• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

My costume will be Indiana Jones. Can I take a whip into the park?

I did as Indy a few years ago; that said, I had it circled up and tied to my bag (an old Marine shoulder sling). No one asked about it, but I also didn't unravel and pose with it

I’m attending Boo Bash again tomorrow. Any questions?
I’m not sure how you’re arriving, but I would like to know from anyone how arrival to MK is crowd-wise in the evening, ferry/monorail, and how long the walk is with no trams regarding arriving by driving and TTC. I guess this would be off-property guests/locals/people who don’t want to take Disney buses….I hope this makes sense…lol
And overall, your feel on crowds, not lines specifically, just milling around….I see my date is now sold out :scared:
Thanks!

I guess this used to be Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've never considered getting tickets but we want to go to Disney at the end of August or the beginning of September 2022 so it should be an option of either BB or MNSSHP next year. Are all the rides open during those hours or only certain ones? I read that you can come to the park at 7 pm if you have a ticket to the party and that you don't need to have reservations for MK that day. I am trying to decide if we would want to go to a different park that day (like try another day for RoTR at HS) and then just try to ride the rides at MK with lower wait times during the party?

Small World
BTMR
SDMT
Space Mt.
Splash Mt.
Philharmagic!
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
Jamboree
Laugh Floor
HoP
Maybe Haunted Mansion
Maybe POTC

For sure we couldn't do it in 3 hours but if we get there at 7 pm would it be doable? I am also trying to decide if it might be worth it to get park hoppers to do things we can't do on the day of the party on another day.

With the cost of Boo Bash tickets, its the only park I am doing that day. (1. My time in Orlando us not on a tight schedule. 2. I am opting to do WDW for a fun, relaxing vacation, not a fun, hectic do everything vacation. 3. It’s going to be hot.)

Based on reports from ONE ! party, I think I have an idea of how I can execute a game plan and do everything I want to do with a 7 pm arrival.

7-9
Ride / see the things that will not be open during BB:
Hall of Presidents
Philharmagic
Jamboree? (Don’t remember seeing it, ever)
Tiki Room

Eat at Casey’s Corner
watch fireworks.

Boo Bash
Ride what I want, waiting til later for the popular ones whose queues will have day guests squeezing in that last ride. Probably hitting teacups, Pooh,…early.
Not waiting in line at the beginning for snacks, candy.
Not waiting for a Calvacade. If I see one go by, I’ll stop and watch; well, the less sinister ones.

I‘m treating this as my principal MK day for the trip. I may PH on a different day in order to get a Grey Stuff cupcake when Gaston‘s is open.

I’d love to know if they are selling tickets at the gate again and if so (if you’re there earlier in the day) how early they start selling them. Hoping to score tickets for a last minute trip!

ETA - I hope you have a great time!

I have the same question. After they did sell more tickets at the gate opening night, I'm wondering whether I might be able to attend when I'm in town next Tuesday.

Thank you Aunt Lynne! That is so helpful. I was going to pick up candy all night and carry it around. Instead, I'm going to follow your advice and do it at the end of the night and only hit up a few locations, perhaps circling around in line, rather than walking all over the park.
Sounds like excellent advice, except… well, I kinda like to eat candy, specially Halloween candy that was just given to me, and my kids are the same.
We did the party in 2019 and we were lucky we had any left when we got to the hotel. (Full disclosure: it still lasted us for five more days at the parks it was so much)

We're first in our line to enter, but they haven't started admitting boo bash guests yet. We arrived early and went to guest relations outside of MK to see if there was an available ticket for tonight because one member of our party didn't have one. We were successful purchasing one additional ticket, so maybe there is hope in the future for the rest of you trying to get into sold out parties! I will try to share more info later when I can!

We're first in our line to enter, but they haven't started admitting boo bash guests yet. We arrived early and went to guest relations outside of MK to see if there was an available ticket for tonight because one member of our party didn't have one. We were successful purchasing one additional ticket, so maybe there is hope in the future for the rest of you trying to get into sold out parties! I will try to share more info later when I can!
How early did you arrive to ask about the additional ticket?
Hope you guys have a fantastic time!!

I arrived at noon. I didn’t see any signs about boo bash tickets
The wrist band distribution is across from monsters inc, not at monsters inc. subtle difference, but we didn’t notice it, asked 3 Halloween employees who told us to go to city hall, and saw it on the way out of tomorrowland
The wrist bands are a different color tonight. I’m glad Disney is making an effort to keep the scammers out.

I arrived at noon. I didn’t see any signs about boo bash tickets
The wrist band distribution is across from monsters inc, not at monsters inc. subtle difference, but we didn’t notice it, asked 3 Halloween employees who told us to go to city hall, and saw it on the way out of tomorrowland
The wrist bands are a different color tonight. I’m glad Disney is making an effort to keep the scammers out.
Thanks for sharing (and keeping a lookout about signs for tickets)!

It's me again! Didn't see a dedicated Boo Bash thread, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have a strategy question for you experts. My daughter is not a fireworks fan, but she understands that we will be there during fireworks on BB night (no WAY am I missing precious time by not arriving until 9!). Wondering about the best location for her to be out of the big crowd and noise (she'll wear her noise cancelling headphones, too), but where I can maybe see just a little (selfish, I know, but we'll be there in mid-october, and I want to see the anniversary show soooo badly). I was wondering about riding People Mover during the show?? Hanging out in Adventureland? Thanks, as always, for your collective wisdom!

I would personally recommend Frontierland near Splash. You can see them pretty well from there, but they're far enough away that they're not as loud. We've also been able to see them pretty well over near Tomorrowland Speedway, but the view was not as clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter