******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years ago we stayed in a pirate room and our stay was just fine, aside from the long walk to the food court. So last year we booked a standard room for FD. Went to check in and our room smelled stale/musty/smokey then heavily sprayed with something to mask that smell. It was instant headache as soon as you walked in the door. So I dragged my half asleep kids back to concierge to ask for another room. Got one in a different building.....same smell. Blech. Back to concierge I went, in tears at this point, and they kindly moved us to another resort.
Wow - glad to hear they moved you! Thanks for the info.

Confirmed, at least for the South America TA

I have entered the Argentina TA webpage, and they already are offering this for September:

http://www.allseasons.tur.ar/tarifarios/disney_paquetes.php?pais=undefined&destino=44&periodo=9&origen=Buenos Aires&regimen=undefined&noches=undefined&hasta=undefined&cupo=undefined

• 7 Nights Disney's Art Of Animation
  • Ticket + Hopper PLUS
  • QS Free Dining Plan
  • ME Transportation
  • Magic Bands
Travelling dates from 08/13/17 to 12/23/17, some nights excluded as mentioned before. (October not included)

To start booking from 04/24/17

Regarding the Hopper Plus and AoA is only for this offer, not the general offer.

I don't need to buy the newspaper hehe! This is all we are going to get down here at SA.

Anyway, I booked directly with Disney so no big deal.

CONFIRMED I have also found another offer for Disney Caribbean Beach Resort, offering FREE QUICK SERVICE (not regular DDP)

So moderates get QS

This is being offered for September thru December 2017 at some South American TAs.

Just in case you missed it this morning.

Normally this TA wants you to book 2 or 3 more days (with tickets + PH {or PH+}) than the required (so I think 4 tickets is the minimum this year). This TA is an official & authorized by Disney.

Also, they usually (almost) match the US offer, but the thing in our case is:

if you are willing to travel more than 5000 miles you need at least a week at WDW/Orlando. I think if you just want 4 days they could sell it (they don't advertise it, though).

Getting closer to Monday! Yay! (I can't believe I am writing this LOL)

Does anyone know when wilderness lodge renovations are expected to be complete? It says 2017 and this is on table for options for us as to where to stay.
Just an FYI, DD stayed at WL in '16 and there was a note in their room to please pardon the pixie dust from renovations and there was a cute trading pin. They never saw any construction. Sometimes (most of the time) Disney tries to be pretty discreet.

7,8, or 9 nights is what I am stuck on lol so no matter what it is a week long. I wouldn't be wanting to go there for a 4-day trip. That was one issue with my mom and dad's trip 10+ years ago. I know it was not long enough and we had no hoppers.

CBR is going to be a hot mess for quite some time. They're supposedly building DVC, a gondola to Epcot and HW and adding waterfront dining! I'll stay there again when it's done!

We always stay 10 nights. We do 3 MK days, 2 Epcot, 1 each HS/AK, 1 or 2 universal and maybe 1 rest day. I know we should, but we don't build many rest days into our disney vacay. This year we're thinking about increasing to 12 nights and taking 2 full rest days. No matter how many days you stay, you never want to leave and it never feels long enough.

7,8, or 9 nights is what I am stuck on lol so no matter what it is a week long. I wouldn't be wanting to go there for a 4-day trip. That was one issue with my mom and dad's trip 10+ years ago. I know it was not long enough and we had no hoppers.
Yeah, those quick 4 day trips are tough. I'd still do it for sure, but they don't feel relaxed. Those are the kind of trips where you come home needing a vacation from your vacation.

If that is the case they might offer the reg. dining plan to that resort rather than the QS plan to try to fill more rooms.

Doubt it. They already offered gift cards and filled it up.

Oh does that mean I'd have to be a DVC member to book there?

I was all ready, now I'm scrabbling.
:badpc:

No, no, no...alll .the Villas at ANY Disney resort are DVC, but anyone can stay there if they have availability.

We always stay 10 nights. We do 3 MK days, 2 Epcot, 1 each HS/AK, 1 or 2 universal and maybe 1 rest day. I know we should, but we don't build many rest days into our disney vacay. This year we're thinking about increasing to 12 nights and taking 2 full rest days. No matter how many days you stay, you never want to leave and it never feels long enough.
It's true, we were honestly sad to go at the end of our 7 week trip. But we bought an annual pass that year so we went back two more times for 5 more weeks total. That was the year man. And in case you're wondering, No, you really don't get tired of Disney. :mickeyjum

I don't understand DVC. My parents are members, and I'm thrilled that they are because it benefits me greatly, but even though they've paid for it many years ago (they've been members since '91) their monthly fees are almost $300. They could pay for a vacation with the dues they pay. Makes no sense to me. Sorry, was quoting something about DVC but it didn't work.

Just an FYI, DD stayed at WL in '16 and there was a note in their room to please pardon the pixie dust from renovations and there was a cute trading pin. They never saw any construction. Sometimes (most of the time) Disney tries to be pretty discreet.
That would be ideal if we have little awareness of it and bonus for a pin

I don't understand DVC. My parents are members, and I'm thrilled that they are because it benefits me greatly, but even though they've paid for it many years ago (they've been members since '91) their monthly fees are almost $300. They could pay for a vacation with the dues they pay. Makes no sense to me. Sorry, was quoting something about DVC but it didn't work.
With all the Disney vacations we take I've tried to make the figures work in our favor and I've always come out thinking the same as you. People do it so it must work for them. Maybe we're missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter