"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the stretch by Liberty Square Market and Sleepy Hollow for watching the Halloween parade? We might stake out a spot there in part because of the relative convenient access to those places for someone to go get goodies for the group. ;)

We are planning on going to the party on 10/27. How crowded do you think the waits will be for rides? We have been before but never this close to Halloween.

We went last night and had a great time. Being passholders, we arrived around 12:30 as we wanted to see the afternoon (non-Halloween) parade. Park wasn't that crowded, yes, 7DMT had hours and hours and hours to wait for 1:35 second ride, but Space was only 20 minutes, 20 minutes for Big Thunder and Dumbo was a walk-on, really, no wait. By 5PM crowds were up a bit due to both party goers and non-party goers were intermingling. A couple of thoughts I haven't seen posted here:
If you are a passholder, there are special passholder MNSSHP t-shirts available. A cast member we were talking to noticed the passholder tag on our Magic Bands and told us there were special t-shirts behind the register. I never would have known to even ask. So, we got the passholder shirts, cool. The Emporium started selling MNSSHP stuff around 4PM, but had cast members guarding the area and they only let in people with wristbands in the area.
The radar kept insisting it was going to rain and thunder all night long. Well, it didn't. It rained for 10 minutes around 2:30 and it drizzled around 11:45, other wise, the threatening rain stayed away.
To echo other posters: Don't miss the Hocus Pocus show, the parade and really, whatever you do, don't miss the fireworks. As suggested here, we found a spot in the knoll in front of Casey's and it was a perfect spot. Even 15 minutes before the show there was room to squeeze ourselves in. Don't leave after the fireworks, the lines for rides, special pictures and for ToT become very short. Especially around BTMR as that is the only attraction in that area and it has 2 ToT spots, you can just keep circling these practically by yourself after 11PM and fill up on all the treats you want. Because Splash is closed, it is a becomes very light with foot traffic. There were 5 cast members at the BTMR spot just begging to hand out treats to anyone who happened by. We did a great rendition of Boo! to you (and you and, well, you all know the rest).
We did a few special pictures, those are fun. The ghouls at the exit of Haunted Mansion were killing it. We didn't do any meet and greets. Lots of people in very creative costumes, lots of people not in costume. Saw a great Mary, Burt and Chimney Sweep, some seagulls from Finding Nemo (MINE!), a youngster in a terrific homemade Rocket outfit with a baby Groot on his shoulder, lots of Wonder Women, lots of Star Wars, lots of Avengers. A very fun party, but at the high cost of the tickets, something we won't do yearly.
OWD

Going to our first party 10/5 and can't wait! We are taking DH and his DF, both 15. DF has a unique sense of style and is planning to wear a spiderman tshirt and tulle skirt to MK on that day. It's just her style and she doesn't consider it a costume but I am concerned that Disney will:-) Should I encourage her to wear something different or do you think they will let it slide? I would hate to get turned back at the gates before our PPO breakfast!

I don't really know what a tulle skirt is. I had to google it. That's just a t shirt with a skirt so of course it is acceptable. People are only turned away for wearing too little clothing, clothing with profanity and adults wearing costumes.

I searched this thread an other threads for the answer, sorry if this has been answered before.

Typically how busy is MK durning NON party hours on the night of MNSSHP? Do crowds seem to go to other parks because MK closes at 7pm?

MK typically has much lower crowds than usual on party days. Lots of people don't have park hoppers and don't want to use a day ticket on a park that closes to them at 7 pm.

I have Be Our Guest reservation at 6:25 while attending MNSSHP. I'm not concerned about getting in lines for characters but I'm wondering if we will be wasting decent park time while dining. I'm guessing rides will have fairly long wait times until regular park closing. This will be next week on a Thursday during a pretty big fall break time period...

Any experiences or advice???

I mean yes, literally it will be wasting party time (which is what you paid extra for) if you aren't out of there by 7. But you are right, ride waits may not calm down until a bit after 7. So if you would just be riding attractions during the time you would spend eating I don't see why you should have a problem with that.

How is the stretch by Liberty Square Market and Sleepy Hollow for watching the Halloween parade? We might stake out a spot there in part because of the relative convenient access to those places for someone to go get goodies for the group. ;)

Usually pretty busy. I'd get there about an hour early.

We are planning on going to the party on 10/27. How crowded do you think the waits will be for rides? We have been before but never this close to Halloween.

Rides will have short waits except HM and SDMT and maybe PP, which will all be around 20-40 minutes.

Usually pretty busy. I'd get there about an hour early.

Thanks! Yeah, we already figured we'd be there about an hour beforehand, especially since we're going on Halloween itself. :) Is it a good spot, logistically, to see the parade? Decent view, etc.?

We were at the party last night and I don't think we were at a sold out party, there were openings all along the parade route, mind you, these weren't front row spots, but only 1 row of people in front of you. If you go by the train station, where the parade ends, there were spots open right up to when the parade started. It can be hard to navigate there though as you have to get through everyone waiting for the parade upstream, so to speak. We watched from the 2nd level of the train station with only about 10 other people. Below us, there was only a single row of watchers, plenty of room for anyone to see the parade. This was the 1st parade. The second parade was even less crowded, plenty of spots to watch.

Thanks! We're hoping for front row, for the sake of the kids. (ODS is quite small for his age, has a development disability and loves parades!) So I'm quite willing to invest the time. I'm hoping not more than an hour, though. Too many other things we want to do!

Thanks! Yeah, we already figured we'd be there about an hour beforehand, especially since we're going on Halloween itself. :) Is it a good spot, logistically, to see the parade? Decent view, etc.?

It isn't my favorite spot, no, but lots of other people like it.

My favorite views are towards the start of Frontierland so there are lots of trees which can add to the spooky atmosphere, or in front of the train station because you can see down Main Street.

Quick question. Are there plenty of people in non Disney costumes? My girls picked their costumes before they knew we were going so now I have a vampire and witch that are panicking because they are not Disney.

Quick question. Are there plenty of people in non Disney costumes? My girls picked their costumes before they knew we were going so now I have a vampire and witch that are panicking because they are not Disney.

Plenty. And some people don't dress up at all. They'll be fine!

It isn't my favorite spot, no, but lots of other people like it.

My favorite views are towards the start of Frontierland so there are lots of trees which can add to the spooky atmosphere, or in front of the train station because you can see down Main Street.

By start of Frontierland, do you mean right around the Diamond Horseshoe? That stretch?

(Why, yes, I'm peering at maps. :) )

By start of Frontierland, do you mean right around the Diamond Horseshoe? That stretch?

(Why, yes, I'm peering at maps. :) )

Sorry no, I wasn't very specific. I meant the start of the parade in Frontierland, which is over near the Splash mountain path. So right before you'd turn left to go into Adventureland.

They could always Disney up the costumes a bit.

Add Stitch elements to the vampire costume (so be vampire Stitch) or add Rapunzel accessories to the witch.

But plenty of people do wear non-Disney themed costumes. My boyfriend and I were even (gasp) Harry Potter and Ginny one year.

Sorry no, I wasn't very specific. I meant the start of the parade in Frontierland, which is over near the Splash mountain path. So right before you'd turn left to go into Adventureland.

Ahhhhhh. Perhaps we will try that. :) Thank you again! I really appreciate it.
The one thing everyone in our very mixed party wants is a good spot for this parade. And they're all looking to me to plan for it. No pressure or anything like that! :rotfl2:

Ahhhhhh. Perhaps we will try that. :) Thank you again! I really appreciate it.
The one thing everyone in our very mixed party wants is a good spot for this parade. And they're all looking to me to plan for it. No pressure or anything like that! :rotfl2:

Tis the life of the planner/researcher.

Everything goes well you are a hero. Things go bad...well...maybe other people should have helped :)

I searched this thread an other threads for the answer, sorry if this has been answered before.

Typically how busy is MK durning NON party hours on the night of MNSSHP? Do crowds seem to go to other parks because MK closes at 7pm?
During the day crowds are pretty light, for the exact reason you mentioned. Those without PH will generally not "waste" a day at MK only to get kicked out at 7. However, between 4 and 7 when you have day guests still in the park and partygoers starting to enter, it's crazy. If you do go to MK that day, plan to leave around 3:30!

u

I LOVE your leggings!:love: Can I ask where you found them?
They're LuLaRoe! I bought them earlier this year because they reminded me of Sally, then when I didn't like the actual Sally dress I bought I cut the leggings down to knee length. It's a pretty easy pattern to find. Or at least it was.

We had an impromptu MK day on Tues., Sept 19, and it was very un-crowded. We didn't use any FPs that day because I was having phone problems. DH and DD rode BTMRR 3 times in a row with about 15 minute waits. We also rode Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion. Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Dumbo, and Small World with minimal waits.

We watched from right across from the Liberty Bell. Got there about 30 minutes before the parade started. We were on the side wall where I circled above. DD could see between people sitting in front, and had no problem seeing the higher parts of the float. I was fine sitting next other watching. DH stood next to us and was good.

Attachments

• IMG_5976.jpg
    IMG_5976.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here but I saw on another forum that they've released a hocus pocus shirt? Did anybody at the last party see it? :) it was the top of my to buy list!

I saw a post about it too. Curious if it is, indeed, released at the party

The original hocus pocus stuff got recalled internet detectives seem to have placed it as due to copyright issues with an ETSY artist, but nothing offical was ever said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter