• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found no FoP availability this week at 7AM for day 62, but day 64 had plenty of availability. Twelve hours later, I went back and modified my FoP FP time to later in the day, and there were plenty available even then.

Earliest FOP time available this morning right at 7:00am for our 4th day was 3:50pm.
E.T.A.: We are a party of 2.

Thanks for the updates! I better come in ready to change all my plans on my FP day.

HI Robin.

Are those your other 2 fastpasses? Or can you do fastpasses in multiple parks for your first 3?

I'm still confused on fastpass. :confused: :headache:
You cannot pre-reserve FP+ at more than 2 parks. But, after you tap all the FPs that you have scheduled at the first park, you can make FPs for a different park. The FP sticky in this board is very helpful!

These are the people that we enjoy....No offense but it's hard to fathom why the dislike for this park, or lack of interest, but the more people that call it a 1/2 day park, means more room for us to meander....Honestly this park, is probably one of the most well done theme parks out of any we've been too, and is definitely tied for our fav. down in WDW....

I can't wait to spend time here..... Just so frustrated that we still can't even get a sniff of a FP for FOP.
We are Disney park twins. AK has always been my favorite park and I've never understood the lack of interest for it either. There is so much to see and it's the only park that is never the same because you are dealing with animals that are never the same, or at least never doing the same things. Adding in Pandora on adds yet another peg to move it up even higher for me. Heck, I even appreciate Rivers of Light

They do to me since they tell you no video is supposed to be taken. Just my opinion I guess.
I was thinking the same thing. I find it very rude that someone broke the rules. Unless these are Disney approved and produced videos. I guess that's possible.

Not to mention, I don't think the videos come even remotely close to being an accurate representation of the ride. I watched one and thought it was pretty flat compared to the ride, which is the polar opposite of flat.

I was thinking the same thing. I find it very rude that someone broke the rules. Unless these are Disney approved and produced videos. I guess that's possible.

Not to mention, I don't think the videos come even remotely close to being an accurate representation of the ride. I watched one and thought it was pretty flat compared to the ride, which is the polar opposite of flat.
Exactly. Videos won't do this ride justice.

Yes I understand there are rules at every park with the no taking pictures of the rides or while on the rides.

But I myself know about 6 or 7 people who wont go on the actual ride until they see the ride on video.

We are Disney park twins. AK has always been my favorite park and I've never understood the lack of interest for it either. There is so much to see and it's the only park that is never the same because you are dealing with animals that are never the same, or at least never doing the same things. Adding in Pandora on adds yet another peg to move it up even higher for me. Heck, I even appreciate Rivers of Light

We're always finding different Hidden paths or lil alcoves or something....
When we visit in August, Our arrival day ( coming off the back end of a PuertoRico vacay )we'll be landing at roughly 12:15, and I made the mistake of using this day as our AK day....The good thing is that it'll be open very late that evening. Also a good thing, is we've yet to see ROL and or anything in this knew land..(Can't hardly wait) Bad news is I've been scouring the app. and can't get any availibility for FOP..:headache:

I know once we're there though, just walking around that whole area will be suffice...

FoP times have been really varied this week. Tuesday we had a fp and waited 20 minutes. Others in line had waited 5 hours! Wednesday we decided to ride standby and waited 110 minutes. We did see it as low as 90. Navi River Journey was about a 30 minute wait when we went Wednesday night. If you are flexible, it seems that you will easily be able to ride both without fp. Parks felt crowded but animal kingdom wasn't bad at all.

Well, I'm hoping we can get a decent wait time for FOP. I'm excited to see the cue! I've never spent an entire day at AK but I haven't spent an entire day at any of the parks. We always hop and go back and forth. But...I do have to say I've never gone back to AK like I have the other 3 parks. No special reason. I love many of the shows there, like Lion King is my favorite and Birds of Flight is exceptional. For me, Pandora has made this park one of my "go back again" parks. Just saying.

DH is not a queue kind of guy at all, and I am pretty sure I will have zero luck in getting him to queue standby for FOP, so I am resigned to watching the queue on YouTube, and going FP, assuming we can secure one, of course!

My cousins said they will wait in line, no matter how long we have to wait. I said I hope they can provide lots of entertainment without each of them spending the entire time on their phones (I don't have one) LOL!

Yes I understand there are rules at every park with the no taking pictures of the rides or while on the rides.

But I myself know about 6 or 7 people who wont go on the actual ride until they see the ride on video.
So the (reasonable) rules don't apply to them?

I apologize if this has been answered, but if FOP can't be done at rd, is there a better time of day to do it? I don't want to waste the morning if it is 2 hrs consistently all day.

I apologize if this has been answered, but if FOP can't be done at rd, is there a better time of day to do it? I don't want to waste the morning if it is 2 hrs consistently all day.
Mid afternoon is another time where the wait times tend to drop but that's only when all theaters have ran without issue. If you run in to a day where there has been an outage for any reason this changes. Late night would be your next option, no later than an hour before closing, I'd probably not cut it that close myself, in the off chance they have to cut the line off.

There have been some posters tracking wait times but I am not sure the last time they were updated. I'd probably spot check myself over a few days and see what you find to get an idea of what they look like

Mid afternoon is another time where the wait times tend to drop but that's only when all theaters have ran without issue. If you run in to a day where there has been an outage for any reason this changes. Late night would be your next option, no later than an hour before closing, I'd probably not cut it that close myself, in the off chance they have to cut the line off.

There have been some posters tracking wait times but I am not sure the last time they were updated. I'd probably spot check myself over a few days and see what you find to get an idea of what they look like
Yes, I've been seeing afternoon as the lowest wait times. I haven't been checking evenings though, and your right...if a theater is on the fritz it changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter