******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, I ask this question because I asked it via chat with a CM and got 2 different answers in the same chat. Does RO discount mean the discount is on the room only, but you can still add park tickets and the dining plan or does it mean it is on the room only because you are renting the room only and you can not add park tickets and the dining plan? a't first the CM told me I would be able to to add park tickets and the dining plan, but then changed his answer. Of course I am hoping for free dining, but thought I could use a RO discount if FD is not available. Now I'm nervous that if I can't get FD, I will not be able to get any discount.

You can add tickets and dining to a discounted room.

Here's what I don't get about those who are booking now hoping to get FD added on. It doesn't get added on. Let's say someone is booked for POR in a Standard View and FD comes out and POR has Garden View and Preferred View only. You can't add dining to your SV reservation. You would have to either change to GV or PV to get FD. And by booking before it's offered, it just takes rooms away that Disney will say well we don't need to offer that category it's filled. I have nothing booked and will purchase my FD offer Monday morning when it drops.

Having a pre-existing reservation doesn't guarantee one FD.

I think it is Disney scaring people like me... I am new to this, so when I called them to book a room and I asked, "Is free dining going to be available this year?" They always say something like this: "We would recommend that you book your room now. If you wait until your the promo drops, you may not get the room of your choice. We would book now and add on the promo later."

So, Disney collects $200 and convinces us that we need to book now! After reading 500 pages of this thread, I realize that a reservation doesn't mean much when you have hopes of getting free dining.

Wishing everyone the best of luck Monday :) I will be awake with the rest of you. I want to take my 4 year old to all the character dining spots, and FD is the only way I can possibly afford that :) Fingers crossed for you all.

Can I just throw this out there? Maybe it's a concern that there won't be anything available at their desired resort more than getting FD? I mean, I'm sure FD plays into it for a lot of people but that may not be the overriding concern. I dunno. I'm just throwin' it out there. :confused3

I stated that in another post.

I think it is Disney scaring people like me... I am new to this, so when I called them to book a room and I asked, "Is free dining going to be available this year?" They always say something like this: "We would recommend that you book your room now. If you wait until your the promo drops, you may not get the room of your choice. We would book now and add on the promo later."

So, Disney collects $200 and convinces us that we need to book now! After reading 500 pages of this thread, I realize that a reservation doesn't mean much when you have hopes of getting free dining.

Wishing everyone the best of luck Monday :) I will be awake with the rest of you. I want to take my 4 year old to all the character dining spots, and FD is the only way I can possibly afford that :) Fingers crossed for you all.

This kind of matches up with my way of thinking. I mean, I'm going no matter what. But I booked my room back in February hoping that FD would be offered during my dates. I knew it didn't guarantee me getting it if it was offered. But it did guarantee that I got a room that I wanted at the resort that I wanted.

What's the express?

Right now I have a plan sorta like this

Day one
Show up in time to get 4-6 hours in the park.
See MK at night. walk around. Use the 3 fp rides. Maybe see FW and then walk on whatever can.

Day two
A party day as of now.
We would have a morning at one park at rope drop (Epcot or HS)
Fp+1
Fp+2
Rest
Fp+3
Express to MK for party about 2 or 3

Most of my days we have planned to use express to the fullest
Rope drop then expresses to another park for FP uses.
The lunch rest and to a park for the evening shows.

I am trying to do an F dinner and then take express to Epcot to see illuminations in one night but I will have another chance for illumination, after the Candlelight Dinner and show.
We want to see ROL (with the tusker house package)

I know it could be crowded but we are planning to take advantage of all these time-saving shows and meals.
ats the express?

We went last year in September and booked 2 bounce backs with FD for us and my brothers family for this September. Is FD always the bounce back that time of year? How do they determine what bounce back is offered? It is so nice to not have to sweat it this year for FD, but I still can't stop stalking this thread.

Ok my OT comment, visited DD last month & got my first look at Disney Springs. Can I say YUCK?!?!? IMO they took everything I love about DTD and squished it into a corner then shoved an outlet mall in the middle. They did a beautiful job on the mall but ITS AN OUTLET MALL not my lovely relaxing DTD. Except for a quick trip to EOS not sure I need to go there anymore ☹️

What's the express?

ats the express?

There is a direct bus service between the parks only for an additional cost. $27ish for 7 days from memory. You board the bus inside one park and it delivers you, with no stops in between, to inside another park. So saves going through security between parks and having to stop at DS or other parks on the way to the park you want.

You would have to have ph to make it worth adding on. No point otherwise.

We went last year in September and booked 2 bounce backs with FD for us and my brothers family for this September. Is FD always the bounce back that time of year? How do they determine what bounce back is offered? It is so nice to not have to sweat it this year for FD, but I still can't stop stalking this thread.

Last year was my first trip ever to Disney World. I made a HUGE rookie mistake by not taking advantage of the bounce back offer. I didn't even know it existed until I got back. A friend of mine that is a DW veteran asked me is I saw the bounce back offer in my room that would get me free dining. I called Disney back and they said it was too late to get it... Gotta book while you are there. Wish I would've seen that offer before checking out. lol. But I will admit, waiting for FD to come out is exciting. Its like Christmas and its cool to know you are all on this ride with me. :)

Is the park hopper plus option the only way to get water park tickets? If I just do the hopper can I add the plus option once I'm there if weather is warm enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter