trip, we check in 9/17. I have been putting off packing and last minute errands because I didn't know what was going to happen, but I finally feel like we can start taking care of some of it.:goodvibes
I am a little nervous that crowds are going to be insane with everyone rescheduling, but we will just have to roll with it! I hope everyone still going this month has an amazing trip!!

I really don't think the crowds will be affected. Hotel availability was so limited that people could just move their trips back. Also they have work and other obligations. I for one was nervous and did a plan B trip for January in case I had to cancel. I did it in January bc I was able to get my adrs and the hotel room and resort I wanted.

Any of my fellow awesome sept dis people planning on being at AK on the 21st? Or wanting to see ROL on the 21st? I'll probably have extra passes from our tusker rol package we don't plan on using.

Im suffering the same Post Irma reschedule depression (hey we have PIRD). I had everything so nicely planned out and was looking forward to light crowds. I had the perfect Pre Rope Drop BOG breakfast, great fastpasses. Now I am scrambling to just get any BOG res, Fast passes that are just "ok". And I keep thinking "maybe we should have just stuck with our planned trip all we would have missed was MNSSHP and a water park day. We would have has zero crowds for the rest of the week!" But when you only have 5 days losing 2 for a hurricane messes up the whole line up and would have made me super stressed. I am not a "go with the flow" Diser. I am a commando planner. SO i just keep reminding myself I have 2 weeks to modify and find a BOG res.

Maybe we need a thread just for Irma Displaced Vacations.

Im suffering the same Post Irma reschedule depression (hey we have PIRD). I had everything so nicely planned out and was looking forward to light crowds. I had the perfect Pre Rope Drop BOG breakfast, great fastpasses. Now I am scrambling to just get any BOG res, Fast passes that are just "ok". And I keep thinking "maybe we should have just stuck with our planned trip all we would have missed was MNSSHP and a water park day. We would have has zero crowds for the rest of the week!" But when you only have 5 days losing 2 for a hurricane messes up the whole line up and would have made me super stressed. I am not a "go with the flow" Diser. I am a commando planner. SO i just keep reminding myself I have 2 weeks to modify and find a BOG res.

Maybe we need a thread just for Irma Displaced Vacations.

I just started one.

Edit to add the link.

Last edited:
3 days to go. I commend you all for packing early. Tonight I am going to put my Disney shirts/tanks aside and make a list of what travel size stuff I need to purchase. Tomorrow night will be spent running errands and getting a haircut. Then Friday night after work I'll pack. Our flight leaves around noon on Saturday!

3 days to go. I commend you all for packing early. Tonight I am going to put my Disney shirts/tanks aside and make a list of what travel size stuff I need to purchase. Tomorrow night will be spent running errands and getting a haircut. Then Friday night after work I'll pack. Our flight leaves around noon on Saturday!

I only started packing for the kids. Myself is another story.

Our flight leaves at 6 am we leave for the airport at 330am if I'm not packed early I'm screwed and stressed. We took a later flight once and I wasn't nearly as stressed about packing. Plus I have to pack for my ds, if it was just me I'd probably be scrambling to get everything done the night before. :rotfl2:

SO, Disney was unable to accommodate us for our Sept 17-22 trip, due to Ft Wilderness being closed until the 18th. The only thing available was 3 days at Animal Kingdom , and I really didn't want to compromise with less days. We rescheduled for December 12, and are hoping to have as much fun at that time. I will keep trying to get ADR's (hard to get this close out), and book my fasspasses to mirror the September trip. Good news is, we still are going to Orlando for a few days (had this scheduled prior to Disney check in). We will probably go to Sea World, and maybe just purchase 2 day Disney tickets and wing it! I was NOT going to cancel the other plans we had, after getting off of work, and endless planning. Hoping you all have a Magical Time! This has been an awesome group! (Now I guess I need to find a December group, also).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter