***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear that I read on here (probably 100 pages ago) that they were keeping other rides like EE open during evening EMH as well and that it wasn't just the Pandora area. Is this not the case anymore? Was that only for crowd control during the first week or so? I was really looking forward to doing EE multiple times in a row at night.
Yes, it was only for the first week or so

I swear that I read on here (probably 100 pages ago) that they were keeping other rides like EE open during evening EMH as well and that it wasn't just the Pandora area. Is this not the case anymore? Was that only for crowd control during the first week or so? I was really looking forward to doing EE multiple times in a row at night.
Only Pandora (plus Tree of Life Awakenings) is open for the nightly Extra Magic Hours right now. When those end and they switch to a normal EMH where they have evening EMH once or twice a week at AK, I would expect all rides to be open.

Yes, it was only for the first week or so

That's so sad. :sad: I totally understand why. Why would they pay people to work the rides when most people aren't going to them. I've heard the the lines for EE are short at night before regular closing anyway so I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks for letting me know.

It all seems so random...some folks have no trouble, other folks can't get any. I'm on vacation for a long weekend, and will be returning a couple days before my 30 day window (excited about this). I have two appointments that morning, so starting at 7 a.m. I'll be looking for my FP+, then I have apts. so I will have to wait to keep looking, like all day, everyday until I get, at least, some of my rides. Wish me luck!
Yes good luck! Hope you get the FP's :)

That was only early on, maybe just opening weekend or opening week. The rest of the park is closed and the only entry/exit to pandora is towards the front of the park. You can't even enter from FOTLK area after regular hours are over.

Can Anyone tell me if the two rides FoP and NRV have photopass pictures in them.
Not on the rides but pandora itself has some really great photopass locations. During the day there is a magic shot with a banshee and the evening pictures are beautifully lit up and colorful.

Not on the rides but pandora itself has some really great photopass locations. During the day there is a magic shot with a banshee and the evening pictures are beautifully lit up and colorful.
And one is a moving Magic Shot with the little floating umbrella seed looking things (which I'm sure have a name but I haven't a clue what they are)

I still have to find this magic shot. I did the banshee one already
I'm trying to recall where I saw it. I just can't. And it appears they haven't added the PP icon to the Pandora area in the app yet so I can't use it to help me out.
Here's the still shot, if it helps you recognize what we are standing in front of
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8048684307.jpeg

I'm trying to recall where I saw it. I just can't. And it appears they haven't added the PP icon to the Pandora area in the app yet so I can't use it to help me out.
Here's the still shot, if it helps you recognize what we are standing in front of
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8048684307.jpeg
That is awesome! Wish I would have found that one!

Is anyone discussing how awful the pre-show "actor" who plays Dr. Stevens is? My god, where did they find this guy and how did this recording make the cut? It's like they took take 1 of someone both partially illiterate and completely unfamiliar with the script and paired him with a one-armed cue card person and said "ok, I think we got it!"

Is anyone discussing how awful the pre-show "actor" who plays Dr. Stevens is? My god, where did they find this guy and how did this recording make the cut? It's like they took take 1 of someone both partially illiterate and completely unfamiliar with the script and paired him with a one-armed cue card person and said "ok, I think we got it!"
:rotfl2:
I hated the preshow. I wish I had a special FP just to bypass that part if the ride.

I actually think how he acts is part of his act. It was intentional.

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

With apologies to those who liked the movie, I think this sounds pretty consistent with it!! :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter