***Official May 2023 Thread***

Ill be heading down again next May 11-20. Staying at Saratoga Springs on our arrival day then checking into Fort Wilderness on the 12th through the 20th. First time renting a camper and golf cart but not my first time at the Fort.

Hi. Going from 3rd May to 11th May. First trip to Disney World..myself,my husband and two girls,age 7 and 10. Staying at Floridays. My husband and kids are big movie fans and enjoy CGI so really into marvel, jurassic park etc. Is Universal Studios the park for this? Is there any part of disney that shows how the films are made? Film sets etc. Thanks. Carmel

Hi. Going from 3rd May to 11th May. First trip to Disney World..myself,my husband and two girls,age 7 and 10. Staying at Floridays. My husband and kids are big movie fans and enjoy CGI so really into marvel, jurassic park etc. Is Universal Studios the park for this? Is there any part of disney that shows how the films are made? Film sets etc. Thanks. Carmel

While there is a new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster at Epcot, the overwhelming majority of Marvel stuff at the Disney parks is out in California due to legal rights issues dating from prior to Disney owning Marvel. Universal has the theme park rights to most of the Marvel characters east of the Mississippi. You’ll have to ask others about the Uni parks as I avoid them for ethical reasons.

One of the last vestiges of the “how do they make movies” stuff that Hollywood Studios was initially themed around is the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, which is a show that goes into how stunts are done and is a must do imo. There is also One Man’s Dream which is a fun little exhibit more generally about Walt Disney’s life and career but usually has some costumes on display from recent live action movies. Launch Bay was a similar exhibit with models, costumes, props, etc from various Star Wars movies but since the Covid re-opening I don’t even know what’s there anymore (I know the character meet and greets there re-opened recently, but I don’t know about the exhibits).

There really aren’t many “behind the scenes” things about films at the parks anymore, and nothing specifically about Marvel. To be honest you’ll be better off watching the various Marvel Assembled shows on Disney+ for that.

:thumbsup2 Just added you to the list!

Ill be heading down again next May 11-20. Staying at Saratoga Springs on our arrival day then checking into Fort Wilderness on the 12th through the 20th. First time renting a camper and golf cart but not my first time at the Fort.
:mickeyjum Just added your dates to the list!

I'm really hoping Tron will be open by my trip!
Surely it will be! I'm bummed that Splash will be down while we're there for the retheming. My youngest will never get to ride it in its original form. So sad. She is big enough to ride it now but she wasn't before.

Counting down to our May 3-12 trip (18 weeks from today) and hoping for the nearly perfect weather we enjoyed last year. Traveling with my husband and daughter, who will have just completed her second year of pharmacy school. We will be trying out the VGF resort studios for the first time. I can hardly wait! I will be attempting to book a December Aulani trip while we are on our May WDW visit. Wish me luck!

Counting down to our May 3-12 trip (18 weeks from today) and hoping for the nearly perfect weather we enjoyed last year. Traveling with my husband and daughter, who will have just completed her second year of pharmacy school. We will be trying out the VGF resort studios for the first time. I can hardly wait! I will be attempting to book a December Aulani trip while we are on our May WDW visit. Wish me luck!
:thumbsup2 I just added you to the list! As for Aulani...🤞

May I ask what the weather was like for you last year, anecdotally? We arrive May 1. I'm not the best in the heat and so am likely overpreparing with cooling towels, portable fans, and the like--in addition to planning midday ADRs and other AC-friendly breaks. I know the average high for May as a whole is 88*F but I'm hoping earlier in May tends to be less on the humid side!

Congrats to your daughter btw and good luck for Aulani!

May I ask what the weather was like for you last year, anecdotally? We arrive May 1. I'm not the best in the heat and so am likely overpreparing with cooling towels, portable fans, and the like--in addition to planning midday ADRs and other AC-friendly breaks. I know the average high for May as a whole is 88*F but I'm hoping earlier in May tends to be less on the humid side!

Congrats to your daughter btw and good luck for Aulani!
We visit WDW every May, and have another trip planned for May 2023.

Usually, it's hot but with modest humidity. Specifically, if you stand in the sun for a bit, you feel the heat. But once you get in a shaded area, it's comfortable.

We visit WDW every May, and have another trip planned for May 2023.

Usually, it's hot but with modest humidity. Specifically, if you stand in the sun for a bit, you feel the heat. But once you get in a shaded area, it's comfortable.
I can do hot without humidity! Thank you :)

I'm sure I'll look super chic with my sun hat and cooling towels. My daughter will definitely think I'm stylish.

Going May 12-20th, staying in 2 bedroom at Riviera, so excited! Can’t wait to do Guardians and Tron. Also bringing a first time visitor with us, so looking forward to seeing Disney through their eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter