Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DisneyPeachNJ! :wave2:

Do you mind sharing some details behind the cake you ordered - size, buttercream or fondant, special fillings/flavors, etc... Curious as to what type of cake $73 will get you....

I plan on ordering something for just DH & I to celebrate (i.e., thank him) becoming DVC members at BCV. I can't decide if I want to order a mini-cake with some tuxedo strawberries from Private Dining and have it delivered to the room or walk to pick up a "surprise" at BB.

Thank you!!

We couldn't do the mini cake in a design similar to our wedding cake, so it's a "tall" cake. Fondant with silver Mickey stamps with mini Mickey ear cake toppers.
I needed a dairy free cake, so we're limited to basic vanilla cake and filling.

It's just for the two of us, being delivered to Flying Fish after dinner.

Ok, this is a little of what I am afraid of. I requested special flavors (chocolate cake with peanut butter and chocolate ganache filling), so I am hoping they can't really just stick something on a regular cake and get away with it.
Ok, this is a little of what I am afraid of. I requested special flavors (chocolate cake with peanut butter and chocolate ganache filling), so I am hoping they can't really just stick something on a regular cake and get away with it.

Well, I'm not sure why. I did say closer to $90. It was around $85 or up, it's been awhile and I cannot remember exactly what I was charged. I just know that since I had to cancel dinner and they didn't say I could pick it up, but they had it delivered to our room, they charged all those charges you get charged when you have food delivered to your room. That's why we never do! I think there was a delivery fee, taxes, gratuity and I don't really remember what all it is. I just know it was way too much for that cake and I don't understand why they couldn't have stuck that Jedi Mickey on a 6" cake either.

I pre-ordered a cake for O'hana on Friday the 12th. There is a new charge on my checking account from 1900 Park Fare. Could this be them charging me for the cake?

I pre-ordered a cake for O'hana on Friday the 12th. There is a new charge on my checking account from 1900 Park Fare. Could this be them charging me for the cake?

That doesn't sound right - 1900 Park Fare is at the Grand Floridian and Ohana is at Polynesian, I would call Disney Dining....

(407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463

That doesn't sound right - 1900 Park Fare is at the Grand Floridian and Ohana is at Polynesian, I would call Disney Dining....

(407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463

Thank you for answering. I finally got through on the phone and it was indeed my charge for the O'hana cake. The Floridian bakery services the Poly. I was getting nervous about the charge!

I just got back from my trip where I ordered a surprise birthday cake for my step-daughter, made by the Contemporary Bakery and delivered to Chef Mickey's. Everything went as planned and our waitress did a wonderful job at keeping it a secret.
Minnie cake.jpgCake inside.jpg

I did request a white ruffle on the bottom, but received red, not a big deal though.

The cake tasted delicious, however I wish I would have listened to others and ordered the 6". I thought paying only $15 more for a 8" would be worth it but with all the Disney food we had a hard time finishing it.

Total cost was $106.

I'm hoping for some suggestions on what to do for multiple birthdays and allergies! We will celebrating both my sons b-days (which are two days apart) and they will be turning 1 and 4. We had my older DS's 1st b-day at Garden Grill and want to do the same for our 2nd DS's 1st b-day as well :earsboy: But here is my dilemma... I would like 2 small cakes since it will only be the 4 of us. Our younger DS is allergic to dairy and for me I need the cake to be gluten free. My older son doesn't have allergies. I wanted 2 mini cakes since two 6" cakes is way too much food but read on this thread that it sounds like at least for allergies I can only get a cake through Babycakes at Epcot.

Do I order the allergy cake through Babycakes and try to get a non-allergy mini cake for my older son? I don't want him to feel bad for getting something different/smaller. I was also hoping for something a bit more special than a cake from Babycakes and wanted Mickey themes for both. Also, should I do both bday celebrations at Garden Grill or do something different for my 4 yr old? The other reservations I have are BOG, BOMA, Whispering Canyon, and Cali Grill.

So so excited I have found this forum.. I have a few questions to ask:
I am staying at the All-Star movies, is cake delivery available there?
My son loves the movie Big Hero 6, as anyone seen Disney make a cake with Baymax?
If delivery to the hotel room isn't an option, which restaurant do you recommend? My son is a picky soon to be 7 year old eater; so preferably somewhere with fries , pizza, or something simple for kids to eat.. I was thinking of Chef's Mickey but I'm not sure yet..

I'm hoping for some suggestions on what to do for multiple birthdays and allergies! We will celebrating both my sons b-days (which are two days apart) and they will be turning 1 and 4. We had my older DS's 1st b-day at Garden Grill and want to do the same for our 2nd DS's 1st b-day as well :earsboy: But here is my dilemma... I would like 2 small cakes since it will only be the 4 of us. Our younger DS is allergic to dairy and for me I need the cake to be gluten free. My older son doesn't have allergies. I wanted 2 mini cakes since two 6" cakes is way too much food but read on this thread that it sounds like at least for allergies I can only get a cake through Babycakes at Epcot.

Do I order the allergy cake through Babycakes and try to get a non-allergy mini cake for my older son? I don't want him to feel bad for getting something different/smaller. I was also hoping for something a bit more special than a cake from Babycakes and wanted Mickey themes for both. Also, should I do both bday celebrations at Garden Grill or do something different for my 4 yr old? The other reservations I have are BOG, BOMA, Whispering Canyon, and Cali Grill.

I'm wondering the same- we are having dinner at Flying Fish on my birthday and I want a cake but it must be gluten free and nut free. I don't mind having a cake from BabyCakes, but I can eat dairy so I'd rather it not be actually vegan. Plus I really want a Disney design since it's always been my dream to celebrate my birthday at Disney! But BabyCakes apparently doesn't do any Disney designs- just a standard cake with buttercream flowers and such.

I'm wondering if BW Bakery can do a cake that is gluten and nut free but not vegan.

We had this delivered to our room at BLT for our anniversary last July. I'm a teacher and my husband works in the golf industry. Center stage is our baby :dog:. I also requested the color scheme since we're Baltimore Ravens fans ;) I thought they did a pretty good job of meshing it all together. We did the peanut butter cup mousse with chocolate cake since that was one of our wedding cake flavors at our Disney wedding!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I'm wondering the same- we are having dinner at Flying Fish on my birthday and I want a cake but it must be gluten free and nut free. I don't mind having a cake from BabyCakes, but I can eat dairy so I'd rather it not be actually vegan. Plus I really want a Disney design since it's always been my dream to celebrate my birthday at Disney! But BabyCakes apparently doesn't do any Disney designs- just a standard cake with buttercream flowers and such.

I'm wondering if BW Bakery can do a cake that is gluten and nut free but not vegan.
I've had good luck with allergy cakes at the contemporary. BW Bakery was not suitable.

Can they do a cake just gluten free or does it have to be vegan?
I'm pretty sure they can just do gluten free. There email is at the beginning of the thread. You'd need an adr at a the MK, Contemporary, Fort Wildernes or Wilderness Lodge. My last cake turned out really well and was only $48. Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

We had this delivered to our room at BLT for our anniversary last July. I'm a teacher and my husband works in the golf industry. Center stage is our baby :dog:. I also requested the color scheme since we're Baltimore Ravens fans ;) I thought they did a pretty good job of meshing it all together. We did the peanut butter cup mousse with chocolate cake since that was one of our wedding cake flavors at our Disney wedding!
I looooooooooove the collar wrapped around the cake ! Amazing! Which bakery did you use?

I looooooooooove the collar wrapped around the cake ! Amazing! Which bakery did you use?

Thanks! That was all their idea! They just asked me a little about us and came up with a cute way to make it all work together. That was my favorite part too! We used the Contemporary and they delivered it to us in our room at BLT.

We are going in September and I want to surprise my husband with a 10th anniversary cake. Who do I contact to have a cake delivered to Narcoosee's?

I think you may be left with Babycakes if you need both gluten and dairy free. I was able to get a gluten free cake from the Contemporary bakery and they carefully watched for cross contamination of my son's other allergens but I don't think they do a dairy free cake or more particularly frosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter