• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I am definitely not canceling the dessert party!! Winston from Guest Services just called to say since I booked before 6/18 they'd still honor my reserved parade viewing, even though it's not intended to be part of the party this year. I'm so glad! YAY for having a spot on my solo trip with my 7 year old!!!!

Awesome! I hope I get a similar call soon...

I booked this especially for the parade viewing when the website clearly had that it was included. I'm kicking myself for not getting a screen shot of the info at the time. Did anyone catch it and can PM me? I wrote guest services but have not heard back yet.

Thats great but I am hoping to hear the same message from someone who spoke to someone other than Winston as a double confirmation of this.

I'm going to give this until Monday and then contact the person I have been exchanging phone calls with (she gave me her extension so I can actually reach her directly). She's off on Thursdays and Fridays, so I'm hoping I hear from her sometime over the weekend.

I wonder if Winston knows he's the excitement he's causing on here? :rotfl:

I'm encouraged that they appear to be trying to get their act together on this one. But I think they've jumped the gun a bit. What good does it do to say, sure we'll honour it, but then have no details on how? Finish sorting it all out, finalize it and then communicate it. It's like they really haven't learned the underlying lesson here that communicating half finalized information is what got them in trouble in the first place.

Oh well, still sounding more promising than it was a few days ago!

Just got the call from Winston. Sadly I was unable to answer the call but have his number to call him back in a little bit. In his voicemail he did say I think you will be very pleased with the option we have for you. I wonder if he will let me add it back on even though I cancelled it. lol

Just got the call from Winston. Sadly I was unable to answer the call but have his number to call him back in a little bit. In his voicemail he did say I think you will be very pleased with the option we have for you. I wonder if he will let me add it back on even though I cancelled it. lol

Someone else did that! @TISHLOVESDISNEY See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-157#post-59385251"]Post #3140[/URL]

He wanted it to be clear, Disney didn't offer it and then take it away, it was never suppose to be offered. (Kinda figured that)
He said most likely he would be the one in contact with more info, via phone, once they can give the whens and wheres.
Also, it sounded like only those who emailed would be contacted. So I hope you all emailed! :goodvibes

Make sure you ask him when will they update the WDW HalloWishes Terrace Dessert Party site!

He wanted it to be clear, Disney didn't offer it and then take it away, it was never suppose to be offered. (Kinda figured that)
He said most likely he would be the one in contact with more info, via phone, once they can give the whens and wheres.
Also, it sounded like only those who emailed would be contacted. So I hope you all emailed! :goodvibes

Disney might not have intended it to include the parade, however it was clearly in the description and should be honored otherwise it is a bait and switch which is against the law.

"only those who emailed would be contacted" I can see that, however all guests who purchased should be allowed the same provided they purchased prior to 6/18.

This is madness!

I'm referring to "Those who purchased prior to 6/18 will have parade viewing" tid bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter