***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about re-entering the line. I have stopped people in the past. I tell them they have to have their family come back to where they area. If you don't come past me to leave, I don't think you should be able to get in front of me later. Odds are you are cheating the line.

Just my opinion but if I were you AK would be on my to do list and I would be stalking MDE for a FP to FoP.

I too am going out of the blue. Leaving tomorrow and just decided on Wednesday. A spur of the moment sisters and daughter trip. Myself and my daughter were there for the AP Pandora but my sister and niece did not get to see it so we are going and waiting in line. We will also go at night since AP preview was only during the day. Looking forward to it!

Disney must have recently added emh to 7/12. I looked this past Sunday to see if there was any way that I could change my FP's for 7/13 to 7/12 instead. I had FP's booked for Navi, Everest and Kali. On Sunday there wasn't anything left for Navi so I didn't change my plans.

Last night I checked again just for the fun of it and there were at least 20 time slots now for Navi. I thought maybe I had the wrong date but I didn't. I was stoked to be able to change our days for AK and get the time slot I wanted.

There wasn't when we were there. Hopefully someone will let you know if that has changed since opening week.
You want to head left. Left up the Oasis, left at the Tree of Life. If the let you go left up the Oasis. Sometimes the only open it on the right *but this may be only during EMH mornings
No separate line when we were there 2 weeks ago either.

Question...Scored a FOP FP just before dinner on our AK day, we need to standby NRJ. Thoughts on whether we should rope drop (EMM) or try it around our FOP FP time 6:40-7:40?

Question...Scored a FOP FP just before dinner on our AK day, we need to standby NRJ. Thoughts on whether we should rope drop (EMM) or try it around our FOP FP time 6:40-7:40?

I think you would be ok either way - by late afternoon the wait times seem to be the lowest - I mean, not super low, but maybe like 45 ins for river journey - or if you want to be more sure and just have it done without worrying you could rope drop for it.

I think you would be ok either way - by late afternoon the wait times seem to be the lowest - I mean, not super low, but maybe like 45 ins for river journey - or if you want to be more sure and just have it done without worrying you could rope drop for it.

Thanks so much! I guess I could also track the wait times on the app until my trip and see how it trends :-) That will give me one more "Disney task" to pass the time!!

Would you say that is necessary for the Navi River ride also? We do have fastpasses for FoP for late afternoon, so not really concerned about FoP.

No, you'll be fine for Navi even if you're not at the front. We arrived at AK last week before official park opening, but after they had started letting people in - no one was even being held at the bridge to Discovery Island by the time we got there. We had FP for FoP, so we headed to Navi. Posted 20 minute wait, but it was a walk-on, and we rode twice with no wait.

I did, it was pretty good. They mostly talked about animal conservation. They talked about Everest briefly which was cool and interesting. Pandora was mentioned at the last 5 min. All in all it was a cool special.
Agreed, I always love Disney specials.

I purposely haven't looked at much because I want to be surprised.

How long should I plan to spend exploring Pandora for the first time in the day time? We will have a FP for Na'vi River. Is an hour too much time to look around, have a snack and ride?

Are there any photopass spots?

Forgot to ask, did anyone watch the Animal Kingdom special on Animal Planet the other day?
I did. It was a nice commercial for the park. AK is the park I've explored the least so I really liked watching the special to see some of the things I'm missing. If I can swing a last minute October trip I want to spend a day exploring AK when it is hopefully not 100 degrees.

I would rope drop. On Tuesday they let us in to Pandora at 7:40. We headed to Windtraders (yes we rope dropped a gift shop...) just in case they had Banshees. We headed to NRJ at 8:00 sharp and literally walked directly into a boat. As many others have said, it's enjoyable, but I would definitely not wait 45min for it.

My FP wndow opens in the morning. It's a short 4 day trip, so we're not looking too good for FoP FPs. There are 4 of us- do you think there's a better chance if I try to do 2 & 2, vs. 4 together?

My FP wndow opens in the morning. It's a short 4 day trip, so we're not looking too good for FoP FPs. There are 4 of us- do you think there's a better chance if I try to do 2 & 2, vs. 4 together?
From what I saw when I booked ours you can get stuff for 4 on the 4th day, provided you are ok with afternoon FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter