Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got a call back from.....guest relations. I interview on Tuesday. Hopefully, my school will count it as an internship for graduation.

Congratulations !!!! I wish you good luck. Please let us know how it turns out. I was wondering what happened to you. I haven't seen a post in a while. Also, is your interview on the phone or at Disney? I can't remember where you are from. I know that one of us had a second interview on the phone, but I have to go to MGM Studios for mine in November. Just curious.

just finished with the phone interview. He asked a few questions regarding situations I was in. They seem to be really accommodating with the internship requirements my school published.

For now, it's a waiting game until mid to late November.

Thats great! :) Mid- Late November? Do you think that is just for your internship or everyone?

They are still taking applications. I believe on the disney careers website there's a december date, which will be when everyone has been given a response and they'll close it until next semester.

I applied for a few PIs a couple of weeks ago, and received a call today, but wasnt home so they left me a voicemail about if i was still interested in the professional internship that i put my resume for, but didnt say which position, so i will call tomorrow and find out. but i had a question for the ppl who have done a PI before. Do you get paid any more than the CPs do? thanks in advance...

The first interview is a general interview with casting.. Yes, you get paid more.

Yes, the first interview is general. They asked me which internships I was interested in and once I got past the first interview they sent my resume on to the different departments. You will then hopefully hear from the actual department your internship would be through. I was told that the Professional Internships pay between 7 and 13.00/hour! More than the College Program pays. Good luck, how exciting!!

Wow! This waiting game thing is nerve racking. I guess I should be thankful I'm still in the game. However, we all are. I haven't heard a post yet that didn't get a call of some kind and is still waiting. I mean, no one has said that Disney said "No Thanks". You know what I mean? Anyway I hope that's just because they try to place as many as they can even if it's not exactly what they put in for. That would be nice. I am also still wondering why two of us had second interviews over the phone and mine is at MGM. Am I that lucky or that unlucky? Well good luck to all of you again. I guess we really won't be hearing much of anything for about another month. I won't hold my breath. See ya later.

zada82 said:
Wow! This waiting game thing is nerve racking. I guess I should be thankful I'm still in the game. However, we all are. I haven't heard a post yet that didn't get a call of some kind and is still waiting. I mean, no one has said that Disney said "No Thanks". You know what I mean? Anyway I hope that's just because they try to place as many as they can even if it's not exactly what they put in for. That would be nice. I am also still wondering why two of us had second interviews over the phone and mine is at MGM. Am I that lucky or that unlucky? Well good luck to all of you again. I guess we really won't be hearing much of anything for about another month. I won't hold my breath. See ya later.

Would your internship be a lot of face to face interaction with guests? Maybe they want to see your interaction with others if its a direct contact type of internship. Also, they may have noticed that you dont live too far away. I dont know why they would want you to come in other than that. Who knows!! I wonder if they would have offered a phone interview to you if you had said you couldn't come in!!

Yeah, it doesn't look like we will be hearing anything for a while, but good luck! Its excited but like you said, oh so nerve wracking :)

I would LOVE to have a face-to-face interview, you're more likely to have them remember you. Of course, I'm not willing to fly to Florida (with my own money-- while I'm so poor) for it. Soooooo, a phone interview will do. Of course, ANY kind of phone call or email would do!!!!!!!!!

Where is everybody at? Let me guess HMMMMMM........WAITING ! ! ! !
Anyway, just wanted to drop a line. I don't have any new news but I just miss hearing the news. You guys take care. Everyday is another day closer.

I talked to the last person I interviewed with and she informed me that everything will decided by mid-november, and they will let me know the status as soon as possible. It was a very general thanks for following up with us email...so im nervous, but I just wanted to let you all know!

But that is for YOUR specific internship, isn't it? Or is that in general?? I still haven't had my 2nd interview scheduled.. :( She told me I'd get one.. but I'm still nervous...

Yeah, that was for my specific internship; not general. I'm sure you will get a call, it seems like you have a ton of qualifications!! I haven't heard anything from the other internships that I applied for, so im starting think I wont get a call either! They sure do know how to make someone sit on the edge of their chair, dont they!!

Hey guys! Don't sound like that. That internship might be finished with their process in mid-November but it is stated that some won't be finished until December 15th. It ain't over til it's over. Hang in there. Remember my interview is on November 10th. That means they can't be near done. I'm sure they will still have lots to sort out after interviewing to decide who they want to keep. I have to put these bananas because my daughter loves him. She keeps singin "Its peanut butter jelly time". :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Alright, I got another phone call from Disney to set up an interview. Im excited because it's from the department that I really wanted! So, I hope all goes well on Thursday!!!

Im a little nervous now though, I can't remember, but are there benfits that go along with professional internships? I seem to remember reading that there weren't any, but I can't imagine someone working for Disney full-time (basically like a real job, according to my contact) and not getting any sort of benefits! Does anyone know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter