"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, the bypass was decorated with the same decorations as Main Street and had Halloween statues of Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Minnie. There were PhotoPass photographers there, too, so you could get a few pics in front of the statues and the Mickey wreaths. We got a lot of great pics there. Not too crowded right around 4ish. We made it to our first FP+ in Fantasyland no problem.

Ok I need ideas! We're going to the 9/1 party and we don't know what to do for costumes. It's still going to be really hot so we were thinking of doing more of a bounding thing than full costumes. When we went two years ago we did Star Wars costume t-shirts and hats. There's me, DW, DD9, DD6, and DS2. Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas? :-)

Maybe a wrap or scarf as a PP suggested, or get a few yards of purple sequin-y fabric, cut some strips in it and wrap around your waist? Or even like a shiny sheer fabric? Seriously the black outfit and a great necklace would make it pretty fantastic anyway! :) sounds fun!

Silly question: Do the characters meet through the whole party? (Obviously w/ breaks) I am definitely staying the entire time so could catch the 2nd parade...maybe lining up at the end of 1st parade --since characters are probably IN that haha-- and get a good spot? I'd love to try to catch as many as possible, because I've never done a party before! Thanks!

Yes, kind of. Seven dwarves and Jack and Sally sometimes start before 7 pm. Check back here after the first party happens.

Cast members will cut the lines when they think the line is long enough to carry until closing.

So for example, Belle and Gaston were very popular last year. Their line was most likely cut sometime around 11 pm. Does that make sense?

Whereas with less popular characters you could walk up at 11:45.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head today, do you and your family have any favorite characters or movies?

We like Star Wars (did that 2 years ago), Muppets, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tangled and so on lol.

There are some incredibly simple ideas for t-shirt 'costumes' to deal with the heat & humidity.
For example:
  • "Deviled Egg": grab a pr of dollar store devil headband horns & then make a fried egg pic on your red t-shirt with white & yellow duct tape. google for images or try pinterest;
  • "M&M": use a primary colour t-shirt (red, blue, green, etc) and make an iconic "m" using white duct-tape. Also google for template & images.
No doubt there are much more unique & interesting ideas out there. But that's a starting point.

I am sure this has been asked at this point but it is hard to look at 250 pages of information lol. This is our first party and we are going to be in the park all day with a regular ticket and then stay with our party ticket. Can we come dressed up in the morning or do you have to leave the park and change clothes?

There are some incredibly simple ideas for t-shirt 'costumes' to deal with the heat & humidity.
For example:
  • "Deviled Egg": grab a pr of dollar store devil headband horns & then make a fried egg pic on your red t-shirt with white & yellow duct tape. google for images or try pinterest;
  • "M&M": use a primary colour t-shirt (red, blue, green, etc) and make an iconic "m" using white duct-tape. Also google for template & images.
No doubt there are much more unique & interesting ideas out there. But that's a starting point.

Those are good starting points, thanks!

I am sure this has been asked at this point but it is hard to look at 250 pages of information lol. This is our first party and we are going to be in the park all day with a regular ticket and then stay with our party ticket. Can we come dressed up in the morning or do you have to leave the park and change clothes?

Only kids can be in costume not adults but you can rent a locker. Oh and be sure to check out the First page of this thread as all the information is there too. :-)

I saw they had a preview for Holiday merchandise but it did not include Halloween Party merchandise. Has anyone seen any items the parks have for Halloween this year?

I saw they had a preview for Holiday merchandise but it did not include Halloween Party merchandise. Has anyone seen any items the parks have for Halloween this year?

It's not out yet but soon! I think after Disney's Christmas in July wraps up we should see some.

I have a costume conundrum. I do not do well in the heat at all so was just going to Disneybound as Ursula (I'm a rather Ursula-shaped lady with very short, very blonde hair so it seemed a natural fit). Basically, a black tank top, black maxi skirt, and red lipstick (with perhaps a seashell necklace if I can find one). My kids think that's not enough of a costume and they want me to try to make my hair white (they also wanted me to put on purple makeup but I put my foot down on that one). I was thinking some spray-on hair color for the evening. Will the heat and humidity make my head itch, or worse, cause the stuff to drip everywhere? If so, will I be recognizable without it?

Have you checked out Hot Topic?

http://www.hottopic.com/product/dis...m-ursula-dress/10928477.html#q=ursula&start=1

http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=ursula

Alice in Wonderland? You could get a Mad Hatter Hat. Wife could do the Queen of Hearts eye makeup and "heart" lipstick. Kids could be Alice, Rabbit, and/or a giant playing card.

Amazon.com has large playing cards. Or you could just do Red Hearts on white tees. Amazon has a huge pocket watch.
https://www.amazon.com/White-Rabbit...3017&sr=8-2&keywords=pocket+watch+alice+large

Kohls has the mad hatter hat and with 30% off and free shipping once a month you could order it in August. They have a bunch of Alice in Wonderland stuff.

https://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?submit-search=web-regular&search=mad+hatter&spa=2

They also have ear headbands and tails like the Cheshire Cat and Tigger.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2...tail&search=2624130&submit-search=web-regular

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter