"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

It'll be 9:15. They are not going to change the parade time for the few of us who complained. I'm sure the parade time is why they dropped it from the Terrace party early this week.
Can’t know for sure until disney officially releases parade times though, which they haven’t yet.

It hasn't been confirmed -- I don't think we learn that until much, much closer to the first party. But to me at least, everything points to 9:15pm again this year.

I agree. The start time for both dessert parties point to 9:15 parade. If they move the parade up, they have to change the dessert party start times and they will need to notify people of that change. Not a huge deal, but some man hours needed there for sure.

Hi all. After last year's experience at MNSSHP where we spent the majority of the party in line to meet Moana for over 3 hours, I wasn't planning on doing it again. It was very crowded, and I later discovered that our late September Tuesday night party had in fact sold out. Anyway, we did a 2nd party on a rainy Friday night at the end of our trip that was much less crowded. We met Jack & Sally, ate at BOG, saw some if Hallowishes from 7DMT, and had tempered our expectations, so it wasn't as big of a disappointment. I wasn't planning on going again since neither party really lived up to my expectations and other things like EMM & HEA Dessert Party were much more enjoyable for us. Now that I am reading about some of the updates, I am second guessing my decision. Are they going to upgrade Hallowishes, or add more projections? If so, I would definitely consider giving it another shot. The blogs I read today did not specifically mention Hallowishes or Boo To You by name. Does that imply changes/updates are coming to those as well? I would really like to meet the 7 Dwarves...

What site are you referring to, link please.

Hi all. After last year's experience at MNSSHP where we spent the majority of the party in line to meet Moana for over 3 hours, I wasn't planning on doing it again. It was very crowded, and I later discovered that our late September Tuesday night party had in fact sold out. Anyway, we did a 2nd party on a rainy Friday night at the end of our trip that was much less crowded. We met Jack & Sally, ate at BOG, saw some if Hallowishes from 7DMT, and had tempered our expectations, so it wasn't as big of a disappointment. I wasn't planning on going again since neither party really lived up to my expectations and other things like EMM & HEA Dessert Party were much more enjoyable for us. Now that I am reading about some of the updates, I am second guessing my decision. Are they going to upgrade Hallowishes, or add more projections? If so, I would definitely consider giving it another shot. The blogs I read today did not specifically mention Hallowishes or Boo To You by name. Does that imply changes/updates are coming to those as well? I would really like to meet the 7 Dwarves...
The website does officially mention Hallowishes amd Boo to You by name....I don’t expect any changes there, at least not this year.

Looking this up... it looks like the 9:15 time wasn't confirmed (and officially released) until 3 days before the first party last year.

They moved to 1 fireworks display in 2017... isn't that why they moved the parade later?
There’s always only been 1 showing of Hallowishes...at least as long as we’ve been going.

Did you send an email? Seems only those that reached out are being contacted.

I did not. I'm not 100% sure we will even be attending the dessert party, but I guess sending an e-mail off can only help and not hurt. I may start drafting one up.

Looking this up... it looks like the 9:15 time wasn't confirmed (and officially released) until 3 days before the first party last year.

They moved to 1 fireworks display in 2017... isn't that why they moved the parade later?

WDW never came out with an explanation as to why things changed so dramatically. They have never been in the business of explaining their decisions. WE are to take it as is or go somewhere else. Unfortunately for Disney, many are doing just that. I hear Universal's Halloween Horror night is AMAZING! It's something we're considering next year instead of Disney. :eek:

Just curious what’s pointing to that time?

It's all circumstantial, but the move later last year and this year them not including the parade viewing and the timing of the dessert parties.

It seems like offering a 2nd parade viewing is the best solution. Who knows what they will actually do, however...

I agree. The start time for both dessert parties point to 9:15 parade. If they move the parade up, they have to change the dessert party start times and they will need to notify people of that change. Not a huge deal, but some man hours needed there for sure.
If they are going to include any parade viewing, though, the parade will need to be much earlier, like it was in 2016. The start time for the dessert party (which was only supposed to include desserts) only ties to Hallowishes. They could still do the first parade earlier.

Or they have parade pp get a sort of "After fireworks" dessert party, and get to stay longer to eat-? Or maybe they have the reserved parade view closer to the hub so it is easier to get to the terrace.

I may have to bring some ziplocks to take desserts in our candy bags.

It's all circumstantial, but the move later last year and this year them not including the parade viewing and the timing of the dessert parties.

It seems like offering a 2nd parade viewing is the best solution. Who knows what they will actually do, however...

If they choose to do the second parade, that will hurt! Too much to get done before the night is over! And truthfully securing a spot for the second parade has never been an issue especially on a sold out party which is all I've ever known.

Last edited:
Funny how we’re spending so much time talking about something that (roughly) 100ish people do per night (or whatever the number is!). (Whispers, kind of happy I didn’t cancel my reservations yet....)

But FWIW, we watched the first parade on 10/5 last year from Town Square / curb in front of the train station. Wreck-it-Ralph was going by at 9:48 pm. I have a pic of us walking away at 9:54pm. So, good call on whoever estimated the time above.

ETA, the Boo to You Parade sign (the start of the parade) got to us at 9:39pm, for reference.

Last edited:
Based on what your saying ^ I would forego the dessert party and focus on your itinerary. The other events you're planning sound much more important and fun.
You’re definitely right, I’m going to cancel the Hallowishes party and redirect those funds to the FEA party at Epcot.

WDW never came out with an explanation as to why things changed so dramatically. They have never been in the business of explaining their decisions. WE are to take it as is or go somewhere else. Unfortunately for Disney, many are doing just that. I hear Universal's Halloween Horror night is AMAZING! It's something we're considering next year instead of Disney. :eek:
I wish we were Horror people because that event does look incredible, I just don’t enjoy being scared at all.

So it looks like Big Thunder Mountain is closer during the party! Disappointing, but I’m gathering it has been closed for parties in the past?

I had sent an email as well, and received a phone call today! I wasn’t available but will call back tomorrow :)

When I had heard about last year’s fiasco with the parade viewing being taken away, I took a screen shot of the dessert party description when it clearly stated reserved viewing. I included that in the email and am glad I did, because I didn’t realize until today that the description had changed on the WDW website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter