"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just do the ethical thing and buy one instead of gaming the system and circumventing the rules.

I believe photopass sharing is something that has long been allowed to be discussed on the DIS. Disney has no particular rules against it either afaik or the DIS wouldn't allow the discussion.

It is against the rules to share it with someone you are not traveling with.

"Downloading or unlocking, or offering to download or unlock, Disney PhotoPass photos or other digital content for the benefit of other guests, including for the benefit of individuals on the Memory Maker Guest's Family and Friends list, whether or not the Memory Maker Guest solicits or or accepts any consideration or remuneration for Disney PhotoPass photos or other digital content, is a violation of these Terms and Conditions and the limited license granted to the Memory Maker Guest. Violations may result in removal of all images associated with the Memory Maker Guest's account and termination of the Memory Maker Guest's Disney account."

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms/

It is against the rules to share it with someone you are not traveling with.

"Downloading or unlocking, or offering to download or unlock, Disney PhotoPass photos or other digital content for the benefit of other guests, including for the benefit of individuals on the Memory Maker Guest's Family and Friends list, whether or not the Memory Maker Guest solicits or or accepts any consideration or remuneration for Disney PhotoPass photos or other digital content, is a violation of these Terms and Conditions and the limited license granted to the Memory Maker Guest. Violations may result in removal of all images associated with the Memory Maker Guest's account and termination of the Memory Maker Guest's Disney account."

Why would you want to give a total stranger access to your Disney photos not knowing what they will do with or alter them and then you see them on the internet in a negative way. I would never take that chance, I LOVE my life.

Doing the party tonight. We live about 30 miles from TMK, hopefully won't rain tonight like it did last night. We got 3 inches of rain in about an hour and off and on showers most of the rest of the time between 7 - 12. Looked like Disney got some too, but not as much. Forecast is showers during the day, but moving on by evening. Keeping fingers crossed, our first party! Looking forward to the shows, parade and fireworks. If we do ToT, we'll put it aside for the end of the month. No costumes. We aren't so interested in character meetings as the special shows. We are passholders so we can go anytime during the day. Have FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and Space Mountain for the afternoon. Dinner at Crystal Palace at 6:30. Looking forward to a great evening.

If you are only doing the party, you might considered the 1-day MM option, as it's significantly cheaper.

Thanks for this info. I didn't realize this was an option. When I look to purchase MM in my app it is not a choice. Will look have to find out if this is still available and how you purchase it. Appreciate the helpful advice!

Thanks for this info. I didn't realize this was an option. When I look to purchase MM in my app it is not a choice. Will look have to find out if this is still available and how you purchase it. Appreciate the helpful advice!

I’m planning to purchase the one day memory maker for our party night. From what I’ve read, once you have a photo taken by a photopass photographer, either your magic band is scanned or they give you a photo pass card with a code, link your photos to your my disney experience app and you are given to option to either purchase the individual photo, memory maker for your whole trip, or a memory maker just for the one day. The one day option does not show up until you are in the parks and have at least one photo taken. I believe the price is $59.

I believe photopass sharing is something that has long been allowed to be discussed on the DIS. Disney has no particular rules against it either afaik or the DIS wouldn't allow the discussion.

Apparently you haven't read the terms and conditions, then. Seems pretty clear to me. I've also heard of Disney finding out and deleting both parties' photos. Why take the risk? But, again, more importantly, it's effectively akin to theft. "Here's this product that costs $150 (or whatever it costs these days) but I don't like that price so I'm going to just pay half." I'm not sure how anyone doing it wouldn't think it's against the rules. I'm legitimately baffled that anyone thinks this is okay and to be honest, I'm surprised with the frequency with which I see it being perpetuated here on the DIS. I wish they would do something to stop people talking about it.

I’m planning to purchase the one day memory maker for our party night. From what I’ve read, once you have a photo taken by a photopass photographer, either your magic band is scanned or they give you a photo pass card with a code, link your photos to your my disney experience app and you are given to option to either purchase the individual photo, memory maker for your whole trip, or a memory maker just for the one day. The one day option does not show up until you are in the parks and have at least one photo taken. I believe the price is $59.

This. See Post #1.
Can I purchase Memory Maker for MNSSHP ONLY?
  • Yes, Disney PhotoPass now offers Memory Maker (MM) One Day (Disney PhotoPass Website Updated on 3/25/16).
The Memory Maker Window begins at 6am EST on the day you use the 1D theme park admission with which MM is bundled at purchase or if MM was purchased separately, the date the photo selected on the MDE app, or of applicable, onMyDisneyPhotoPass.com when purchasing MM or when linking a previously purchased MM code to your Disney account and ends at 5:59am EST on the following day. (i.e. The 1D Memory Maker can be purchased in the app, after you have a photo loaded into your account, click on the photo, and you will get the option to purchase either the 30-day MM for $169, or the 1-day MM for $59).

PhotoPass photographers will take Magic Shots during the party where you will pose and when you see the photos afterward, you'll see something magically inserted into the photo.

Ok. That's why I didn't see that option. Thanks for the helpful information!

Well we stuck out the party Friday night
Rain was a bummer
No horseman
No show
Did get to see the parade :yay:
Didn’t get to see the fireworks because DH was cranky because DS wouldn’t get out and ride HM...
Did a bit of ToT...
We made the best of it but wasn’t our best evening
I would definitely do a party again....maybe next year

We were at Epcot during the rain and was wondering about the Halloween party since we almost planned it that day. (We went on 9/24 instead). I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. :(

We went friday night and it rained pretty good on and off up until the party started. Once it did, it rained maybe twice lightly and everything went off with out a hitch, the HP show was abridged but the parade and FW went off great.

Side note, i got the pin for this year and bought last years LR pin for the party i went to but did not get.

Anyone know where i can get the 2014 LR pin? ebay has ONE but its $80! I have seen recent auctions for $10-20 and thats a fair price to me.

Going to our first party 10/5 and can't wait! We are taking DH and his DF, both 15. DF has a unique sense of style and is planning to wear a spiderman tshirt and tulle skirt to MK on that day. It's just her style and she doesn't consider it a costume but I am concerned that Disney will:-) Should I encourage her to wear something different or do you think they will let it slide? I would hate to get turned back at the gates before our PPO breakfast!

We attended the 9/22 party and had a great time! It was our first MNSSHP, and would love to do it again!

We didn't think it was that crowded. It was certainly less crowded than AK was on Sunday!

We watched from right across from Crystal Palace. Not a straight on view, but perfect for us. We could see all the castle projections, and all the fireworks. There was no one there - it was our family of 3, a couple next to us, and that was really it.

We had to wait on line for 7, but we only waited about 20 minutes, and were about 20th in line.

We walked through the bypass then had FPs at 7DMT, Thunder Mountain, and Pirates, we didn't feel rushed at all.

Doh! I missed what date this was asked, so I'll answer for others in case you already went. We got on line at 6:40 at the popcorn stand right at the right of the castle.
20it4w2.jpg

They were very strict about not selling before 7, but we didn't wait long, and someone checked our bands while we waited, so we didn't have to show them at the counter.

Here we are in our costumes, unfortunately with the sun directly in our eyes.
24uvk2u.jpg
u

I LOVE your leggings!:love: Can I ask where you found them?

I searched this thread an other threads for the answer, sorry if this has been answered before.

Typically how busy is MK durning NON party hours on the night of MNSSHP? Do crowds seem to go to other parks because MK closes at 7pm?

Going to our first party 10/5 and can't wait! We are taking DH and his DF, both 15. DF has a unique sense of style and is planning to wear a spiderman tshirt and tulle skirt to MK on that day. It's just her style and she doesn't consider it a costume but I am concerned that Disney will:-) Should I encourage her to wear something different or do you think they will let it slide? I would hate to get turned back at the gates before our PPO breakfast!

Yikes! Acronym fail! We are taking DS, not DH. DH is taking himself:tongue:

Can anyone tell me how early I can get my wristband if I am already in MK? Do they give them out before 4? If not, can my wife get in line for Jack without her bracelet while I get a bracelet and then us switch?

Also, which popcorn stands have Oogie? Do they go on sale before 7 ever?

This is what we plan to do for Jack and Sally. The CMs do not check wristbands immediately. Once the line begins to get longer they begin checking. We did it last year without issue.

I don't understand why you think her outfit could be an issue.

I have Be Our Guest reservation at 6:25 while attending MNSSHP. I'm not concerned about getting in lines for characters but I'm wondering if we will be wasting decent park time while dining. I'm guessing rides will have fairly long wait times until regular park closing. This will be next week on a Thursday during a pretty big fall break time period...

Any experiences or advice???

I searched this thread an other threads for the answer, sorry if this has been answered before. Typically how busy is MK durning NON party hours on the night of MNSSHP? Do crowds seem to go to other parks because MK closes at 7pm?

In my experience MK is less busy on nights when there is a MNSSHP - it doesn't mean that it isn't busy, but it is less busy than it will be on days without the party. Wednesdays and Saturdays are particularly crowded. Given that the hours have been extended to midnight on Saturdays and EMH till 1 or 2 a.m. on Wednesdays in October...it seems like they are expecting crowds to be up. We've always planned our MK days on party days even if we aren't attending the party. If you can hang till the midnight - 2 a.m. EMH on a Wednesday and have hoppers you might plan to do an evening at MK on a non-party day to see Happily Ever After.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter