• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, i made a second reservation and paid the insurance and $200 deposit. Is the insurance refundable?

Does anybody Know?

So I couldn't get anything for my dates at Contemporary. I added two days and I could book it. Garden View. I just tried to edit it to take the two days off and it looks like I will lose the FD deal. If I call can they take it off without me loosing the promotion. Help please!!! I read on here that this might be possible, so I grabbed it, may now I may have to let it go
Really cannot say for sure if you would lose the promotion. They cut back on letting this be an option this past year and basically they look at it like a new reservation. If it's available for your "new" dates, then you get the promotion. I would say call and see, as this is going to be left up to them and availability. No way to tell you for sure.

I went to the website and had their system do it for me
Rack Rate: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 pirate room, NO Dining, NO Tickets: $2345
Rack Rate: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 pirate room, QS dining, 2 day PH: $3671
Free Delicious Offer: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 pirate room, FREE QS dining, 2 day PH: $2900
Enchanted Escape PACKAGE Offer: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 DISCOUNTED pirate room, QS dining, 2 day PH: $3084
Enchanted Escapte ROOM offer: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 DISCOUNTED pirate room, NO Dining, NO Tickets: $1759 (From $2345 is 24.9% discount, which matches the 25% off offer details)
Enchanted Escapte ROOM offer BUT ADDING QS: 8 nights, 2 adults, 1 DISCOUNTED pirate room, QS dining, 2 day PH: $3084 (this makes sense because why would the package and room only for the same offer name come out to a different value)

The starting values are a bit different because I used my dates (8/24-9/1) to get the 8 nights.

So the difference between the RO + QS ($3,084) and Free Dining ($2900) = the same $184 we've been looking at (FD being $184 less expensive than the RO offer). I think we're all tired (5 alarms myself here and then I still had to get up and take a call with E&Y) and s/he got something got mixed up.

This is worse than black friday (no pun intended for Joe Black)

Stacy
I'm starting to think that the $1200 reservation that she mentioned in her OP is for fewer days than her FD reservation :). That's a problem! You have to compare the same number of days to get accurate results. I just looked at the Enchanted Escape RO for her dates and it says it's a discount of $67 per night which is less than the "free" dining discount of $96.20. So, for "free" dining is indeed about $29 less per day. BUT ... they are also required to purchase a park hopper which will cut into their discount too.

I wonder ... can people book with a 2-day PH and upgrade to a longer base ticket? I bet they could if they didn't use the hopping feature already.

If I have an annual pass, can I purchase the minimum 2 day hopper and then use my AP for park entry the other days?
Yes. I'm not sure what they need to disconnect your 2-day PH from your MB or if the system just uses your AP automatically. You can save the 2-day PH for a later date (before December 31, 2018).

I'm starting to think that the $1200 reservation that she mentioned in her OP is for fewer days than her FD reservation :). That's a problem! You have to compare the same number of days to get accurate results. I just looked at the Enchanted Escape RO for her dates and it says it's a discount of $67 per night which is less than the "free" dining discount of $96.20. So, for "free" dining is indeed about $29 less per day. BUT ... they are also required to purchase a park hopper which will cut into their discount too.

I wonder ... can people book with a 2-day PH and upgrade to a longer base ticket? I bet they could if they didn't use the hopping feature already.

If that's a possibility, that's something we will definitely do! We don't use the PH feature, so if we can book the minimum 2 day PH that is required for FD and upgrade it to a longer base ticket at guest services, that would save us $$$.

what was the visa offer?
ok i just had to do a 2nd reservation to take advantage of the disney visa offer. It wasn't showing in my mde and i had a pkg with tix (from disney) So I cancelled the 1st reservation so that will get refunded? I don't have double tix do I?

I previously had a POP reservation, but was unable to figure out how to modify it online to add the free dining (everytime I went to change the room package it said no rooms were available). Has anyone had luck adding FD to their room after the fact, or is this not possible?

I went ahead and booked AS sports preferred, and it ended up being cheaper than POP standard, so there's that at least. Either way, we're going to Disney! :rainbow::rainbow:

Well, we upgraded from POFQ to the Boardwalk. 6 nights. Not my 1st,2nd or 3rd choice. And we had to change our dates. We were supposed to arrive 8/20 and we do not have the Disney visa. DH was able to shift his vacation days around. I'm still working on moving our park days and ADRs around and have been able to get everything other than BOG. We had lunch booked there for 8/20 and there isn't anything available on our other MK days.

DH really wanted his poly or contemporary but there was nothing available at poly for our dates and only club level rooms at the contemporary.

But the boardwalk looks awesome. We've never even been over there and I think the kids will love it!

Has anyone been able to get through in phones today? DH, myself & my friend have all been trying for many many MANY hours and cant get through - half the time I dont even get a busy signal. We have called a combined amount of over 800 times.

What time will this chaos die down & I can maybe get through?

I had a CBR reservation with GCs but with having to upgrade to PH, upgrade to the DDP from QS, and then to a pirate room it's probably not worth it. I'm going to hold on to the reservation until the end of the week or so, hoping a standard opens up. I booked an additional reservation using FD at Sports for about $1000 cheaper as our backup.
I did this same thing. Went to an all star room for $1000 less than the pirate room.

First, I am jealous of every one of you booking the "fancy" rooms lol

I am just trying to get to Disney for a week at this point.

I can do six nights at music with four days of tickets for $2095 and that includes dining.

However, I don't park hop. So now it looks like a room discount is $1709 for four days of regular tickets.

So that is $64.33 a day difference for three people. $386. We share meals, rarely order anything than water to drink.

I am thinking about avoiding free dining. Is that crazy? My husband just reminded me how miserably full we were last time we had free dining.

And does anyone know if certain weeks are cheaper? We home school, and can go anytime. I was looking at sept 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter