Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered my boyfriend a birthday cake to be delivered to the Plaza in MK. I asked for a mini cake to look like Mickey and here it is :)

View attachment 101878

I love this! I think I might request something just like this for DH's birthday. It's simple and cute, and most importantly made with normal icing! I am not a fan fondant and marzipan, even if it does make beauitful cakes. Thanks for sharing!

b9e0070f-9cfc-4549-9543-8e63f8d0dba9.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Here are the cakes I picked up from the Boardwalk Bakery Monday. The graduation cake was vanilla with vanilla mousse filling. A HUGE hit!! The anniversary was vanilla with strawberry mousse...not such a hit. No one liked the strawberry mousse. Wish we had gone with chocolate filling. Both cakes were very moist. Both 8 inches and both $40 each. I added the cupcakes picks.

I love the design of both of those! Especially the Mickey swirl heads and the roses - me and my dad are HUGE fans of buttercream and could honestly just eat buttercream roses without any cake ;)

Happy to see they are from BW Bakery since our cake will probably come from there! $40 for an 8 inch isn't bad at all! Did the filling cost any extra?

Has anyone been able to order the white chocolate Mickey statue with tuxedo strawberries recently? And if so, where? I had ordered it 10 years ago at the BW Bakery, and I believe it was called the Main Mouse back then, but I'm not positive on that. I'd like to get it again but I'm not sure if its even offered anymore.

You should be able to get the white chocolate Mickey at any Deluxe resort, including BoardWalk Inn. The availability of chocolate-covered strawberries varies by resort, but they seem to be on the private dining menu most places we've stayed. See Post #2 for the phone number for your resort.

Hi Everyone! Fiance and I will be heading to the BC August 31 - Sept. 7 for our disneymoon and I wanted to order a mini-cake (I checked the first page in the forum and YC/BC does do the mini-cakes) as a surprise. Am I right to assume that I can have it delivered to our room? Or would it be easier for me to pick it up (I'm sure I can find a reason to "disappear" for a minute to grab it). We are doing 2 signature dinners that week but I was thinking a cake in the room on one of the nights we don't have anything special planned would be a nice surprise.

If anyone has any advice/past experiences with ordering from the YC/BC or mini-cakes it would be super appreciated! I've never ordered a cake before in Disney so this is all new to me lol!

Thanks in advance!

I'm super excited to have found reservations to Chef Mickeys and BOG for my trip on 8/27-9/1.. Now it comes down to when to have the birthday cake ! I have a couple of cake ideas for a Big Hero 6 theme. If worse comes to worse I'm sure my 6 year old son would appreciate Perry or Mickey ..

My dilemma is should I have the cake for our breakfast reservation? I know cake sounds silly for breakfast but our reservation is for 10:50. Assuming it's going to be busy ( it's on a Saturday) we will probably get seated at around ~11:20 and by the time we finish eating it'll be noon.. Or should I wait for dinner at BOG at 8:30? Would they have the cake that late in the day ? Thanks in advance :)

Hi Everyone! Fiance and I will be heading to the BC August 31 - Sept. 7 for our disneymoon and I wanted to order a mini-cake (I checked the first page in the forum and YC/BC does do the mini-cakes) as a surprise. Am I right to assume that I can have it delivered to our room? Or would it be easier for me to pick it up (I'm sure I can find a reason to "disappear" for a minute to grab it). We are doing 2 signature dinners that week but I was thinking a cake in the room on one of the nights we don't have anything special planned would be a nice surprise.

If anyone has any advice/past experiences with ordering from the YC/BC or mini-cakes it would be super appreciated! I've never ordered a cake before in Disney so this is all new to me lol!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, private dining will deliver the cake to your room. We have had cakes delivered while we were in the room and while we were out as a surprise. I have had this at GF & WL, no experience with YC/BC but it should be similar.

You should be able to get the white chocolate Mickey at any Deluxe resort, including BoardWalk Inn. The availability of chocolate-covered strawberries varies by resort, but they seem to be on the private dining menu most places we've stayed. See Post #2 for the phone number for your resort.

Thanks! I'm at he Poly this time, but I'll check that out.

I love the design of both of those! Especially the Mickey swirl heads and the roses - me and my dad are HUGE fans of buttercream and could honestly just eat buttercream roses without any cake ;)

Happy to see they are from BW Bakery since our cake will probably come from there! $40 for an 8 inch isn't bad at all! Did the filling cost any extra?
No, they offered me the choice of vanilla bean, chocolate, strawberry, and passion fruit mousse. I sent pics of what I wanted and they made it identical! Down to the amount of roses and mickey swirls I had on each cake! It was $85 w/tax for both. We picked up, so no fee

Thanks in advance!

I'm heading there next week - Beach Club, ordered a mini cake for in room delivery at 4pm, I'll report how it goes!
(I debated on ordering and picking it up at Boardwalk Bakery, or making a reservation at the Yachtclub Captain's Grill... there are so many choices, I didn't think we could go wrong with any of them! DH would prefer the in room as opposed to having it delivered to a restaurant, and he does not like fondant at all... so we shall see how this goes!)

No, they offered me the choice of vanilla bean, chocolate, strawberry, and passion fruit mousse. I sent pics of what I wanted and they made it identical! Down to the amount of roses and mickey swirls I had on each cake! It was $85 w/tax for both. We picked up, so no fee

Thanks for the info! We may have to try the vanilla bean mousse if it's gluten free. That sounds delicious!

My dilemma is should I have the cake for our breakfast reservation? I know cake sounds silly for breakfast but our reservation is for 10:50. Assuming it's going to be busy ( it's on a Saturday) we will probably get seated at around ~11:20 and by the time we finish eating it'll be noon.. Or should I wait for dinner at BOG at 8:30? Would they have the cake that late in the day ? Thanks in advance :)

You can get a cake delivered at any time of day. I'd do breakfast, though, since everyone's probably going to want to try something from the dessert trolley at Be Our Guest. :goodvibes

I'm heading there next week - Beach Club, ordered a mini cake for in room delivery at 4pm, I'll report how it goes!
(I debated on ordering and picking it up at Boardwalk Bakery, or making a reservation at the Yachtclub Captain's Grill... there are so many choices, I didn't think we could go wrong with any of them! DH would prefer the in room as opposed to having it delivered to a restaurant, and he does not like fondant at all... so we shall see how this goes!)

i think the in-room delivery is the way to go! good luck with yours and i hope you have a great trip! can't wait to hear about your cake

When should I order the cake that I want delivered/ picked up on September 10th? I've heard not to order too far in advance since they can possibly misplace the order, but I also need the cake gluten free so I wanted them to have plenty of notice for that request.

Thanks in advance!

I had two cakes ordered and delivered to our room at BCV in 2013. The first one, I had them deliver on our arrival day and we waited in the room because I wanted to see it! The second cake was delivered later in the trip when we were of the room and was left in our refrigerator. Just remember that you will charged an additional 18% service fee on the cake to be delivered by private dining just like any other private dining order. Hope this helps!

We ordered 3 cakes in 2013 from CR to be delivered to WL. Today I ordered through Pat at the GF for deliver to Poly. We had to pay today. This was the first time we have not been able to charge to our room. Is this a new policy or just a GF policy?

b9e0070f-9cfc-4549-9543-8e63f8d0dba9.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Here are the cakes I picked up from the Boardwalk Bakery Monday. The graduation cake was vanilla with vanilla mousse filling. A HUGE hit!! The anniversary was vanilla with strawberry mousse...not such a hit. No one liked the strawberry mousse. Wish we had gone with chocolate filling. Both cakes were very moist. Both 8 inches and both $40 each. I added the cupcakes picks.
Hope you don't mind a copycat! I love these cakes and today I ordered the red and white one to have on our trip next week. We are celebrating the end of a terrific school year. Contemporary bakery will make ours. Hope it looks as great as yours did.

Hope you don't mind a copycat! I love these cakes and today I ordered the red and white one to have on our trip next week. We are celebrating the end of a terrific school year. Contemporary bakery will make ours. Hope it looks as great as yours did.
Awesome!! I hope you enjoy it! I ordered the cupcakes toppers from ETSY. If you want to add some to your cake, just search mickey cupcake toppers. The lady I ordered from had lots of characters and designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter