***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading down in August and was planning to skip AK this time around. However I was reconsidering going during a morning EMH in order to just see FOP and the river ride. My FB booking window opens tomorrow but I understand from a friend who is arriving a few days before me that there are already no FP's showing for FOP for the morning I want to go. So that means I'd have to show up at rope drop for the morning EMH . Last time I saw something on this it said people were lining up two hours before opening (i.e. 6 AM for 8 AM opening). I don't think I'm game to do that but just thought I'd check in to see if that still the case!

Since nobody has answered with any specifics yet - now here simply an "official announcement" :mic: - to whom in may concern ...
I will be "releasing" (cancelling) 1 FP for FoP for tomorrow, June 18th between 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM :yay: - on 6pm EST - go for it ... :stitch2:

(Also 1 FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris between 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM + 1 FP for Expedition Everest between 10:10 AM - 11:10 AM)

We are driving out of disney right now! And I wanted to report that I was absolutely blown away by pandora. My girls are 9 and 12, and they loved it just as much as I did. We couldn't get banshees all week and finally got a shopper pass this morning to buy two.

Naavi river was down from last night until 11:30a today (at least) with no hints of a quick fix. FOP was evacuated around 9:15a because a young woman fainted. People said it seemed to take a long time for help to arrive and they had to walk around her to exit. It reopened in about an hour and a half. We got right on with our FPs

Heading down in August and was planning to skip AK this time around. However I was reconsidering going during a morning EMH in order to just see FOP and the river ride. My FB booking window opens tomorrow but I understand from a friend who is arriving a few days before me that there are already no FP's showing for FOP for the morning I want to go. So that means I'd have to show up at rope drop for the morning EMH . Last time I saw something on this it said people were lining up two hours before opening (i.e. 6 AM for 8 AM opening). I don't think I'm game to do that but just thought I'd check in to see if that still the case!

It seems to vary day-to-day but, especially on an EMH morning, I think you would be ok 1 hour before opening

Naavi river was down from last night until 11:30a today (at least) with no hints of a quick fix. FOP was evacuated around 9:15a because a young woman fainted. People said it seemed to take a long time for help to arrive and they had to walk around her to exit. It reopened in about an hour and a half. We got right on with our FPs

Anyone else got a comment on this? I'd love to see more details

We visited Pandora last week. We didn't make it during the day so we only saw the night time version. It was incredible! We were all impressed. So very cool! We rode NRJ, no FP. Just waited in line maybe a half hour? The ride was very cool. It would have been nice to go a little slower so you could see everything but we still enjoyed it. Well done!

I know this has probably been answered and talked about on here some where but don't want to search forever.
Anyway how hard is it to get into Pandor before the start of night EMH?
We have a FP for FOP 6:15-7:15 but we also have a dining package for ROL at 9:15 so we will have to leave and then go back to Pandora.
Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks.

I know this has probably been answered and talked about on here some where but don't want to search forever.
Anyway how hard is it to get into Pandor before the start of night EMH?
We have a FP for FOP 6:15-7:15 but we also have a dining package for ROL at 9:15 so we will have to leave and then go back to Pandora.
Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just returned from a week long trip. We entered Pandora 4 times and rode both rides 4 times (AWESOME!!!) never had a problem entering the land itself. Went twice first thing on the morning. Entered twice around 10:00 pm, and once for a FP at 11:15 am. We were always able to walk right in the Pandora area.

Are the Evening EMH procedures still the same? If you are an onsite guests, they will still hold you outside of the land if you aren't already in? Is getting in line for FOP at the start of EMH shorter than normal?

We never had a problem entering the land over the last week. They scanned our magic band at the ride entry point after 11:00pm.

We found it better to go just before the start of evening magic hour, around 10:00 to 10:30 pm. The lines actually got longer as the rest of the park and other parks closed down.

On Thursday evening we got in line at 10:30pm. Posted wait time was 120 minutes. We were in the preshow after only 56 minutes.

On Friday evening we got in line at 11:30 pm, posted time was 135 minutes. We were in the preshow area after 68 minutes.

We went to early magic hour this past Tuesday. We drove to AK and arrived at 6:15 am. Check in lines were long but they did a nice soft opening. Bag check opened at 6:30. Ticket booth at 6:45. Rope drop at 6:55.

We were not at the front of the line but perhaps in the first 25% of the line. Rode both rides, took pictures, shopped, explored the land all by 8:45.

Then went to Everest which was only a 10 minute wait. At 9:00. It was awesome.

After which we park hopped for our FP at HS and spent the rest of the day there.

We arrived in Pandora land on Tuesday at 7:55 (8:00 opening) and went straight to FOP without fastpass. We were off the ride by 9!!!!! It was amazing!!! We went over and did safari and several other rides and shows before our 12:40 FP for the boat ride. Walked right on with fastpass. The parks were surprisingly manageable this week!!!!

Just returned from a week long trip. We entered Pandora 4 times and rode both rides 4 times (AWESOME!!!) never had a problem entering the land itself. Went twice first thing on the morning. Entered twice around 10:00 pm, and once for a FP at 11:15 am. We were always able to walk right in the Pandora area.
Thank you, that is good to hear.

If one were to buy a banshee early in the morning and then take it out and leave it in the car all day while you tour the parks, would it survive un-damaged? Not sure what they're made of but looks like soft rubber.

If one were to buy a banshee early in the morning and then take it out and leave it in the car all day while you tour the parks, would it survive un-damaged? Not sure what they're made of but looks like soft rubber.
I don't see why they wouldn't survive. It is a rubber and plastic.

What have wait times been like for NRJ at park opening. Say arrival to park at 9:30am when it has a 9am opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter