"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last party we attended couple years ago, we waited in the party line at 3:15. We were first in line and it was sold out night. There was no shade and it was hot! The line quickly grew. Around 3:35 or 3:40, people approaching end of line decided to go to the regular line. I watched person after person go to the regular line and they were let in! After a while I told the CMs that they were being let in in the regular line and they told me that they'll still have to get their party stuff inside. I said I didn't mind doing that, can we be let in now? They said No, we can't let you in until 4:00. Huh? That made no sense to me. So, I'm asking you all if that's normal and can we try to get in through regular line a little early? Has anyone gotten in earlier through regular line using only party ticket? Cause that's all we had left by that point in trip, a party ticket. I can't imagine all those people getting in through regular line had extra multiday tickets, there were so many people who did that!

If they were going in the regular line, they had regular tickets. It is the only way to get in that way. It is not that they had extra multi-day. They could have been at MK earlier that day or they could have park hoppers. I don't know the numbers but I am guessing the majority of folks buy park hoppers to make it easier for planning. It doesn't cost that much more on a 7day pass.

One thing to remember: if the lines for PARTY TICKET ONLY folks are really long when you get there, use your REGULAR day ticket to get in as those lines should be non-existent at that point. Then you can get your party wristband and stuff once you're inside the park. There will be several places all around the park where you can get them.

So, we will be going to MK on a regular day ticket and then MNSSHP the same evening. I was hoping to come back to MK just in time for our BBB reservation at 5:30. So, as long as we arrive by say 4:45, would that give us time to get through security (we could go through the regular park entry instead of a party only line), pick up our wristbands, and get to BBB by 5:15? I want to be able to take a break midday since it will be a late night, but just trying to gauge just how long of a break we can take. We have a BOG ADR at 11:40 that day for lunch, so we can't head back to the Poly until that's over.

Also, who would you consider the "sought-after" characters for MNSSHP? We obviously won't be able to line up early for anything since we'll be at the BBB at 5:30. If Aladdin and Jasmine are there during the party, could that be a particularly long wait? What about Belle and Gaston? Do Anna and Elsa ever show up for the Halloween party? Do you think there is any chance that Moana could make an appearance? (I'm still extremely disappointed that she is no longer at WDW as my daughter loves her. My daughter doesn't know about the trip and won't know that Moana used to be there, but I was hoping she might show back up before October.)

The last party we attended couple years ago, we waited in the party line at 3:15. We were first in line and it was sold out night. There was no shade and it was hot! The line quickly grew. Around 3:35 or 3:40, people approaching end of line decided to go to the regular line. I watched person after person go to the regular line and they were let in! After a while I told the CMs that they were being let in in the regular line and they told me that they'll still have to get their party stuff inside. I said I didn't mind doing that, can we be let in now? They said No, we can't let you in until 4:00. Huh? That made no sense to me. So, I'm asking you all if that's normal and can we try to get in through regular line a little early? Has anyone gotten in earlier through regular line using only party ticket? Cause that's all we had left by that point in trip, a party ticket. I can't imagine all those people getting in through regular line had extra multiday tickets, there were so many people who did that!
I have a ph ticket and planning to get in the regular line earlier for the party. We did this last time attending the Villains Unleashed party. So, it's possible people are getting in with regular tickets.

If they were going in the regular line, they had regular tickets. It is the only way to get in that way. It is not that they had extra multi-day. They could have been at MK earlier that day or they could have park hoppers. I don't know the numbers but I am guessing the majority of folks buy park hoppers to make it easier for planning. It doesn't cost that much more on a 7day pass.

But the people I saw go over to the regular line originally came over to the party line first. They waited few minutes, were disgusted with the wait and they saw tons of people leave the party line and get in the regular line. It wasn't as if these people went straight to the regular line, they came to party line first. I would think if they had hoppers or regular tickets they would go to regular line first but they didn't. Could it be that they all had hoppers? I guess, but it was a lot of people. And it was a chain reaction kind of thing. "oh look, we can get in now through that line."

Also, who would you consider the "sought-after" characters for MNSSHP? We obviously won't be able to line up early for anything since we'll be at the BBB at 5:30. If Aladdin and Jasmine are there during the party, could that be a particularly long wait? What about Belle and Gaston? Do Anna and Elsa ever show up for the Halloween party? Do you think there is any chance that Moana could make an appearance? (I'm still extremely disappointed that she is no longer at WDW as my daughter loves her. My daughter doesn't know about the trip and won't know that Moana used to be there, but I was hoping she might show back up before October.)

Just a quick reply so hopefully someone can fill in the gaps.

Sought after are Jack and Sally, 7 Dwarves and Winnie the Pooh and friends in halloween costumes.

Also possibly Minnie, Donald and Daisy as they are in costume. Belle and Gaston might be too esp with the movie being out this year. Oh and maybe villains depending on who they are.

I'm sad I missed Moana.

the most popular characters (based on prev years) are the 7 dwarves, Jack and Sally, and Pook and friends. Others can have lengthy waits as well like Cruella, Queen of Hearts (was with the tweedles last year), Minnie/Donald and Dailey depending on when you hit those lines

ETA just saw I posted at the same time as pp who mentioned Belle and Gaston-I am not sure about their line but they do take breaks so I imagine it could be a long wait as well. I tried to go last year and they had just gone on break so we bailed and went elsewhere.

We tried to see Pooh and Friends last year and had to bail due to the lengthy slow moving line
We were able to see Minnie and friends with minimal wait by lining up shortly before 7. This strategy also worked for Queen of Hearts with the tweedles (getting in line shortly before 1st set). Whenever I have seen Cruella's line it has always been 45 mins or more. We lucked into a short Jack sparrow line right before he returned from break last year. Aladdin meets with Abu and Genie meets with Jasmine. Unfortunately they switch off so depending on when you join the line and how long it is you may not see the same characters who are out when you join the line. However because they switch off there is no long extended break in between sets like with many other special party characters. We also lucked into a short Jafar line last year as well. Mickey's line has been decent later in the night for us too.

Last edited:
Just a quick reply so hopefully someone can fill in the gaps.

Sought after are Jack and Sally, 7 Dwarves and Winnie the Pooh and friends in halloween costumes.

Also possibly Minnie, Donald and Daisy as they are in costume. Belle and Gaston might be too esp with the movie being out this year. Oh and maybe villains depending on who they are.

I'm sad I missed Moana.

the most popular characters (based on prob years) are the 7 dwarves, Jack and Sally, and Pook and friends. Others can have lengthy waits as well like Cruella, Queen of Hearts (was with the tweedles last year), Minnie/Donald and Dailey depending on when you hit those lines

ETA just saw I posted at the same time as pp who mentioned Belle and Gaston-I am not sure about their line but they do take breaks so I imagine it could be a long wait as well. I tried to go last year and they had just gone on break so we bailed and went elsewhere.

We tried to see Pooh and Friends last year and had to bail due to the lengthy slow moving line
We were able to see Minnie and friends with minimal wait by lining up shortly before 7. This strategy also worked for Queen of Hearts with the tweedles (getting in line shortly before 1st set). Whenever I have seen Cruella's line it has always been 45 mins or more. We lucked into a short Jack sparrow line right before he returned from break last year. Aladdin meets with Abu and Genie meets with Jasmine. Unfortunately they switch off so depending on when you join the line and how long it is you may not see the same characters who are out when you join the line. However because they switch off there is no long extended break in between sets like with many other special party characters. We also lucked into a short Jafar line last year as well. Mickey's line has been decent later in the night for us too.

Thank you both! It sounds like I don't need to worry too much about it then. Jasmine would be my only real issue as she is currently my daughter's favorite. I would hate to get in line for her and then meet Aladdin, lol. It would be nice to meet Belle, but we will also be trying for ETwB on a MK park day and we could always try at Epcot as well for Belle. I honestly don't think that we will be trying to meet anyone else unless we stumble upon a short line. We will be doing Minnie's Seasonal Dine Lunch at H&V and I think that they change the theme for the season and it will be Halloween-themed while we're there. Although I don't know if they will be in costume or not.

My DD is a bit of a nervous/anxious child so we will not be trying to meet any villains and even the 7D/Pooh wouldn't be high on our priority list. Seriously - she cried when I told her I signed her up for the Snow White ballet that her dance school is doing and when I asked her why, she said she was scared of the Evil Queen. :rolleyes2

But the people I saw go over to the regular line originally came over to the party line first. They waited few minutes, were disgusted with the wait and they saw tons of people leave the party line and get in the regular line. It wasn't as if these people went straight to the regular line, they came to party line first. I would think if they had hoppers or regular tickets they would go to regular line first but they didn't. Could it be that they all had hoppers? I guess, but it was a lot of people. And it was a chain reaction kind of thing. "oh look, we can get in now through that line."
They may not have originally realized they could go in with regular tickets for the party and get the bands, etc. It does sounds strange that all of a sudden a lot of them moved over but word travels fast in a line and if people heard others talking about it they would follow suit.

I am doubtful this will happen. They don't want to officially clarify that these tickets can get FP but I am also thinking they don't "mind" (poor wording) that this is an option for the few who know about it. They could have easily taken it away with this new update they did for the phantom SDFP and they obviously haven't. Yes, there are some people losing their passes but others (like me) are able to book the FP with only the party ticket linked to MDE. If they didn't want the party tickets to have FP, then I would not have been able to book them.

When the assumption was that there was a change in policy, that is when there needed to be a public statement IMO. If there is not a change, then saying nothing publicly is perfectly fine. What I am saying is that they need to get their story straight internally. Don't advertise it, but don't give incorrect responses to direct questions either.

So, we will be going to MK on a regular day ticket and then MNSSHP the same evening. I was hoping to come back to MK just in time for our BBB reservation at 5:30. So, as long as we arrive by say 4:45, would that give us time to get through security (we could go through the regular park entry instead of a party only line), pick up our wristbands, and get to BBB by 5:15? I want to be able to take a break midday since it will be a late night, but just trying to gauge just how long of a break we can take. We have a BOG ADR at 11:40 that day for lunch, so we can't head back to the Poly until that's over.
4:45 should be enough time. Maybe 4:30 to be safe especially if t is a busy party night. Should give you about 3 hours down time for a quick nap or just rest at the pool

4:45 should be enough time. Maybe 4:30 to be safe especially if t is a busy party night. Should give you about 3 hours down time for a quick nap or just rest at the pool

Thanks! I may keep trying for a slightly earlier BOG ADR just to give us a little more time, but I think we'll have to take a break, even a short one. Although we don't have to stay until midnight, but we are paying for it, lol!

What took place two years ago at your last party has changed, last year Disney set up a Party Specific Entrance. Guests were given a zip-lock bag of candy, wristbands and treat bags and lead behind the shops. We'll see what they do this year.

They may not have originally realized they could go in with regular tickets for the party and get the bands, etc. It does sounds strange that all of a sudden a lot of them moved over but word travels fast in a line and if people heard others talking about it they would follow suit.

Perhaps. There was definitely a herd mentality but it worked out for them. I know this though: if that happens again, I'm joining them. I didn't want to chance it at the time and lose our first place in our line.

I have a costume conundrum. I do not do well in the heat at all so was just going to Disneybound as Ursula (I'm a rather Ursula-shaped lady with very short, very blonde hair so it seemed a natural fit). Basically, a black tank top, black maxi skirt, and red lipstick (with perhaps a seashell necklace if I can find one). My kids think that's not enough of a costume and they want me to try to make my hair white (they also wanted me to put on purple makeup but I put my foot down on that one). I was thinking some spray-on hair color for the evening. Will the heat and humidity make my head itch, or worse, cause the stuff to drip everywhere? If so, will I be recognizable without it?

How about a purple scarf or shawl that you could just wrap around your hips for a splash of the purple color? And you could simply gel your blonde hair in spikes if you wanted, or just leave it down and it would still suggest it. (In fact, most Disneybounds don't focus on hair color at all, just the outfit, so your short blonde hair 'as is' would be far closer than most!).

Maybe you could find a shell purse or an Ariel tote bag (good for candy!) and wear that to further suggest the character of Ursula.

What took place two years ago at your last party has changed, last year Disney set up a Party Specific Entrance. Guests were given a zip-lock bag of candy, wristbands and treat bags and lead behind the shops. We'll see what they do this year.

Oh, I see. Lead behind the shops? Where do you come out?

Where does Belle and Gaston usually meet guests during MNSSHP? Where in fantasyland?

Here's a printable [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587115"]Character List[/URL] from my planning thread.

I booked 3 FPs yesterday with no problem

3.30 to 4.30 Space Mountain
4.30 to 5.30 Peter Pan
5.30 to 6.30 Splash Mountain

Have Crystal Palace reservations for 6.40. My first MNSSHP, going to be a great night I think
Splash mountain is closed at the end of August thru Mid November FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter