"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at last years party dates for Columbus Day week, it looks like the parties were held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday that week. We will be there the same week this year. Keeping in mind that Monday is Columbus Day and a holiday, which day of that week do you think would be the better (less crowded) day to go to the party? I was thinking Tuesday or Thursday might be better.

At the moment I want to go for Goofy as my costume. It should be nice and easy (and cool and practical for the parks too!)

If we end up going we will likely do Mr & Mrs Potato Head and the three LGMs from Toy Story. Since we are trying to go to celebrate our oldest's graduation and that is his costume idea we'll roll with it. Plus, it seems easy enough for me to put together DIY and I can make them basically out of shorts and t-shirts for everyone.

Since I believe we have decided to do the party on the 30th or another non-Halloween night and stick to Halloween activities at the resort on Halloween night the littles can wear their costume of choice for resort Halloween activities if they choose.

As always we'll be there for October 31st and/or November 1st or 2nd. Hoping we can go to two Halloween parties this year. We always purchase tickets as soon as they are released and we dress up every time! It's our favorite party and I can't wait to go again.

Going to be there October 29th to Nov 3rd. Really hoping they do a party on the 29th. Want to do it my first day. My plan is to hang out at the resort and head over to MK around 4pm. At least that is my preliminary plan and can change once official dates are announced.

Just looking at last years party dates for Columbus Day week, it looks like the parties were held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday that week. We will be there the same week this year. Keeping in mind that Monday is Columbus Day and a holiday, which day of that week do you think would be the better (less crowded) day to go to the party? I was thinking Tuesday or Thursday might be better.

Fridays are usually more crowded due to locals who don't have to worry about getting up early the next morning for work or school. I don't think that's going to be an issue for a Columbus Day party since the next day is a work/school day.

Following for info! When do tickets go on sale typically?

Beginning of May.

Going to be there October 29th to Nov 3rd. Really hoping they do a party on the 29th. Want to do it my first day. My plan is to hang out at the resort and head over to MK around 4pm. At least that is my preliminary plan and can change once official dates are announced.

I would be very surprised if there isn't a party on the 29th since it's a Sunday and Sunday is a typical party day.

That is what I was thinking too. The last time we went on the last Sunday in October so that is why I am hopeful it will be the same this time around.

My Sis and I went to MNSSHP in September 2015. We had mixed reviews about it because the crowds were so huge! It was uncomfortable hot and stormy, so maybe that had something to do with it. We met The Witch out in front of the Hall of Presidents...it was AWESOME! Haunted Mansion was so fun and the costumes on some people were incredible! Hocus Pocus Stage show was really fantastic pixiedust: We are going to be there again this year and thinking seriously of trying to go again! How was everyone's experiences in 2016?

My Sis and I went to MNSSHP in September 2015. We had mixed reviews about it because the crowds were so huge! It was uncomfortable hot and stormy, so maybe that had something to do with it. We met The Witch out in front of the Hall of Presidents...it was AWESOME! Haunted Mansion was so fun and the costumes on some people were incredible! Hocus Pocus Stage show was really fantastic pixiedust: We are going to be there again this year and thinking seriously of trying to go again! How was everyone's experiences in 2016?
This is what concerns me. I don't think that paying an additional fee for those crowds above what I already pay. If I'm willing to pay I think it should be a little more exclusive so you have the opportunity to experience everything you're paying for.

We're planning the second to last party again this year like last year! My girls' birthdays are 10/29 and 10/30 so it will fall on one of those days!

This is what concerns me. I don't think that paying an additional fee for those crowds above what I already pay. If I'm willing to pay I think it should be a little more exclusive so you have the opportunity to experience everything you're paying for.

I agree. That is what my sister and I were saying about it. WHY OVERCROWD? It takes away the "special" feeling. Also, we noticed MANY people without the event wristbands...meaning they never left the park. Just stayed under the radar and got the same experience we paid extra for. Considering we will have our 80+ year old parents with us this time...we might have to rethink the whole thing. Very valid point Ellbell!

I was at one of the sold-out parties last year. (September 25). I did not have a single issue with crowding. I did everything I wanted over the 5 hours. Had an amazing time. I had heard horror stories of how busy the party is. Didn't fell or see anything that impacted my experience because of the other guests.

I was at one of the sold-out parties last year. (September 25). I did not have a single issue with crowding. I did everything I wanted over the 5 hours. Had an amazing time. I had heard horror stories of how busy the party is. Didn't fell or see anything that impacted my experience because of the other guests.
Thank you Lesverts!

I agree with you! We were there, too! We got everything we wanted done during this party. I couldn't believe how small the lines were for the rides. It was a really fun experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter