• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My speculation is that they hope most people won't come ask. But those who do, they will put in the VIP section (train station?).

Last edited:
I still stand by my decision and see this becoming were they have to offer to all or no one. They will run into huge problems with complaints if both people pay the same price and don't get the same offerings.
I’m with you there. How do they possibly manage this? And where do they put what will likely be only a family or 2 per party? I doubt folks outside this board complained, so how many people is that, really, compared to all that have booked? They’ve got to do all it nothing IMO.

I’m with you there. How do they possibly manage this? And where do they put what will likely be only a family or 2 per party? I doubt folks outside this board complained, so how many people is that, really, compared to all that have booked? They’ve got to do all it nothing IMO.

I think it's pretty straightforward... they are going to honor what the website said when you paid. If it said parade (which means prior to 6/18), you get the parade. If it didn't say it included the parade, you don't.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty straightforward... they are going to honor what the website said when you paid. If it said parade (which means prior to 6/18), you get the parade. If it didn't say it included the parade, you don't.

The lesson is to screenshot everything we have questions about where it really includes that...
So I booked it before 6/18 but canceled it when they took parade off the website. So assuming I can call, plead my case, switch back to terrace and get them to “grandfather” me into the parade viewing.... but I won’t have any details on where to go, or what time, until the night of the party?! And I’m just supposed to go on blind faith that they’re going to honor what they told me on the phone when they had no intention of honoring what was on the website until people called them out about it? Not sure I trust that plan...

So I booked it before 6/18 but canceled it when they took parade off the website. So assuming I can call, plead my case, switch back to terrace and get them to “grandfather” me into the parade viewing.... but I won’t have any details on where to go, or what time, until the night of the party?! And I’m just supposed to go on blind faith that they’re going to honor what they told me on the phone when they had no intention of honoring what was on the website until people called them out about it? Not sure I trust that plan...

I don't think they want to email everyone because they are counting on most people who booked already to either (a) look back and say, "oh, no parade, huh". or (b) cancel with no parade. Not too many people (other than us) will email or call...

Last edited:
I don't understand why they don't just offer it like they used to. It doesn't cost them anything (except maybe a staff person to make sure people entering the area paid for the dessert party) and it will increase their sales for the party. The only reason we paid the outrageous price (and accepted missing a lot of party time) is because my 80 year old mother is coming to her first (and likely only) party and wants to see the parade more than anything.

I have no idea what they intend to do, but if they limit the viewing to those that booked prior to 6/18, it would be extremely easy to do by simply putting the “two families per party” in the Backstage/Tech Groups VIP viewing area that is typically located adjacent to the train station for every parade. This group chooses a couple families for each parade (we’ve been “chosen” 3 times) to move to their area. Using this area would make it very easy.

I think Winston has gone home for the day so I will have to try tomorrow or most likely if Winston is important Monday. I will report back for sure. Maybe I will tell him that a friend booked and cancelled too is it ok to give them his phone number and then I can help my fellow Disers out that didn't email???

So for those that have gotten the calls today, have they said which parade? Not much good to honour parade viewing if it's for the first one and they leave the start time at 9:15 because it will be at the same time as the desserts.
This is really not making sense.

I have no idea what they intend to do, but if they limit the viewing to those that booked prior to 6/18, it would be extremely easy to do by simply putting the “two families per party” in the Backstage/Tech Groups VIP viewing area that is typically located adjacent to the train station for every parade. This group chooses a couple families for each parade (we’ve been “chosen” 3 times) to move to their area. Using this area would make it very easy.
Well I admit using that area would be a viable option, personally I’d be pretty bummed if that was the reserved viewing location. I want to be on ground level when the horseman glides by, or the gravediggers start scraping their shovels! Of course, the website never said where the viewing would be in the first place, but we all assumed the flagpole as in prior years.

Well I admit using that area would be a viable option, personally I’d be pretty bummed if that was the reserved viewing location. I want to be on ground level when the horseman glides by, or the gravediggers start scraping their shovels! Of course, the website never said where the viewing would be in the first place, but we all assumed the flagpole as in prior years.

It’s always on the ground level.

I would LOVE a contact email for those who are saying they’ll get parade viewing. I just tried to cal guest services and the guy didn’t even know a single thing about anything! Gah!!

Re: WDW Happy Hallowishes Dessert Parties

Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act

Bait and switch, plus other misleading business tactics, are regulated via the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, a set of laws that protect Florida consumers from deceitful business operations. These statutes allow consumers who have been scammed by companies to sue for various wrongs, including bait and switch.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Wow, it's good that Disney is attempting to honor this. I booked the package with terrace viewing back on 6/1. I will wait patiently to see if I am contacted about it. I am still not sure I will keep the party since we did it last year, but the parade was a big reason I actually booked it again this year.

Hey everyone. So planning on going to party in October. DD17 is looking at being Merida (she has curly red hair so would be perfect). Was going to get her a costume but then saw that adults could not wear full length gowns - is that correct. So, we would have to find a shorter one or have it hemmed up mid calf or so??

My wife is going as Merida, were going in September. She found this cape,

https://www.hottopic.com/product/di...a-cosplay-cape/11075203.html#q=merida&start=1

The cape ends at the waist. So I think it should be fine for the dress code. The cape is very nice quality.

I received a call from Alex. I was unable to take the call, but he said that he had "great news" for me and that the parade viewing had been reviewed and changed for those who booked before 6/18. He left a message asking that I call him back for the details. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter