"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

What time do people start lining up for the 4pm entry? When I did the FP, the only way I could make 3 work and still get the rides we wanted was to start at :10 after so our first FP is from 3:10-4:10. I know we're probably not likely to make it, but lines go down later anyway so we can always circle back. We were thinking of getting in line around 3:30 to give it a try or is that not early enough?
For MNSSHP last year, we had FPs that were about that same time and it worked out - so as long as you are not needing to get to the far side of MK, it should be fine.

What time do people start lining up for the 4pm entry? When I did the FP, the only way I could make 3 work and still get the rides we wanted was to start at :10 after so our first FP is from 3:10-4:10. I know we're probably not likely to make it, but lines go down later anyway so we can always circle back. We were thinking of getting in line around 3:30 to give it a try or is that not early enough?
I'm in the same boat, only worse. We have our first fast pass for PPF from 3:05 - 4:05. I think they will let you use a FP up to 15 minutes late so i'm hoping we can get there by 4:20!

I'm pretty sure I have read on this thread that people have gotten in a little before 4:00, like closer to 3:50. Just get there to be close to the front of the line. We are not staying onsite bc we are gonna be at Universal but heading to MK for the party. I'm afraid we aren't gonna be able to schedule FP at 30days out:( I'm afraid they are gonna be gone

I'm pretty sure I have read on this thread that people have gotten in a little before 4:00, like closer to 3:50. Just get there to be close to the front of the line. We are not staying onsite bc we are gonna be at Universal but heading to MK for the party. I'm afraid we aren't gonna be able to schedule FP at 30days out:( I'm afraid they are gonna be gone

You will be able to schedule them, but you may not get 7DMT. We did ours at 30 days out and got Space Mtn, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion.

I have tickets for the Dec 22 MVMCP but when I look at MDE it says my FP 60 day mark is Nov 1. We are going to the party on the 22nd and staying at POR before we leave on the Fantasy Dec 24. We have park tickets for when we return on Dec 31 and that's where the Nov 1 60 day mark comes in. My party tix show up as linked in MDE. Will I be able to book FP on Monday which is the 60 day mark for the party?

Is your first stay linked to your MDE account?
Also, I think you may be able to make your FP choices for that first stay tomorrow as we arrive on the 21st December and could make ours today.

This will be our first MVMCP; we attended MNSSHP in early Sept 2016 (and way back in 2007) and had a blast, so we are excited about finally attending the Christmas party! It will be myself, my DD27 and DGD4 and we are planning to attend the party on Dec 18th. After reading many posts, it seems that there is a good chance that the parties on the 18th and 22nd may sell out (just read that the last two parties for MNSSHP have sold out).

Anyone attended a sold out party? Are the crowds really insane? We tend to visit the world during less crowded times. We are not interested in character meet & greets, and tend to focus on the rides, possibly the first parade and the fireworks. Just want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!!

We are also planning on going December 18Th. Was wondering if they sell out very early. Haven't bought the tickets yet

We are also planning on going December 18Th. Was wondering if they sell out very early. Haven't bought the tickets yet

If you are certain that is the date you want to go, and you want to go, I wouldn't chance it. With it being one of the last parties, it probably will sell out - when that may occur, is the bigger question that nobody knows. Once you get into November, it could sell out any day based upon years past.

Not sure if this will help but we have attended the MNSSP for the last several years on Halloween night. It's always a sell out but worth the higher crowd levels since it's the actual holiday and in a number of cases the last night. The cast members rally get into it and have been absolutely fantastic. If you go in with the right mindset and if finances afford you the luxury of doing the dessert party you can have a great viewing spot and and place to rest your legs for a bit. It's give us the ability to stay much longer than when we had really no place to sit down for a while. Both parties are great and we're doing Christmas party this year.

This will be our first MVMCP; we attended MNSSHP in early Sept 2016 (and way back in 2007) and had a blast, so we are excited about finally attending the Christmas party! It will be myself, my DD27 and DGD4 and we are planning to attend the party on Dec 18th. After reading many posts, it seems that there is a good chance that the parties on the 18th and 22nd may sell out (just read that the last two parties for MNSSHP have sold out).

Anyone attended a sold out party? Are the crowds really insane? We tend to visit the world during less crowded times. We are not interested in meet & greets, and tend to focus on the rides, possibly the first parade and the fireworks. Just want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!!

Most people go to the parties for the party-specific events and entertainment, so ride wait times are usually low. However, I would definitely try to see the second parade rather than the first, because crowds will be heavier at the first parade, sold out night or not.

Hi everyone!

Looking for some advice please! We will be attending the Sunday November 13th party. This is our very first Christmas party and reading up on all of the event happenings is giving me anxiety

Our "must see's" include: Pictures with the Seven Dwarfs, Jack Skellington, Scrooge, Mickey and Santa Goofy...also wishes and the parade obviously. We are planning to get to the park at or just after 4pm.

Any suggestions on an itinerary or plan of attack would be most helpful! We aren't picky about which parade to see (either early or later one is fine). How soon do people actually steak out their spots for the parade? Spending so much money on the tickets I don't want to spend the whole time just in one spot to see wishes and the parade .

Thanks so much in advance!!

Most people go to the parties for the party-specific events and entertainment, so ride wait times are usually low. However, I would definitely try to see the second parade rather than the first, because crowds will be heavier at the first parade, sold out night or not.

Thank you! If my grand-daughter can stay up- that's probably what we'll do!

Not sure if this will help but we have attended the MNSSP for the last several years on Halloween night. It's always a sell out but worth the higher crowd levels since it's the actual holiday and in a number of cases the last night. The cast members rally get into it and have been absolutely fantastic. If you go in with the right mindset and if finances afford you the luxury of doing the dessert party you can have a great viewing spot and and place to rest your legs for a bit. It's give us the ability to stay much longer than when we had really no place to sit down for a while. Both parties are great and we're doing Christmas party this year.

Thank you - hadn't thought about the dessert party, but will check into it!

Hi everyone!

Looking for some advice please! We will be attending the Sunday November 13th party. This is our very first Christmas party and reading up on all of the event happenings is giving me anxiety

Our "must see's" include: Pictures with the Seven Dwarfs, Jack Skellington, Scrooge, Mickey and Santa Goofy...also wishes and the parade obviously. We are planning to get to the park at or just after 4pm.

Any suggestions on an itinerary or plan of attack would be most helpful! We aren't picky about which parade to see (either early or later one is fine). How soon do people actually steak out their spots for the parade? Spending so much money on the tickets I don't want to spend the whole time just in one spot to see wishes and the parade .

Noticed your ticker.......im also 2W1D out from our stay at POP. :D

Yay that's awesome!! :cool1: I am so excited...but I also don't want it to be over yet :laughing:

(Our kids are around the same age...mine are DS 12 and a DS 9)

Funny you say that, just 5 minutes ago I felt a wave of sadness come over me for no reason, and I realized it was because my trip is only 2 weeks away.......which means in 3 weeks it will all be over. :sad:

This is ouir first stay at POP, I am super excited about it.

Hi everyone!

Assuming it is like MNSSHP, it will be really hard to do all those characters - they are the most popular ones and have really long lines. From what I recall, people line up for Dwarfs and Jack really early... and otherwise, those lines are long.

For the early parade at MNSSHP, people were holding their spots about an hour early. I held the spot while DH and DD tried to see Aladdin... couldn't get through the line in 45-ish minutes though, so they didn't end up meeting him. I would assume it would be similar - so we're going to try for the second parade this year, assuming we are not too exhausted, hoping for a little more time to try to do some rides and other party things.

Hi everyone!

That is doable, especially if the party is run like mnsshp has been. You'll need to check back here after the first mvmcp to see how things happen during the first few parties.

However, if it is like mnsshp, this is what you do.

Line up for jack skellington as close to 4 as possible. If it's like mnsshp, he'll come out at 5. If you're one of the first groups hightail it to the dwarves and you should be good to meet them, assuming they come out around 6ish. Once done with them, go immediately to Scrooge's line, which should start to grow around 6:45. If everything has gone well, you'll meet him within 15 minutes of Official party start.

See Mickey during the first parade, he shouldn't have a line at that time. Meet Santa goofy whenever, then line up for the second parade half an hour before it you want frontier land, 45 minutes of you want the snow and decorations of main Street.

Now again, check back here to see how they handle jack and the dwarves during the first party just to be sure.

In the first post it says that you can add memory maker for the party for just $39.99. How do you do that? When I try to add it, it says $149. We are only going for the party so for $39.99 we would definitely do it!

Anybody know how?

You can get it at guest services the day of the party or before if you are there early.

it is one of the last two parties and will likely sell out. If you know you are going, I would go head and get the tickets. We are going that date too. There are 13 of us so I did not want to take a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter