Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

We got Killer Klowns on DVD right before we left on vacation but didn’t get a chance to watch it. Maybe it will keep us awake after our redeye from Hawaii tonight.

Thanks for all the info. We are doing a public tour on Saturday September 22nd so it will likely be pretty busy. I’ll definitely watch for more information. Is it difficult to get into HHN in time for the tour if we choose to stay in IOA? Would we end up needing to spend some of that time in line to get in anyways? If we need to cut into our IOA touring time to get in line for HHN it probably just makes sense to stay grab dinner in one of the holding areas.

It may have changed since but when we did a public tour in 2016 we entered through the "VIP Check In Lobby near the Guest Services Window" and therefore didn't need to go through the turnstiles which made entering the park quicker.

Can’t get nuthin past Andy lol

We got Killer Klowns on DVD right before we left on vacation but didn’t get a chance to watch it. Maybe it will keep us awake after our redeye from Hawaii tonight.

Lucky you. On fence whether to book (points or via cash pre cruise end of April/May). Hope you post a mini TR to share thots on staying there.

I’m excited to see how the house will be different from the Killer Klowns scarezone. I hope they use the carnival house as a way to focus on other aspects of the carnival and not just clowns - maybe focus on animals, a bearded lady, funhouse mirrors, stuff like that. I’m so excited for the scarezone, I don’t want the house and scarezone to mirror each other. Does that make sense?:upsidedow

I’m excited to see how the house will be different from the Killer Klowns scarezone. I hope they use the carnival house as a way to focus on other aspects of the carnival and not just clowns - maybe focus on animals, a bearded lady, funhouse mirrors, stuff like that. I’m so excited for the scarezone, I don’t want the house and scarezone to mirror each other. Does that make sense?:upsidedow

They wont, they have nothing in common really.

They wont, they have nothing in common really.
Besides clowns. And the smell of cotton candy will be in Killer Klowns (obviously assuming they use the cotton candy ray gun blasts), and Carnival Graveyard mentions decaying cotton candy.

But Universal did describe the people in Carnival Graveyard as “carnies”, so maybe they won’t abuse the clown theme. I think a scarezone AND house revolving around clowns is a little much, but maybe that’s just my opinion.

Besides clowns. And the smell of cotton candy will be in Killer Klowns (obviously assuming they use the cotton candy ray gun blasts), and Carnival Graveyard mentions decaying cotton candy.

But Universal did describe the people in Carnival Graveyard as “carnies”, so maybe they won’t abuse the clown theme. I think a scarezone AND house revolving around clowns is a little much, but maybe that’s just my opinion.

Well Killer Klowns are very much circus based. This is more like those carnivals you can find in random parking lots (do they still do those? I remember going a lot when I was a kid).

One of the descriptions I read mentioned guard dogs, carnies with weapons made out of old ride parts, "automatons" (which I'm thinking like the old fortune teller machines), and a tunnel of love filled with flayed corpses. I'm really quite excited for this house!!

Well Killer Klowns are very much circus based. This is more like those carnivals you can find in random parking lots (do they still do those? I remember going a lot when I was a kid).

One of the descriptions I read mentioned guard dogs, carnies with weapons made out of old ride parts, "automatons" (which I'm thinking like the old fortune teller machines), and a tunnel of love filled with flayed corpses. I'm really quite excited for this house!!
I haven’t seen any of those death traps in years, but I used to go to them all the time as a kid! That makes sense for a house, and would be a really fun idea.

If that description is true, then I think this house will be bomb.:thumbsup2 A tunnel of love would be amazing. Especially with this being an original house, they can really do a lot with it. I hope they do!

Here are the two descriptions I've found:

The caramel-coated carnivals of yesteryear have long died, but something sinister has festered within the decay, waiting to torment trespassers. Enter a dilapidated salvage yard, a maze of rides, games and carnival parts tainted with rust and blood. Gleefully vicious performers stalk you from the shadows, coming ever closer. Feel the first glint of terror with gory games a-plenty, where losing has a terrible price. Then your flesh will crawl as you come upon brutal automatons that quickly ensnare you. After that, you'll enter a tunnel of love where flayed lovers have been grotesquely memorialized, overwhelming you with disgust. You're in for a show-stopper.

As [you] trespass into a dilapidated carnival, [you] will find a maze of decayed rides and games – and soon discover [you] are not alone. Horrifying guard dogs, a grotesque ‘tunnel of love’, gleefully vicious performers loaded with deadly weapons fabricated from old rides and more will stalk [your] every move as [you] try [your] best to escape.

I haven’t seen any of those death traps in years, but I used to go to them all the time as a kid! That makes sense for a house, and would be a really fun idea.

If that description is true, then I think this house will be bomb.:thumbsup2 A tunnel of love would be amazing. Especially with this being an original house, they can really do a lot with it. I hope they do!

Not. Sure where you live but in the Pittsburgh suburbs nearly every church & fire department has an annual carnival as a fund-raiser. They say the state inspects the attractions:rolleyes1. Let’s just say their condition adds an interesting vibe to attending.

Not. Sure where you live but in the Pittsburgh suburbs nearly every church & fire department has an annual carnival as a fund-raiser. They say the state inspects the attractions:rolleyes1. Let’s just say their condition adds an interesting vibe to attending.

Do you live near pittsburgh??? I grew up in claysville near Washington.

I keep thinking of the AHS house which had the small carnival section. I hope they distinguish this new house from that.

just to update:

SCARE ZONES

1. The Harvest
2. Vamp’ 85: New Years Eve
3. Twisted Tradition
4. Revenge of Chucky
5. Killer Klowns from Outerspace

HOUSES
1. Stranger Things
2. Dead Exposure: Patient Zero
3. Trick ‘r Treat
4. Slaughter Sinema
5. Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

That’s so funny! I live in small town New York and the smallest thing we get is the county fair. It’s huge, though. I’m sure the churches are truly testing your faith in Christ with those rides.:rotfl2:

just to update:

SCARE ZONES

1. The Harvest
2. Vamp’ 85: New Years Eve
3. Twisted Tradition
4. Revenge of Chucky
5. Killer Klowns from Outerspace

HOUSES
1. Stranger Things
2. Dead Exposure: Patient Zero
3. Trick ‘r Treat
4. Slaughter Sinema
5. Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

Lol the sticky has been updated, complete with video and best descriptions I could find.

Do you live near pittsburgh??? I grew up in claysville near Washington.

I keep thinking of the AHS house which had the small carnival section. I hope they distinguish this new house from that.

Hello fellow yinz’er :) Before rivers came to town I made my share of donations @ the meadows and the outlets :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter