• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone discussing how awful the pre-show "actor" who plays Dr. Stevens is? My god, where did they find this guy and how did this recording make the cut? It's like they took take 1 of someone both partially illiterate and completely unfamiliar with the script and paired him with a one-armed cue card person and said "ok, I think we got it!"

I actually think how he acts is part of his act. It was intentional.

This is exactly what my son said. He told me that he is a scientist and a lot of scientists are very intelligent but don't have a lot of good people skills or talking skills. My son says that he plays it as he is a bit uncomfortable having to talk in front of everybody. But I do agree with you that it does get a bit annoying. I was there for 10 days starting on opening weekend and rode seven times and have had enough of Dr. Stevens but I LOVE the ride!!! Lol

This is exactly what my son said. He told me that he is a scientist and a lot of scientists are very intelligent but don't have a lot of good people skills or talking skills. My son says that he plays it as he is a bit uncomfortable having to talk in front of everybody. But I do agree with you that it does get a bit annoying. I was there for 10 days starting on opening weekend and rode seven times and have had enough of Dr. Stevens but I LOVE the ride!!! Lol
I was a Biochemistry major, and none of my profs/lecturers were as bad as this guy, though!

ok, cool - and I meant the argument between having the 3 FP be all for FoP or having one be for the river ride ... really just wanted to encourage doing the stand by at least once is all
You guys are making it so complicated (I'm the OP)! :P Now I need to talk to my sister to see how many time she would want to ride the river one. We'll definitely be doing pre-RD for standby in FoP once, with the plan to hit NRJ afterwards. Maybe I'll push all FPs to FoP and can either look out for a 4th NRJ one or on another morning do RD and make our way to NRJ. At least then we wouldn't be caught up in the FoP crowds-we would be in the Pandora crowds, but I guess just stay to the left! That would give us 4 times on FoP and 2 times on NRJ

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the guy and the pre-shows are a bit too much but I do think the mannerisms of him are intentional. Even if they are exaggerated a bit. Living with an Engineer and hanging out with lots of other Engineers as our primary social circle they are pretty much the same, so it's something I'm pretty familiar with too :)

Just got back from a 7 day trip and thought maybe someone can learn from my mistakes.

You can get same day fastpasses for NRJ for 2 people pretty easily as long as you refresh about 20 times. I learned this because I was constantly looking for FoP FP which was impossible to get but NRJ kept coming up. I had 2 days planned for AK and I chose NRJ for 1 FP and FoP for the other. I wish now that I had chosen FoP for both. We rode NRJ standby early in the trip and ended up dropping the NRJ FP because NRJ was a one and done for us.

Watched the 10:30 ROL with a fastpass I picked up 15 minutes before ROL started. This was a mistake. Standby never filled up. Should've watched ROL standby and beat the crowd that was heading to Pandora. The ROL FP section of the theater is furthest from Pandora and the crowds basically emptied from the ROL stadium and filled the FOP queue. So we decided to wait it out. Lines would surely go down the closer it got to midnight? Nope. They actually doubled as people streamed in from the other parks that were closing.

A different night, I tried to hop to AK for EMH after watching the Star Wars Fireworks. Bus line for AK was madness. Several lines had formed and people weren't sure which was the official line because they were so far from the bus queue. We decided to split a taxi with another couple that was waiting in line. This worked out great because we beat most of the park hoppers coming from the other parks. Moral of this story is - if you wait for MK, Epcot, or HS to close you might be waiting in a long line for a bus and then an even longer line once you arrive to AK.

Finally just a timeline for our 7:00am AK EMH. Arrived at Pop Century's bus stop at 6:05am, just missed the first bus, 4 people on it. 2nd bus arrived at 6:25am, this bus completely filled leaving some latecomers in the queue; we arrived at AK around 6:45. Through bag check and ticket lines by 6:55. On Flight of Passage by 7:35. Done shortly before 8. Had time for a few photopass pictures before our 8:10 FoP FP for a 2nd ride! Loved this ride! Got 3 rides in but could've done a few more!

Thank you! I am going to do my best to get my gang to the POP bus stops by 5:59 am! I keep threatening to leave them behind, but it looks like even if we miss the first one we will be ok for our 7 am AK EMH day if we have to wait for a 2nd one. We have a FOP FP earlier in the trip, so going to try to RD it this day and we have an 8:05 FP for the River ride.

If they're not available when we go in July, will they take orders for them. Or, am I out of luck?
That is a good question. They should offer some sort of rain check for anyone who visits and can't purchase in person. Provided there is no intention of their ever putting them online or on the shop app. It's horribly unfair for those who visit and want to buy one, and won't be back, and can't because they have sold out. Even if Disney issues them with a name and makes it so only someone with that name can redeem them. That way, people can't sell the rain checks, etc.

They were sold out on the 5th of June when we were there, and basically told us "tough Luck"

We had fast pass for FOP on June 6 at 9 am, but son wanted to see it on the 5th, so we went to the 11pm-1am thing and got on at 1:30. Next morning, SLEPT late and missed fast pass. Dang it.
He and his brother did go to AK later on the 6th in the late afternoon, and standby time was listed at 60 minutes, and he said the wait was no more than 15 including the briefing rooms. A fluke, I guess.

I'm still waiting to hear from the people who are getting sick on FOP because clearly some are. That's the main reason I'm not doing it...I was nauseous for two hours after a 3d IMAX movie.
It's been very limited. Some days they'll have some and others they'll have nothing. They don't have a full stock yet.
Please, please let them have some on Wednesday! (I say to the spirits of whoever controls these things... ;) )

Thank you! I am going to do my best to get my gang to the POP bus stops by 5:59 am! I keep threatening to leave them behind, but it looks like even if we miss the first one we will be ok for our 7 am AK EMH day if we have to wait for a 2nd one. We have a FOP FP earlier in the trip, so going to try to RD it this day and we have an 8:05 FP for the River ride.
If you do not have any ECVs or kids who need car seats, then consider Uber. It will get you there with less wait and that can make a big difference for FOP.

:wizard:

I wasn't a fan of Dr. Stevens either...the pre-show guy on Dinosaur is more entertaining even though the script there is just as bad.

Not sure if this is the right place or if there is another forum for this:
unfortunately I will not be able to use my FP for FOP on Sunday June 18 between 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM :sad: - but I thought maybe somebody else here would be happy to grab it ...
What do I need to do ???

Are the Banshees still sold out?
No Banshees tonight - June 15th about 8:00 pm

DW gets Motion Sickness - M:S once 13 years ago still gives her that 'aught-o' feeling! She has done FoP twice now - but says never again.

They were sold out on the 5th of June when we were there, and basically told us "tough Luck"
That's a shame. Honestly, if I had someone that was really upset about missing out I'd push the issue to come up with some option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter