Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

But I think the point people are making is that if they are in that situation, they should communicate that. A simple tweet or post on Facebook saying we are looking at the circumstances and due to the cancellations and urgent matters, cannot advise at this time or whatever the reasoning would be fine. I think the main complaint is the silence.

Other races that have not determined cancellation have at least communicated this. Rundisney has not and there lies the problem and rightful complaints

Right. Something like "we will make a decision on or before April 1 would go a long way and April 1 would be a good day because clearly if the parks are still closed april 1 the race isn't happening.

I guess they are worried that cancelling the race will cause a flood of calls cancelling april trips so want to wait until april is decided but like you said a statement to that effect would go a long way vs silence. but I guess right now disney wants to stick with things are opening april 1.

Well, that was sorely lacking.

The key will be determining if they'll reopen the resorts in April. If those stay closed, they'll have to cancel.

exaactly and I'm expecting that decision this weekend mainly due to disney going to packages not having to be paid for until 7 days prior to arrival. I think they'd want to make the announcement outside the 7 day window. Somebody paying for their package on sunday then cancellation monday is not a good look. So I'm betting on something this weekend or monday at the latest.

Ask and you shall receive?! It's almost as if rD is listening here... :rotfl:

So, rundisney, if the parks and resorts are closed anyway you could always still hold the races but just let us do loops back and forth between EPCOT and DHS/Galaxy's Edge... Just saying. :rolleyes1

That would upset me if that was the case. Luckily we have an AKV-Value Studio booked so only 51 points would end up in holding and we live close enough that last minute trips can be done without too much trouble and we have an April Use Year so plenty of time as well.

Yeah, I had 160 pts tied up for the trip with an August use year and either a flight or a 19 hour drive to get down there. I would not have been a happy camper if I'd waited until after work on Monday to cancel my DVC reservation.

If you were to sit down and think how can I do a update and with it being the most useless update possible I don't think you could have come up with a better one. Honestly would have been better not doing one then that. I've gone from there busy and leave them alone to there just stringing us along

Even if they are going to still have the race (very doubtful) they should be offering people to cancel with full refund. I’m as big a Disney supporter as anyone, but not offering that is not cool. Just my opinion.

If you were to sit down and think how can I do a update and with it being the most useless update possible I don't think you could have come up with a better one. Honestly would have been better not doing one then that. I've gone from there busy and leave them alone to there just stringing us along

Agreed. At least state "we plan to make a final decision on the race by this date"

Even if they are going to still have the race (very doubtful) they should be offering people to cancel with full refund. I’m as big a Disney supporter as anyone, but not offering that is not cool. Just my opinion.

They have to. There are a lot of people who plan can't get to the race due to travel restrictions. At an absolute minimum those people need refund/gift card/credit but really should be offered to anybody who isn't doing a race under curreent circumstances

Agreed. At least state "we plan to make a final decision on the race by this date"

I suspect that tips their hand, giving us too much info on when they are deciding full park closure. I'd love to know it though! Still they reference the CDC recommendations, which clearly are that they cancel the race, so I think they're sending that signal.

Running universal for trolls in universal Hollywood has not announced cancellation for a run the week after Star Wars. But they stopped registration at least.

If they don’t offer refunds and maybe offer a Disney gift card only, that’s money Disney would get (gift card) that they would not have gotten otherwise as the person would have to spend it on Disney. That is pretty bad to not close registration at least

I don't mind this as an update. I very much suspect that the people inside WANT to say something but have to coordinate their messages and all, so I at least appreciate something as a "we know you want to know what's going on" gesture.

I suspect that tips their hand, giving us too much info on when they are deciding full park closure. I'd love to know it though! Still they reference the CDC recommendations, which clearly are that they cancel the race, so I think they're sending that signal.

Could be. Will be interesting to see what disney does after they finish closing the resorts on friday.

I’m canceling either way, but waiting until they make an announcement so I know my options as far as refunds or credits. I’m pretty sure if I cancel now I lose the race fee with no options. Between recent surgery and covid-19, it just wasn’t meant to be this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter