Official AUGUST 2008 CODES to be posted here please!!:)

We are planning on going next AUg to celebrate our 30th Wedding anniversary and 1 college graduate and 1 high school graduate. WE have a lot to celebrate.

WE don't know where we want to stay. I will probably need two rooms or a family suite. Did the family suite have a discount this past Aug? I think the boys would love that. Older one loves a full size bed and they both hate sharing a bed.

Hey, we are planning to go next August to celebrate out 25th anniversary, our oldest son's college graduation and our youngest son's high school graduation! :banana: What time of August are you planning on going? Our AAA office told me they hardly ever include family suites at ASMu in discounts. I don't know how true that is, but after looking at the fold out chair-beds my college age daughter and the guys said they would rather sleep in regular beds. So I think we are looking at two rooms with double beds one of the value resorts.

Congrats on all the celebrations!

That is bologna on the no discount for the family suites. I just booked one for 8/3-8/10 at a AAA rate of $147.20. Total for the 7 nights is $1165 including tax. If I wanted a standard room instead, the rate for the week is $518, again, including tax. So if your family situation is such that you want 2 rooms, then that is a little cheaper. I am looking forward to having the extra space for me and my 9 YO nephew and the little kitchen area will be handy.

Did you book this for next year or did you go this year? That is a great price. I will have an 18 and 23 year old (yes we stillcan't ditch them)

Those rates are for August 3-10, 2008. Have you called to see if the AAA rates are available for your dates?

Subscribing...would LOVE to go again in August 2008...can you combine the AAA discount, the Disney Visa discount, and the promos or am I being greedy?

Those rates are for August 3-10, 2008. Have you called to see if the AAA rates are available for your dates?

My AAA agent checked for us for the 12-19th and she said the family suites are all booked up. IMGONNABE40!, did you have a special code for the rates you got?

My AAA agent checked for us for the 12-19th and she said the family suites are all booked up. IMGONNABE40!, did you have a special code for the rates you got?

No, I called Disney directly--I don't like to use a travel agent unless I have to to get a AAA rate on a package. I asked if a AAA rate was available on a suite at ASMu for my dates. I had to give my AAA # to reserve the room. I have room only. I will work up a budget to see what I will spend on food and tix. If/when a code comes out, I will see if it beats my room only plus what I budgeted for food and tix.

Edited! I just looked on www.waltdisneyworld.com and they are showing the family suites available for 8/12-19/08. The rate on line is $1456. You can call Disney directly and ask for the AAA rate on the suite. The # I called is (407)939-7675. You will only need a AAA TA if you want the AAA rate and the dining plan. If you really want the suite, book room only at the AAA rate and see if a code comes out that makes DP worth it. Or, you can let your TA know you were able to book what you wanted at the AAA rate, and have the agent book the same thing with a package, if that is what you want. (You may want to consider another agent)

No, I called Disney directly--I don't like to use a travel agent unless I have to to get a AAA rate on a package. I asked if a AAA rate was available on a suite at ASMu for my dates. I had to give my AAA # to reserve the room. I have room only. I will work up a budget to see what I will spend on food and tix. If/when a code comes out, I will see if it beats my room only plus what I budgeted for food and tix.

Edited! I just looked on www.waltdisneyworld.com and they are showing the family suites available for 8/12-19/08. The rate on line is $1456. You can call Disney directly and ask for the AAA rate on the suite. The # I called is (407)939-7675. You will only need a AAA TA if you want the AAA rate and the dining plan. If you really want the suite, book room only at the AAA rate and see if a code comes out that makes DP worth it. Or, you can let your TA know you were able to book what you wanted at the AAA rate, and have the agent book the same thing with a package, if that is what you want. (You may want to consider another agent)

I can't get my local AAA agent to call me with quotes! It took four phone calls and 12 days to get my first quote when I asked for some comparisons between resorts (we have six people and wanted the rates for two rooms at a value, a family suite and a Fort Wilderness cabin) and then she didn't quote the MYW tickets I had requested. That was 8 days ago, when I asked her to quote them with the MYW tickets I originally requested. My agent keeps telling me that January is a good month to book with AAA, so I don't know if that is why she keeps putting me off or not. Can any of you recommend a good AAA agent? I think I am giving up on my local one.
I may go with your plan and wait for discounts later for Disney Visa or the public on packages. I have been working the numbers to see if I should just reserve a room only reservation with AAA discount (by calling WDW directly) and get discounted tickets later if the packages do not save us a lot.

I can't get my local AAA agent to call me with quotes! It took four phone calls and 12 days to get my first quote when I asked for some comparisons between resorts (we have six people and wanted the rates for two rooms at a value, a family suite and a Fort Wilderness cabin) and then she didn't quote the MYW tickets I had requested. That was 8 days ago, when I asked her to quote them with the MYW tickets I originally requested. My agent keeps telling me that January is a good month to book with AAA, so I don't know if that is why she keeps putting me off or not. Can any of you recommend a good AAA agent? I think I am giving up on my local one.
I may go with your plan and wait for discounts later for Disney Visa or the public on packages. I have been working the numbers to see if I should just reserve a room only reservation with AAA discount (by calling WDW directly) and get discounted tickets later if the packages do not save us a lot.

Is there a reason you think you need a TA involved? Why not get the info yourself, and decide what you want to do. I would be happy to point you in the right direction and help you muddle through it. If you tell me your dates, I would be happy to look into it for you.

Is there a reason you think you need a TA involved? Why not get the info yourself, and decide what you want to do. I would be happy to point you in the right direction and help you muddle through it. If you tell me your dates, I would be happy to look into it for you.

No, I really don't want a TA involved unless necessary to purchase a AAA package that only can be reserved through them. I like to be able to log in to WDW to see my own reservations! It appears that most other discounts are equal or greater to the AAA rates, so I hope I don't need to use them.

No, I really don't want a TA involved unless necessary to purchase a AAA package that only can be reserved through them. I like to be able to log in to WDW to see my own reservations! It appears that most other discounts are equal or greater to the AAA rates, so I hope I don't need to use them.

My strategy is to book at the AAA rate now, and see what happens with codes and such as it gets closer. That worked well for my upcoming trip in November.

subscribing, I went the last week of August this year and would love to book for next year as soon as possible, but my boyfriend is graduating college in May, and we're not sure where we're going to be...but if I could get a good enough deal I would book regardless (Happy Graduation Honey!!)

what is the AAA rate on value resorts & moderate ones?? I would like the DDP plan as well :)

we went this year for our frist time and we are hooked we want to go back next year , but what are these codes you talk about. We booked with AAA this year and got areally good deal but looking at next year dont now if we can arord what them are showing. Can someone tell me about these codes??

Im thinking (from the history on mousesavers.com) that if there will be any codes released for August 2008 it will happen in June 2008. Im wondering now that if you have a grand gathering (we have a group of 12) and one person has AAA can they apply that to all of our packages? I wonder how that would work, especially since we have already booked our packages through disney. I didnt use a travel agent, I did all the homework by myself.
Yeah me!! Still hoping for some kind of code though. I did apply for a disney Visa and recieved it last week, just in case ya know. I dont plan on making purchases on it though. Just didnt want to be left out in case a promotion came out for card holders. I have to book my airfare in October, hoping that isnt too costly! Anyway, still keeping my eyes and ears open for something good......

I booked an ASMu family suite today for 8/15 to 8/29 with a AAA discount!:cool1:

HI

I'm really confused here, I called my AAA ta and she said that the suites did not qualify for the AAA discounts. I then (since this is a new TA) called Disney directly and they told me that the All star Music Suites were not included in any type of discount programs.

Are you positive that you got a AAA discount on a suite (sleeps 6) at Music.

If so how or who did you go through? Please help we are getting ready to book for next Aug and would really appreciate any help in getting some sort of discount.

Thanks in advance.

We are going in August '08 as a graduation gift for my son (high school) but we are taking a land/sea vacation package and I don't recall having ever seen any discounts for that type of package.

HI

I'm really confused here, I called my AAA ta and she said that the suites did not qualify for the AAA discounts. I then (since this is a new TA) called Disney directly and they told me that the All star Music Suites were not included in any type of discount programs.

Are you positive that you got a AAA discount on a suite (sleeps 6) at Music.

If so how or who did you go through? Please help we are getting ready to book for next Aug and would really appreciate any help in getting some sort of discount.

Thanks in advance.

I called Disney directly and asked to book a suite at ASMu with a AAA rate. They gave me a rate of $166/nt including tax. They said be sure to have my AAA card with me at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter