******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so this is probably a really silly question but I'm a little confused. So when we are refreshing pages tomorrow night are we talking about the Disney world offer pages with different promotions listed. Or if we have a package in our cart are we refreshing the page where we would select the dining plan?!

The offer page needs to be refreshed to show the new offer when it goes live. Once you have a package in your cart you dont want to refresh :)

We are thinking of changing to a deluxe resort from CSR as our dates are not likely to be in FD dates
1) of old key west, wilderness lodge and Saratoga Springs, are all considered FD deluxe resorts?
- are any traditionally excluded?
2) anyone have any recommendations for one over the other?
Our family is 2 adults and kids 4,8 and2
Thank you for you help!

The offer page needs to be refreshed to show the new offer when it goes live. Once you have a package in your cart you dont want to refresh :)
Okay thanks got it refresh offer page then continue to my cart like normal! Didn't want to be in the wrong place. I scored FD in 2015 & I don't remember it this confusing lol

Okay so this is probably a really silly question but I'm a little confused. So when we are refreshing pages tomorrow night are we talking about the Disney world offer pages with different promotions listed. Or if we have a package in our cart are we refreshing the page where we would select the dining plan?!

There are no silly questions. We are all here to help each other that's why we are the best posters on the DIS.

Okay thanks got it refresh offer page then continue to my cart like normal! Didn't want to be in the wrong place. I scored FD in 2015 & I don't remember it this confusing lol

It probably won't be. I wouldn't over worry about it.

In the past I had to book a new package reservation because the online system didn't allow modifications. You could only modify by calling in. I came to this thread late so perhaps that has changed in recent years. Also even if you already have a package booked it doesn't mean you will be able to get free dining. If free dining is booked for the number of rooms they have allowed at that resort you are out of luck and might have to change resorts or your dates even.

Still crossing my fingers that MODS get the regular dining plan... But I have plan B and C in place if the rumors are true. Is it Monday yet? lol. Can anyone give advice as to which value would be the best? Bringing my 4 year old daughter. She is so excited!

In the past I had to book a new package reservation because the online system didn't allow modifications. You could only modify by calling in. I came to this thread late so perhaps that has changed in recent years. Also even if you already have a package booked it doesn't mean you will be able to get free dining. If free dining is booked for the number of rooms they have allowed at that resort you are out of luck and might have to change resorts or your dates even.

You have to call if you want to change your dates, but you can change the resort or package offer online.

So from what I understand, when we book, I should start on the offer page, then click the FD offer and then put in resort dates, etc to make a reservation from the offer page as opposed to keeping a reservation "saved" in my cart beforehand, correct? And then after I add a resort from the offer page, it'll take me to the queue? I've never done this before so wanted to know vaguely what to expect!

I've been reading along the last 50 pages or so...lots of info here! We haven't actually made a room reservation yet. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to making a reservation now? Or should I just wait to make the reservation when the l FD offer is released? Thanks in advance for any insight, wisdom, etc you may offer

We have always stayed at Pop. We loved it so much we have only ever stayed there. My son especially loves it. It is like home away from home to him. This trip we are hoping to stay at All Star Music since Movies isn't likely part of the deal. I am ready to try some place new this time.

I've been reading along the last 50 pages or so...lots of info here! We haven't actually made a room reservation yet. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to making a reservation now? Or should I just wait to make the reservation when the l FD offer is released? Thanks in advance for any insight, wisdom, etc you may offer
In the past I booked ahead but it was more of a hassle then a help. It doesn't guarantee free dining and in fact may hinder how many packages and which resorts they offer with free dining as well as the dates available at each resort. Unless you are going no matter what and want to be sure to have a room I wouldn't bother. This time around I am waiting it out.

My DD was perfectly happy with the pool, and we liked the nearby hammocks and the hot tub. This will be our first time at BC (if we get it), and I'm sure the POR pool can't compete with SAB. That said, we liked it as much as the pools at AKL, CR, and GF. It was our first time not doing deluxe (I know...spoiled) and I had the same worries you do, but it really didn't feel like a downgrade. My daughter and husband would pick it over WL or AKL, and we'll be headed back to POR if we don't get a good deal on BC.

Sounds like you guys love BC. Were you bothered at all by their limited QS? That's the only thing I'm really concerned about since we tend to eat at our resort at least a few times per trip.
We weren't bothered by it because we tended to eat quick service lunch in the parks and grab a granola bar and banana in the morning. We did get food at Hurricane Hanna's once or twice while hanging out at the pool. That was basic burgers/fries. The quick service at BC was attached to a gift shop and had a small hot breakfast food area. There was egg sandwiches i believe and oatmeal, coffee, grab and go items and such. What did bother me was the next trip when we stayed at the YC. I thought is was the same thing, but the YC didn't even have the small counter service breakfast area that the BC had. It was a long walk every morning to get to the beach club to get some food. First world problems, I know!

is 13/8 i mean 8/13 for the GP?

Before Disney we wanna go to st pete beach.. we love it there..but this time i am alone with my son, and due to my handicap, i cant rent a car
Can someone tell me what is the best, not too expensive, option for us to go from Orlando to tampa/st pete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter