• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

The only show is Academy of Villains. From what I heard they considered doing either a second show or 10 houses.......and we know what they chose, lol.
So, no show for this year for us.....
sadly disappointed Bill and Ted are a thing in the past.
I adored that show!!!!

I saw academy of villians open and thought it was awful.
Others have said it was a waste of their time.

Nothing to do with the theme of halloween.

I hope I didn't miss this as I went through this board, but I was wondering if there would be the "late park entry, 2pm" ticket (not full day as asked before) to purchase along with HHN ticket? I saw it was offered last year but did not see it at the site. I just booked a last minute trip for a surprise for my daughter's 16th bday. She was so excited to see Stranger Things at the HHN and we have never gone. We are staying at Disney ( I get discounts on resorts there) and plan on one night at HHN with express pass. However entering the park at 2 would be fun to do other rides not open at HHN. It will be the weekend of Columbus day, which I am now seeing is very busy!!:sad2:
I am buying 4 tickets and am trying to purchase the best experience without breaking the bank. Suggestions from the experienced? TIA!!

I hope I didn't miss this as I went through this board, but I was wondering if there would be the "late park entry, 2pm" ticket (not full day as asked before) to purchase along with HHN ticket? I saw it was offered last year but did not see it at the site. I just booked a last minute trip for a surprise for my daughter's 16th bday. She was so excited to see Stranger Things at the HHN and we have never gone. We are staying at Disney ( I get discounts on resorts there) and plan on one night at HHN with express pass. However entering the park at 2 would be fun to do other rides not open at HHN. It will be the weekend of Columbus day, which I am now seeing is very busy!!:sad2:
I am buying 4 tickets and am trying to purchase the best experience without breaking the bank. Suggestions from the experienced? TIA!!

I've never heard of such a ticket, but I've had an AP most of the times I've gone.

So, no show for this year for us.....
sadly disappointed Bill and Ted are a thing in the past.
I adored that show!!!!

I saw academy of villians open and thought it was awful.
Others have said it was a waste of their time.

Nothing to do with the theme of halloween.

AOV is at least horror adjacent since they've done shows about Dracula and such. HHN Hollywood keeps having the Jabbawokees or however its spelled and they're even less on theme. I enjoyed the AOV show in 2016, but I love watching talented dancers performing. I'm interested to see how elaborate their show might be in the FFL auditorium.

I've never heard of such a ticket, but I've had an AP most of the times I've gone.
I just got an email back from them, this year they will not be offering it.. here is what they sent:

"Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort™ Guest Services.

We are committed to providing the most frightening entertainment experience possible during our annual Halloween Horror Nights™ event. I do regret to inform you that we do not have a ticket allowing admission to the park at 2:00PM. We do have an add-on event ticket, if you would like to experience a full day in the park and then enjoy the event.

Halloween Horror Nights™ Add-on Tickets** during Halloween Horror Nights™ 28 will have the following prices^:

Wednesday:

Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 $72.99^ + tax

Sunday – Thursday:

Sept. 16, 20, 23, 30, Oct. 4, 25, 28, Nov. 1 $72.99^ + tax

Oct. 7, 11, 14, 18, 21 $76.99^ + tax

Friday:

Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 26, Nov 2 $83.99^ + tax

Oct. 12, 19 $89.99^ + tax

Saturday:

Sept. 15, 2, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3 $97.99^ + tax

On Halloween Horror Nights™ event dates, Universal Studios Florida™ will close daytime operation at 5:00 PM so that we can prepare for Halloween Horror Nights™ to begin at 6:30 PM. If you are inside the park before 5:00 PM and have a Halloween Horror Nights™ Add-on Ticket for that same evening, you are welcome to remain in the park at a designated waiting area for the event to begin. Our Team Members will be happy to direct you to the location of the waiting area on the day of your visit. You must present your Halloween Horror Nights™ Add-on Ticket to be admitted into the waiting area. If you decide to exit the park for any reason before accessing the holding area, you will be able to re-enter the park for Halloween Horror Nights™ at 6:30 PM with your valid Halloween Horror Nights™ admission ticket.

For additional information on Halloween Horror Nights™, please visit the official Halloween Horror Nights™ website athttp://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/ or the official Halloween Horror Nights™ Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando."

Hope this helps others....

My apologies if this has been asked and answered already. A few years ago I bought what they used to call "Stay & Scream" tickets... the ones you bought if you wanted to hit the park all day and stay for HHN that same night. I don't find that option on the website now. Has this been discontinued?

In case you don't see the recent post, there will be the add on ticket again this year for hhn.

A poster shared their email from UO guest services to confirm it.

In case you don't see the recent post, there will be the add on ticket again this year for hhn.

A poster shared their email from UO guest services to confirm it.
I did see the recent post but that is in reference to a different ticket than I was interested in. I am not looking to add the HHN to a full day ticket, I was hoping for the late day entrance (2pm)park ticket which could be added to the HHN ticket. The email I got from universal (I posted it above) basically said they are not offering it this year (2018) even though it was offered last year. There was a difference in cost for the late day vs. full day that made it worth it for us. As of now we will just do the HHN with express pass. For 4 people I just can't do the full day on top of that! Thanks for the help!

i-7Zr4qjV-XL.jpg

whispers...………

(we love AOV)

Looking forward to it this year...…….think we are in the minority who will not miss B&T...….(sorry :rolleyes1)

Columbas Day weekend is the only weekend we can swing this. Thinking of doing HHN on Sunday night. I cannot for the life of me find park hours for that night. I know HHN starts at 6:30, but what time does it end? And, can you do it “all” in one night? Will it take forever just to get IN the park at 6:30. We weren’t planning to do anything but HHN, so we won’t be in the park before.

It will end at 2:00 am Monday
Talking about the hhn for Sunday Oct 7th.

It will be a busy night for it so be in line for the gate early.
You have ten houses to complete besides the scare zones.

That Sunday is one of the nights I will also be doing hhn.

Looking to meet you then will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.......lol

It will end at 2:00 am Monday
Talking about the hhn for Sunday Oct 7th.

It will be a busy night for it so be in line for the gate early.
You have ten houses to complete besides the scare zones.

That Sunday is one of the nights I will also be doing hhn.

Looking to meet you then will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.......lol

Oy! Will Saturday be worse crowd wise? What time would you say to get in line to get in? We will be catching a flight home Monday, late morning.

Oy! Will Saturday be worse crowd wise? What time would you say to get in line to get in? We will be catching a flight home Monday, late morning.
Saturday has more crowds than Sundays

You are going over the Columbus Day weekend and that weekend always is crowded.

Sunday would be better than Saturday.

If you buy the ep, it will help you to do all the houses before the park closes.

If hhn would begin at 6:30 pm this year, be in line for the entrance to the park one hour prior.

I booked a private rip tour which starts at 6:00 on that weekend.

The hhn park hours are not listed on the website right now so no idea if the general opening time will be 6:30 or earlier.

Thanks again for all the help. I booked a room, now my question is are HHN tickets refundable? My dad has been ill off an on all summer and I'm hesitant to do anything that's not refundable this far out. If not refundable, what are the odds of a Sunday sell out on October 7?

Thanks again for all the help. I booked a room, now my question is are HHN tickets refundable? My dad has been ill off an on all summer and I'm hesitant to do anything that's not refundable this far out. If not refundable, what are the odds of a Sunday sell out on October 7?

Totally Non Refundable I’m afraid.

Doubt very much it’ll be sold out.

I have been going to hhn for the Columbus Day weekend since 2000.

Have only seen one sell out night and that was when it was in both parks for a Saturday night.

I doubt the park will sell out for your date.

Suggest you think about buying the ep so you can get all ten houses done and the scare zones.
Traditionally, Columbus Day weekend packs the crowds.
Saturday is the really packed night with Friday following.
Sunday is up there in crowds but still manageable.

Many peeps that have Monday off work make it a 3 day weekend for a quick trip.

At this point, no idea how ticket sales are going and if Sunday will be highly crowded or moderately crowded.

If you don't buy the ep, do the add on ticket.
Buy the day ticket and hhn ticket for the same day and you will have a slight discount on the hhn ticket.

Like Schumi said, tickets are nonrefundable.

I did see the recent post but that is in reference to a different ticket than I was interested in. I am not looking to add the HHN to a full day ticket, I was hoping for the late day entrance (2pm)park ticket which could be added to the HHN ticket. The email I got from universal (I posted it above) basically said they are not offering it this year (2018) even though it was offered last year. There was a difference in cost for the late day vs. full day that made it worth it for us. As of now we will just do the HHN with express pass. For 4 people I just can't do the full day on top of that! Thanks for the help!

Perhaps you’re thinking of a convention ticket? Not aware of any other tix that offers 2 pm entrance.

Well, unless you’re thinking of MNSSHP and DVC members getting entrance into MK @ 2 ahead of the 4 pm herd.

If you booked onsite, you can use the dedicated entrance. No experience there, always in the park before 5 pm. That large of a crowd at the gates makes me uneasy.

While not refundable, you may be able to ‘transfer’ the tickets to others. Check the back for details.

Hope not, but recently read a comment on a blog (not sure if reputable, mind you) indicting rumor of this year’s individual HHN tix prices possibily increasing as the dates for the parties near.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter