Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Within the past 3 weeks we took our kids to 3 events that had face characters that fully interacted with kids. IMO it seems like a budget cut for disney hidden behind covid just like the cavalcades, family style, park reservations, etc.
While I imagine the reasons I stated were behind the original reasoning, I do believe that right now it’s mostly safety theatrics for the sake of a public image to maintain. Who knows how long they’ll keep it up?

If you have park hoppers why not park at MK and then monorail over to Epcot? That way you can Monorail back to the party but your car will be in the MK parking lot at the end of the night?

Hi everyone! We are going to Boo Bash on a Friday night and couldn't be more excited. We are going to be in Epcot during the day and have our own transportation. Does anyone know of an easy way to get back to Epcot if we just leave our car there and take the Monorail to MK for the event? Otherwise we aren't opposed to just driving to MK but I figure we would maximize time if we could Monorail to MK. Thanks!

I recall many posts back a person commented they have a friend who works in Disney IT and said that many are cancelling and they are refunding at times. These tickets do not fall back into inventory.. But available day of.
I ask as I was going to book the other day for the 24th. and sold out :( So mad I put it off ugh... so should my DD and I head over at 6 and ask? or any other tips... thanks

I read through the posts, and if this is answered I apologize for missing it - phone/eyes, etc.

We are thinking about going to one of the Christmas parties - and one of my daughters wanted to know if shops were opened and if there were special souvenirs.

I recall many posts back a person commented they have a friend who works in Disney IT and said that many are cancelling and they are refunding at times. These tickets do not fall back into inventory.. But available day of.
I ask as I was going to book the other day for the 24th. and sold out :( So mad I put it off ugh... so should my DD and I head over at 6 and ask? or any other tips... thanks
I don’t think it’d hurt! Let’s see how some more of the dates play out, and even if they release extra tickets

Like previous year's Halloween parties, I have heard and read the trick or treat locations during BOO BASH referred to as "trails". "Trails" in my experience are several actual treat stations at each MK location. Is that true for BOO BASH this year? Or does each location have only one or maybe two treat stations?

Last edited:
Have they been using the bypass over by Tony’s and the Chapeau for party guests entering just at 9:30 while day crowds are coming down Main Street to exit?

I have not been yet, but from what I have seen from vloggers who were there on opening night, most "trails" seemed to have one station and one or two had two stations (Monster's Inc Laugh Florr definitively had 2).

Like previous year's Halloween parties, I have heard and read the trick or treat locations during BOO BASH referred to as "trails". "Trails" in my experience are several actual treat stations at each MK location. Is that true for BOO BASH this year? Or does each location have only one or maybe two treat stations?

I attended MNSSHP at Disney World on the first night in 2018 and the first night in 2019. As I recall, most trick or treat locations only had one spot where a guest received candy. Only a few had two spots where a guest received candy. I don't know what you are referring to as "trails."

My notes from 2019:
Trick or Treat locations were on the map this year (unlike last year):
- The Bypass (when you entered the park you could walk behind a building in an area usually closed)
- Carousel of Progress
- Cosmic Ray’s
- Monsters Inc
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Railroad station in Fantasyland
- Splash Mountain
- Near Splash Mountain
- Country Bears
- Jungle Cruise
- Tortuga Tavern

My notes from 2018:
- Main Street USA near Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Next to the Jungle Cruise
- Next to Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland
- Country Bears Jamboree in Frontierland
- Next to Splash Mountain in Frontierland
- Next to where you get the raft for Tom Sawyer Island in Frontierland
- Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square
- Mickey’s Philharmagic in Fantasyland
- Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland
- Near Under the Sea in Fantasyland
- Near the Barnstormer in Fantasyland
- Near Tomorrowland Speedway in Tomorrowland
- Near Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland
- Monster’s Inc. in Tomorrowland (I got candy at two places the first time I went, at three places the second time I went)

Not to be a downer but I can't see Disney or any company giving refunds for a non-refundable purchase over COVID concerns anymore. It's been a thing for 18 months at this point. Tickets were sold during COVID, so people buying them knew the risks involved.

Except there have been several reports of Disney doing just that and/or providing credit for the tickets. That’s why more tickets were available the day of on night 1.

Except there have been several reports of Disney doing just that and/or providing credit for the tickets. That’s why more tickets were available the day of on night 1.

A credit is not a refund. If people are getting straight up refunds in their bank accounts, then good for them. I just personally don't think at this point it's a valid reason to get a non-refundable purchase refunded from a business perspective. I'm definitely not advocating against it.

A credit is not a refund. If people are getting straight up refunds in their bank accounts, then good for them. I just personally don't think at this point it's a valid reason to get a non-refundable purchase refunded from a business perspective. I'm definitely not advocating against it.

They’ve been doing both as I’ve said. They’ve always done credit but with the state of things getting worse they’ve been doing refunds. It would be a bad look for them not to do refunds, and they don’t mind because they know they can just re-sell them.

Not to be a downer but I can't see Disney or any company giving refunds for a non-refundable purchase over COVID concerns anymore. It's been a thing for 18 months at this point. Tickets were sold during COVID, so people buying them knew the risks involved.
Not first hand information obviously, but I’ve read multiple reports of refunds on the tickets due to the extreme rise in numbers.

I attended MNSSHP at Disney World on the first night in 2018 and the first night in 2019. As I recall, most trick or treat locations only had one spot where a guest received candy. Only a few had two spots where a guest received candy. I don't know what you are referring to as "trails."

My notes from 2019:
Trick or Treat locations were on the map this year (unlike last year):
- The Bypass (when you entered the park you could walk behind a building in an area usually closed)
- Carousel of Progress
- Cosmic Ray’s
- Monsters Inc
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Railroad station in Fantasyland
- Splash Mountain
- Near Splash Mountain
- Country Bears
- Jungle Cruise
- Tortuga Tavern

My notes from 2018:
- Main Street USA near Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Next to the Jungle Cruise
- Next to Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland
- Country Bears Jamboree in Frontierland
- Next to Splash Mountain in Frontierland
- Next to where you get the raft for Tom Sawyer Island in Frontierland
- Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square
- Mickey’s Philharmagic in Fantasyland
- Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland
- Near Under the Sea in Fantasyland
- Near the Barnstormer in Fantasyland
- Near Tomorrowland Speedway in Tomorrowland
- Near Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland
- Monster’s Inc. in Tomorrowland (I got candy at two places the first time I went, at three places the second time I went)

"Trails" as in a length of walkway, defined by ropes and stantions at a given location in the park (for example at Splash Mountain), in which there were multiple treat stations (3 or 4) where CMs handed out candy.

May I ask a dumb question? And I am honestly interested in knowing the answer, 100% not trolling at all. Why do they distance the costumed characters such as Mickey? I would think the head portion of the costume was technically a mask and would keep them safe?

Edit: removed extra letter

Although I blame any “negative” to Disney just trying to make more profit, my thought about this pertains to children.

It’s a lot easier to have an across-the-board no-contact rule than try to explain why you have to distance from Cinderella but you can hug Mickey Mouse. We are supposed to believe that all those characters are real, not people in costumes. (And for a while, even we adults believe it, too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter