***Official May 2023 Thread***

:thumbsup2 Just added you to the list! I'm on the fence about the After Hours. I'm considering the HS AH and since we're DVC, I get a $30 discount but I'm definitely not a night owl and DH refuses to do it. He's done it once and he won't do it again, so if I did go, I would go solo.:sad2: If it were during the holiday season, I would more likely do it because of the decorations. That's when we did it last time and it's like a bonus. I am also waiting on dates to decide. I will definitely do the EP EEH as I can just walk there. I love that about the Epcot resorts. I don't mind popping over there by myself and it won't cost me more.

We have such a long trip that we plan on forgoing the paid AH events and just taking advantage of EEH, but I really need to see what the situation is like at HS once RNRC goes down for refurb because I feel like wait times will be such a nightmare between that and this emergency maintenance closing down a TT shaft that we may actually spring for HS AH anyway, if it's as bad as I suspect.

Finally posting it: May 5th thru the 12th staying at BW Villas total of 8 of us! Thinking these are my reservations when we make them:

Trail's End
Sci Fi (going for the experience with a couple of kiddos)
Garden Grill (because I love it)
The Edison
Walking around the booths in Epcot
Ale and Compass for a date night
La Hacienda de San Angel
Tutto Italia
Finally becoming real. It's been since 2016 that we have been there - crazy I know!!!

Finally posting it: May 5th thru the 12th staying at BW Villas total of 8 of us! Thinking these are my reservations when we make them:

Trail's End
Sci Fi (going for the experience with a couple of kiddos)
Garden Grill (because I love it)
The Edison
Walking around the booths in Epcot
Ale and Compass for a date night
La Hacienda de San Angel
Tutto Italia
Finally becoming real. It's been since 2016 that we have been there - crazy I know!!!
:thumbsup2 Just added you to the list!

Is anyone else planning yet? I feel like I spend the whole time between booking and actually going, just planning away. I plan way too much for how few trips I've actually taken to WDW. I like the research and knowing all I can know to make our trip as smooth and fun as possible. This will be my 6th (3rd as an adult) and our nuclear family's 2nd. I'm excited that my youngest is over 48" so we can all ride everything together! No more rider switch!🎉

Hi everyone! We are super excited for our upcoming trip! It will be myself, DH and our oldest DD18. It’s actually her graduation trip, but she will be finishing her first year of college just before we leave! We couldn’t make it work last summer, so here we are! We’ll be staying at POP May 10-15. We’ll be going to Universal 2 days (her request, she LOVES HP) and 2 days at Disney, (which doesn’t seem like enough but we have hoppers at least!) then we’re stopping in New Orleans for 2 nights on our way home because we all just love NOLA!!

Hi everyone! We are super excited for our upcoming trip! It will be myself, DH and our oldest DD18. It’s actually her graduation trip, but she will be finishing her first year of college just before we leave! We couldn’t make it work last summer, so here we are! We’ll be staying at POP May 10-15. We’ll be going to Universal 2 days (her request, she LOVES HP) and 2 days at Disney, (which doesn’t seem like enough but we have hoppers at least!) then we’re stopping in New Orleans for 2 nights on our way home because we all just love NOLA!!
Welcome to the thread! :thumbsup2 I just added you to the list!

Is anyone else planning yet? I feel like I spend the whole time between booking and actually going, just planning away. I plan way too much for how few trips I've actually taken to WDW. I like the research and knowing all I can know to make our trip as smooth and fun as possible. This will be my 6th (3rd as an adult) and our nuclear family's 2nd. I'm excited that my youngest is over 48" so we can all ride everything together! No more rider switch!🎉
I guess if constantly switching resorts is planning then yeah, I've been doing a lot of that. 😃 I'm finally settled on BWV though since our waitlist came in for that first night so NO split staying this trip. DH is very happy about that! I also cannot for the life of me decide which ticket to purchase. How many days, park hopper? I'm trying to decide whether to do HS AH or not and that will affect how many days I want on my ticket. I'm not a spring chicken and 9:30-10:00 is a little late for me and DH refuses to do it. He did it once and it's a one-and-done for him. I'm also kind of used to an AP which was a no-brainer. We didn't do as much park time on our last trip because of the extra expense but since we're at BWV and close to EP I wanted to do more. I've been all over the place the last couple of trips and it's not as planned out at this point as it used to be when FP was around and ADRs were available so far in advance.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Resurrecting my account as I'm returning to WDW for the first time in almost 20 years, and taking my daughter along for the ride! I'm planning on being there the first week of May (which is usually less busy?) - am planning on 1 day per park + 1 extra day in MK (on a Thursday). Does anyone have an idea of whether the park reservations would be expected to fully book up during that lighter week? If my daughter decided she'd rather revisit another park other than MK, how easy would it be/how likely could we change our reservation? Thanks!

Hi everyone! Resurrecting my account as I'm returning to WDW for the first time in almost 20 years, and taking my daughter along for the ride! I'm planning on being there the first week of May (which is usually less busy?) - am planning on 1 day per park + 1 extra day in MK (on a Thursday). Does anyone have an idea of whether the park reservations would be expected to fully book up during that lighter week? If my daughter decided she'd rather revisit another park other than MK, how easy would it be/how likely could we change our reservation? Thanks!
On our last December 2021 trip the parks were pretty busy and I was able to change our park reservations a day or two before a couple of times. I would also get notifications that certain parks were available throughout our stay. Of course, there's no guarantee that will happen regularly. It was mostly for MK & HS so maybe Disney just decided to raise capacity although I didn't receive any on the very day.

Last edited:
Hi! We’re going to be there April 29 - May 6. It was supposed to be the first trip for our kids, but I got too excited planning it last summer that we ended up doing a mini 3 day trip in December to hold me over 😬

On our last December 2021 trip the parks were pretty busy and I was able to change our park reservations a day or two before a couple of times. I would also get notifications that certain parks were available throughout our stay. Of course, there's no guarantee that will happen regularly. It was mostly for MK & HS so maybe Disney just decided to raise capacity although I didn't receive any on the very day.
Thanks! How did you get notifications about park availability? Was it from the app? Do you have to sign up for notifications specifically for this?

Thanks! How did you get notifications about park availability? Was it from the app? Do you have to sign up for notifications specifically for this?
I'm not 100% sure. I also get notifications from Disney but I think it may have been from the app.

I wish Disney would announce the next set of dates for the after hours events. I am debating on doing the after hour paid events vs. the extended hours for deluxe guests. It’s hard to try to plan such a short trip not knowing the schedule yet. I am also hoping to squeeze in a tour ( Wild Trek Africa or Keys to the Kingdom) and a massage at GF.

I can’t wait to get back to Disney!

With our short trip, I'm hoping for the after hours events. Do we know if the extra evening hours for deluxe resorts will be continuing? We'll have a decision to make.

I haven't looked much in to planning, yet. We have a cruise next Saturday (not Disney) and it's making me go 🤨 at this point. I mean, it's bad enough that I reached out to my TA, she said "nah" and then came back a week later and said "yeah, that is a thing and I got them to give you X, Y,and Z," which is never a great harbinger for a trip. But, like Disney trips, we'll see how things really are when we get on board.

My two remaining friends are on the fence.

This is on the WDW website about EEH:

Our popular extended evening hours benefit will continue beyond the 50th Anniversary celebration throughout all of 2023. Extended evening hours are typically held at Magic Kingdom park on Wednesdays, and EPCOT on Mondays.

This is on the WDW website about EEH:

Our popular extended evening hours benefit will continue beyond the 50th Anniversary celebration throughout all of 2023. Extended evening hours are typically held at Magic Kingdom park on Wednesdays, and EPCOT on Mondays.

Thanks. I guess it's more I'll believe it when I see it (even though they said it's a thing, so who knows what's up with me).

Just booked a mid May trip at Boardwalk! Little nervous about the construction, but we spend most of our times in the parks anyway and you can't beat that location.

It will be my parents, my aunt, my youngest and his girlfriend who are graduating from high school.

We'll be doing a 4-day park hopper and most likely getting Genie+ most days. We've used it twice before and I had success with it. I know that's not everyone's experience though. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure about dining this trip though.....

Looking forward to planning with everyone else!

Just booked a mid May trip at Boardwalk! Little nervous about the construction, but we spend most of our times in the parks anyway and you can't beat that location.

It will be my parents, my aunt, my youngest and his girlfriend who are graduating from high school.

We'll be doing a 4-day park hopper and most likely getting Genie+ most days. We've used it twice before and I had success with it. I know that's not everyone's experience though. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure about dining this trip though.....

Looking forward to planning with everyone else!
If you share your dates with me, I'll add you to the list.

Our magic bands arrived today! Oh, yeah, I'm definitely over-preparing. But I'm so excited. Glad I coughed up the money for the MagicBand+ for my kiddo -- she was so excited just seeing the colors light up (she's 4, so pretty easy to delight).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter